1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red Rockets aim for the sky!

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by Purgatory, May 4, 2011.

1. Purgatory

Purgatory Member

Country Flag:
    Well, the fruity Red Rockets faced off against our league's Norse team, the rap-themed "Original Gangsters", and it was an interesting, if catastrophic game, but not in the sense that I anticipated it. This team has two killer Blitzers, with MB, PO and Tackle, and they have in their tandem, blitzing ways been responsible for 5-6 injuries alone in the OG's games against other WE and Skaven teams. As such, I expected a bloody affair.

I got 150k in inducements, and chose an Apoth and a Babe. He won fame, I won the roll and decided to receive, and set up along one flank in order to get the jump on one of the Blitzers, Tupac, who happens to have a -AV injury. Naturally, he rolls a Blitz! for the kick-off, and actually manages to reach the ball, thanks to it scattering in the 7 direction, six squares (with kick three). He downs a couple of my lads before I get to play my first turn, and I blitz the ball carrier, get him down, get the ball picked up and promptly fail the 3+ pass to safety made neccessary by my over-commitment to the left flank. I fumble the ball and a whole hell of messyness starts in my half of the field.

The couple of next turn include my hero Catcher with Wrestle, Dauntless, Tackle, Leap blitzing Eminem (Kick, Guard Lineman) and getting his first CAS ever, and actually beating him up so badly that the player would outright not play any more Blood Bowl ever (unless raised by another team). My opponent elected to use an Apothecary and screwed the poor rapper's head back on, leaving him in the reserve's box. Oh well, good show, nonetheless.

Finally, my opponent manages to send enough of my players to the KO box, but none to Injuries, to get the ball and score. Despite my best efforts to keep the ball, it seemed to always bounce the wrong way, and my opponent managed to pick it up in TZs on 5+ and 6+ rolls more than a few times. In fact, this was an ongoing theme in the game.

I then fail to return the favour before the half ends, as my opponent rolls a Perfect Defense on the Kick-Off in the next drive, again screwing up my offensive plan.

At the start of the second half, he begins by sending the first player in my team to the Injuries box, an unlevelled Lineperson, only BH, so I leave him there, since I have 12 players. He pushes down my right flank, and I mark up and blitz the prompted receiver, causing him to miss his next game after a crowd-surf. He picks up the ball with Scooby Dooby Doo (a Werewolf), and since I've used up most of my defense on my right, I only threaten him enough to force him to score quickly.

It is once again my drive, and I start to push through, netting both my Wardancers and my hero Catcher within scoring range. He marks them up, and blocks the Catcher, downing him, but his armour holds. He sends a player down my field to threaten my Thrower, but nothing too serious.

I send up my Tree to help my Catcher with his Guard, and the Catcher jumps up for the Blitz in order to free up not only himself but also one of the Wardancers. I pass the Dauntless roll (didn't fail a single one this game, yay!) and rolled :skull::skull:, re-roll :skull::skull:

The untimely turnover left my ball-carrier vulnerable, and after marking one of the players protecting him, my opponent managed a 1D-blitz on my Thrower, which worked quite well, since he has no Block. Again, the ball flies off in the "wrong" direction (from my point of view) and after a few more turns of dogpile wanking, my opponent scores again, 2-0.

In my last turn, I have a chance of getting a one-round score, but my MA 9 Catcher fails to get out of the KO box, which makes it a bit more difficult. I also line up my offense in order to get a pass with my 5 SPP Lineperson. He rolls Pitch Invasion, not only downing my Catcher, but also the Lineperson. I just Blitz with a Wardancer, roll another :skull::skull:, getting him stunned, and that ends the game.

Final Score: 0-2 (2-1 CAS)

Overall it was a very strange game. I failed to even get the ball into my opponent's side of the pitch, and I failed some crucial rolls. My opponent, on the other hand, seemed to be playing only with AG 5 players, while my Woodies were uncharacteristically ham-handed. I expected half my team to get killed off, but won the CAS war in the end, and didn't use either Apothecary at that. My opponent rolled rubbish for Armour, which is also not in his usual play style, but I'm not complaining. I rolled 50k for winnings, which means I now have 120k in the kitty in case one of my WDs bites the dust before the play-offs.

