1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyanide Rat Ogre or Mino

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by tys123, Dec 23, 2018.

1. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    Which is better a Rat Ogre or a Minotaur.
    It is for my Mixed Race team.
    I already have the troll and 4 warriors but think I need some more Strength as my elves can handle the AG stuff but I have been outbashed a couple of times.

Mino has horns which is unlikely to be used but also has thick skull to keep him on the pitch.
    The Rat Ogre has a tail which is better at tying up players

2. Supa

Supa Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    Does the Mino have access to tentacles on normal? If he does, then absolutely minotaur. If not, then I'd probably give slight edge to rat ogre unless you really like blitzing with big guys. Not a fan of either big guys personally. :D

3. Deithwen

Deithwen Active Member

Steam Username:
    Deithwen
    Cyanide Username:
    Deithwen
    Country Flag:
    If it is a long-term team I'd just buy a couple of beastmen and build a Chaos team with a couple of elves and/or gutter runners. Big guys are too much of a liability.

Supa likes this.
  4. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I forgot about that. It is a chaos mino so has mutations on normal while the RO needs doubles.
    Guess I go for the mino.

He doesn't need to hit anything. My style is that the warriors and troll tie up players while the elves dance around and steal the ball and the underworld blitzer kills stuff.
    That doesn't work with ST3 as you don't want to mark with beastmen.
    It is also why the Chaos Troll is way better than either the RO or Mino.
    It is a long term team. My TV will go up near 2500 with the extra big guy.

5. mamutas

mamutas Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    don't even think about it @tys123 ! Your team has way too much strength already! :D
    sheesh, I am getting a Troll next time I have a chance! And then 6 Ogres. I'll leave to my 4AG Blitzer to do the scoring...

On serious note, I'd go for a Chaos Mino as well. Getting the mutations give him an advantage.