1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recruting Breathers

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by Netsmurf, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Got two skills from that game.

My block mummy rolled 4+4:D:confused: What to take, dodge? Jump up? Frenzy? Something else?

My rookie Ghoul rolled 3+3:D:confused: What to take, Guard? Piling on? Is it worth taking the double?

2. Barninho

Barninho Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Dodge. When you have a Mummy with Dodge and Break Tackle it makes people cry.

The Ghoul I'm not sure. Sure Hands is a solid double pick if you have Guard elsewhere and no Sure Hands. Although it's probably not as tempting with an AG ghoul to pick up the ball.

3. Doomy

Doomy Member

Country Flag:
    Definitely Guard on the ghoul as far as I'm concerned. If he somehow survives you can then give him Block and Side Step. ;)

As for the mummy, take Block and stop pretending to be confused. Unless you actually want to listen to Barn. :p

4. Barninho

Barninho Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    He's got Block already Doomy... This is Netsmurf. He rolls a double or stat increase every single time.

5. Doomy

Doomy Member

Country Flag:
    Oh, so he has, the lucky, lucky bastard. :rolleyes:;)

ST5 blodge is awesome. Probably.

6. Rusty

Rusty Active Member

Country Flag:
    Dodge and Guard for me. I'd love a blodging Mummy or TG...

7. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    How about sidestep on the mummy? Take out one corner of a cage and see them try to blitz him away:powdodge:

8. Rusty

Rusty Active Member

Country Flag:
    It seems like a waste of a double to me when you could get Stand Firm on a normal roll.

Edit: Sorry, I forgot you don't ever roll normal skills. Ignore the above.

9. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    ---Demonic Vision Display still out of order---
    ---Gunnar ready as always---
    ---Necro vs Undead heroes---
    ---Necro quickly in front??? Disaster lurks---
    ---Undead heroes kill agile werewolf---
    ---GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL---
    ---Undead heroes win 3-1---
    ---Gunnar Longtounge, Blahvile Gazette---
    ---STOP---

10. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Got one skill roll from this match, my Blodge ghoul and it was a nice 6+4 so that was +MA for him. Ill be sorry to stop with this team when CCIV is over:eek:

11. jrpeart

jrpeart Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    jrpeart
    Cyanide Username:
    jrpeart
    Country Flag:
    And he calls me an evil minion of Nuffle :p.

So have you rolled a normal skill with this team yet?

12. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    You can just roll them over into CTA and then you can still get the chance to play them occassionally. I plan doing the same with my Elves.

13. Thanatos

Thanatos Member

Country Flag:
    Sweet Zombie Jebus!

Save some of the cool skill rolls for the rest of us! :cool:

14. Doomy

Doomy Member

Country Flag:
    I'm glad this isn't your OCC team or I'd be tempted to invent some spurious reason to have you banned for having a much better Undead team than I ever will. :p

15. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Just got the 4 round match away for a nice 2-1 win against the norse from russia. Got myself 3 skillrolls from that match:D

My guard mummy let me down with a normal roll:mad: - so what to take:confused: Im leaning towards either, grab, break tacle or stand firm.

The MVP landed on a zombie = block, was a +AG roll but even I can deny that skill option.;)

Superghoul had to step up and score twice so he rolled a normal skill and I have given him sidestep.

Look forward to playing the groupe final against Etheric - only thing that matters in that match is survival as playoffs is secure for both of us:cool:

16. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Ehh... Hallo hallo world this is Gunnar Longtounge testing the new and much improved DVD-system, now in HD, which is short for Hell Densified. The problems from last week was simply due to a demon negotiation gone bad, but the wizards promise that the new Hell Densified Demonic Vision Display - HDDVD should provide qrystal clear pictures and even better sound and boy is that good news for all of Gunnars fans.

The long lonesome misserable periode of your life is now at an end. Gunnar is back and Gunnars voice is clear even in a monestary with vows of silence. Next match will be a groupe final between the two most brutal and sublime teams in groupe 2 of the CCIV. Both have 4 victories but there can only be one in the end before they start the playoffs. If the better seeding isnt worth playing for, then the knowledge that Gunnar is back will most definatly make this a match to remember. Tune in next week - be course objectivitys true defender is back:powdodge:

Gunnar Longtounge - Blavile Gazette - Gunnar so popular that the mere mention of his name stopped a demonwar so HDDVD could be installed:pow:

17. John McGuirk

John McGuirk Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Good to hear that Gunnar's back! I must say that the signal quality on the new HD DVD is remarkable, even though the picture does occasionally cut to scenes of torture and depravity in what I can only assume to be the eternal abyss. Not a big problem, but it is liable to put one off one's lunch.

When I was signing the contract to upgrade my package, I did notice something in the small print about immortal souls.. but the sales rep snatched it out of my hand before I could get a proper look at it :confused:

He seemed to find it all very amusing, letting out a shrill cackle, which I found an odd reaction to a mundane transaction. Probably nothing to worry about though, right?

18. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    No worries at all - nothing written with invisible ink here - no sire nothing at all. Don´t fret, eternaty aint that long or so they say;)

19. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Stand firm and Guard is a nasty combo, so i would lean towards that on your mummy. Hopefully you and Etheric rip each other to shreds so that the rest of us who will be progressing stand more of a chance. And just remember that due to Cyanide sucking at matchups, its likely the 2 of you will be facing each other again in the 2nd stage of the playoffs (assuming you both make it through), so it wouldn’t hurt to cripple each other a bit in the upcoming match.

20. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Both Etheric and I have a 4-0-0 record in the second stage so we are guarantied to go to the playoffs. I still wonder on the best skill for my mummy, but I will think of something eventualy:D