Overall, I'm still well within the reach of the play-offs. Next week I'm up against Orcs, and his team is by far the least-experienced one in the league, I'm giving away about 600k of inducements. He has played the game for about as long as me, but I've taken the game much more seriously, and above-all, I've played with the same team the entire time, while he has swapped from Orcs to Humans to DE to Orcs again. I'd say I'm favoured in the match, which, obviously, means that there's another loss on the horizon :p

2. Snap Wilson

Snap Wilson Member

After this happened to me, I went and calculated the odds. 1 in 1296. Instead of double-double-skulls or whatever people call it, I hereby refer to this phenomenon as getting twelve-ninety-six'd.

Good luck in the playoffs.

3. Purgatory

Purgatory Member

Country Flag:
    Heh, I actually quite like the sound of that! :)

I'm not in the play-offs yet, I still have three more games to go, and all but one player is eligible for T4, so it looks like a harsh deal. First up this week is Orcs, and as I said I'm giving away a whole bunch of inducements, though not as much as I thought initially, his team value has gone up quite a bit this season. After him is a mirror match against another WE team, and since he is fresh in the A-tier, his team has suffered much less injuries than mine. Also, he has a pair of nasty Wardancers, one with +ST and the other +AG. The last game of the season is against an old nemesis of mine, a Khemri team which has played like 7 seasons now, hopefully I will have more of my players with me against him than I did last season...

4. Snap Wilson

Snap Wilson Member

Positivity, man!

5. Purgatory

Purgatory Member

Country Flag:
    Played against Orcs today, and the match was again a weird story.

He got some inducements and chose a Chainsaw, two Babes and an Apoth. Yeah, I don't know either... I won FAME and the roll to receive and elected to do so. He began in a strong fashion by setting up his Chainsaw on the line, I don't know either, and then rolled a Pitch Invasion for Kick-Off, we both down three players each, which makes my Offense slightly awkward again.

I Blitz a greenskin and pour some elves down. He sends a Blitzer down my way and mark up all my players with more than one player. I pick up the ball with my +MA Catcher (the Thrower was downed by the Pitch Invasion) and he moves up behind a screen, failing a GFI to be completely safe from a Blitz. Not to worry though, his armour holds, and I pick it up with him again and keep moving up.

In my turn five I have to go for the score, since he keeps sending my stuff to the KO box and keep marking my players too well. I move up and have to risk a 3+ Pass, which is of course a 2, re-roll 2. The ball flies out in the crowd, who promptly tosses it back to the Catcher, who is more than happy to lay his hands on the ball once again. Of course, there were about a million Orcs surrounding him by then, so he gets knocked down and one of the Orc Blitzers with Guard, Tackle grabs the ball and starts moving towards my end of the pitch.

I mark some non-guard players and send in my hero Wardancer, Stevie Slamdunk to get a one-die Blitz on him, figuring I have a 2/3 chance to knock the ball loose with Strip Ball, making it 81% with the re-roll. I roll :skull:, re-roll :skull:, Stevie is CAS:ed and I elected to use my only Apothecary to bring him back, since he is too important to the team defensively to be left in the box for three quarters of a game. Living on the edge.

I spend the rest of the half trying to get another Blitz on his ball carrier and marking up some players, and he finally fails a Pass to a marked Blitzer ending the half at 0-0. So strange.

The second half starts with me setting up a one-sided defense, luring him to either get the ball in a safe cage or hit my dudes. He shrugs and sets up all Orcs bar his Throwers on the line. Of course. I roll a shitty Kick-Off, High Kick, I believe, and he was off trying to down as many elves as possible. The line, except for the Tree is stunned, as is customary against bashy teams, and he sets up a nice cage towards the side-lines. I leap into the same cage after establishing a player advantage via two knock-outs (!) and pass the Dauntless-roll with my hero Catcher (god I love him) for a -2D block, :bothdown::pushback:. Choosing not to be crowd-surfed, of course, the ball is nonetheless knocked out into the crowd after we both go down, and after a quick toss-in, Stevie Slamdunk ("It's dunkin' time!") picks the ball up and heads for the Orc end-zone. I mark up the rest of the greenskins and the next turn is a simple TD for me, no rolls at all for fear of getting twelve-nintysixed.

The following kick-off is a Quicksnap and he moves up some stuff. My opponent then makes the mistake of thinking that my Blodge, Side Step, Kick Lineperson is in fact a Catcher and blitzes him unassisted with a Blitzer, getting a mere push and then getting even greedier and decides to toss a re-roll, getting a :skull:. Turnover means I can rush downfield with my +MA Catcher and stand next to the ball after three GFI's, no re-rolls spent (yeah!). He spends a couple of turns trying to block him out of the way, but fails to get a :pow: with four or five dice. The ball bounces around and ends up in his end-zone where I fail an unmarked pick-up despite using a re-roll (...).

In my last turn it is my turn to get greedy, figuring I'd try to get both a completion and a TD on Stevie Slamdunk to put him on 76 SPPs. I move in a Catcher next to the sideline, and then Stevie runs, gets the ball and makes a Quick Pass to the Catcher, my plan was to toss it back with a hand-off. As I marked the completion on my team sheet, I realized that I had just passed the ball to a player who had already moved this turn. Total brain-fart, but a win nonetheless.

Final Score: 1-0 (2-0 CAS).

Overall, the match was again a rather weird one, with some untimely shitty rolls from my side, but my opponent also had some shitty rolls (an early Kick-Back with the Chainsaw, and the re-rolled one-die blitz for example). Having a player advantage agianst Orcs was great, although his team is still very much in the early developmental stage, he only had one Tackle player, for example.

If my opponent had used his Inducement money in a more orthodox way, say getting the Chainsaw and two Bribes instead of what he got now, I could see the game heading in a completely different direction. I need to step up my game and play more conservatively I think. Then again, I did get three knock-outs so the Bloodweiser Babes sure did their job.

I rolled a 2 for winnings, re-rolled into a 1, which means I got 10k after Spiralling Expenses. 130k in the bank now, still decent for my team. No bad Casualties on either side, though my niggle Lineperson will sit the next one out. I got a skill-roll on another Lineperson, rolled 5+1 and chose Wrestle.

Therefor, the team as it stands now is:

Wardancer - Strip Ball, Side Step, Jump Up, Tackle (73 SPP)
    Wardancer - Side Step, Tackle

Catcher - Block, Side Step
    Catcher - Block, Side Step, +MA, Diving Tackle
    Catcher - Wrestle, Dauntless, Tackle, Leap
    Catcher - Wrestle

Thrower - Pass (3 SPP)

Treeperson - Grab, Guard (26 SPP)

Lineperson - Niggle, MNG
    Lineperson - Naked (3 SPP)
    Lineperson - Wrestle
    Lineperson - Block, Dodge, Side Step, Kick

Apoth, 9 FF, 120k in the bank.

TV: 1920 (1850 for next week)

This win puts me on 12 points, and with a decent +/- of 4, but there are four other players competing for the T4, and anyone can be in or out with two weeks to go for the play-offs. Next I'm up against another Woodies team, though this one has both a) lost way fewer Linepeople since its creation, and b) rolled +ST on one WD and +AG on the other, so it ought to be a tough match. I will probably get some Inducements, maybe enough for an Apothecary or a couple of Babes. The final week is against the mean Khemri team, and both of the players are still within the reach for the play-offs, meaning I have two very exciting games ahead of me.

Go Rockets! :powdodge:

6. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    Definitely a weird match, especially Your opponent's inducements choice was questionable. Congratulations for the victory. :powdodge:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  7. Purgatory

Purgatory Member

Country Flag:
    Very true, it was also very short, since both me and my opponent had numerous turn-overs in the second half (for example, me failing to pick up the unmarked ball, despite using a re-roll, led me to finish my turn in less than 40 seconds).

I've had a couple of really strange matches the past couple of weeks, and the dice have been all over the place. Causing three KO's against Orcs (none of them on a crowd-surf or a foul, they were all straight non-MB blocks) is rare for me, having a player advantage even moreso.

I'm currently pondering on what to do with my 130k. I might buy another Lineperson, since I could really use a reserve against the Woodies that I'm up against next week. He has some dirty stuff like a S4, Frenzy, Tackle Wardancer, an AG5, Wrestle, Strip Ball Wardancer, a couple of Guard players, and several Linepeople with one or two levels. One can really tell he spent the seasons prior to this in the considerably less-bashy B-tier, his team has been steadily gaining TV while mine has been rollercoasting between 1750 and 2200 over the past three seasons.

Then again, I'm down to 1850 for our match, so I'll probably get 150-ish for inducements, which means I might as well get a Mercenary rather than spending my hard-earned cash for a player just for that match. I have a feeling that one of my important players might be seriously injured, for some reason :p

8. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Either a wizard, or a skilled lineguy?

9. Purgatory

Purgatory Member

Country Flag:
    Probably something along those lines, yes. We'll see, when the match day arrives. He has no Coaches/Cheers to drop me to 140k inducements, I think, so he leaves the decision in my hands :)

10. Purgatory

Purgatory Member

Country Flag:
    Apparently, he had a +ST, Wrestle Lino missing this match, so I bought a Lineperson (named him Bigger Jim) and we both ended up on 1920 TV.

I don't want to type much about the match, it was a study in how you do and do not defend against Wood Elfs. His +ST WD and +AG WD were two pains in my neck, overall I had a tough time protecting the ball when on offense.

Highlights:

* Stevie Slamdunk ("It's dunkin' time!") blized his +AG WD, knocking him over, breaking the armour and killing him. Apo made it a -AV, and my opponent soured over the match.

* Our trees crossed wood twice, causing them both to go down both times.

* My +MA, DT Catcher was a boss, but got CAS:ed with a niggle in the end, so he'll be sitting the next one out.

* My new Catcher gang-fouled the +ST WD to a BH.

* My fresh recruit got a -ST injury, and the MVP.

* I rolled a one for winnings :mad:

Final Score: 2-4 loss (3-2 CAS)

Overall, I think the match result is fair. We both started playing at the same time, and even though is team is newer than mine, his has a higer TV, has more levels on Linos, and have a few Guard players (a Catcher and a Lion) on top of the awesome WDs.

He rolled very well in the first half, spending his first re-roll on an illegal procedure circa turn 6. I rolled well in the second half, but got a couple of tough turn-overs. We each got a Blitz! each, but I couldn't make use of mine as well as he could, I failed the GFI to the ball-square despite using a re-roll, so I didn't even get to attempt to catch.

Next week is Khemri, and it's more or less win-and-in for the play-offs.

11. Slyspy

Slyspy Member

Country Flag:
    "Our trees crossed wood twice".

fnar-fnar!

12. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Hot Elf-on-Elf action. :p

Sounds dramatic (and lethal). I hope I manage to keep my own TT WD:s alive a few more levels.. ;)

13. Purgatory

Purgatory Member

Country Flag:
    Despite losing, it was quite an enjoyable match to play, but quite lopsided: when his WDs were on the pitch, I stood little to no chance of doing anything, but once they were gone, his team felt a whole lot more weak, for obvious reasons. His abundance of Side Step was still as annyoing as ever, but less-so when is lone Tackle piece sat the rest of the game out in the CAS box :)

@Slyspy: The match itself was actually a lot less innuendo-ridden than I expected initially, but I couldn't help myself and had to cram that in. *cough*

14. Slyspy

Slyspy Member

Country Flag:
    Some games you win, in others you have to take your punishment and suck it up.

15. Purgatory

Purgatory Member

Country Flag:
    Just came home from the last game of the season, against a crazy-levelled Khemri team playing its 54th Blood Bowl game. Needless to say, I was in for a rough ride, although our games in the past have been close (losses).

His team is a real beast, with a Tackle, MB, Guard, Frenzy Blitz-Ra, and the other identical but with Grab over Frenzy. One of his Tomb Guardians have Block, they all have Guard, two of them have Mighty Blow and Multiple Block, and the final one has Guard, Break Tackle and a couple of other skills. Most of his Skeletons are levelled, most of them have Block, Tackle and Fend, and one of them have Guard. His Thro-Ras are a bit different, one has something like Block, Tackle, Fend, one of thme have Block, Kick-off Return, Tackle. Loads and loads of Tackle, thus, lots of Mighty Blow, lots of pain coming my way.

My +MA Catcher was sitting this one out, netting me exactly 400k for inducmenets. I chose a Wizard, a Babe and Eldril. I won the FAME, and he won the roll for first turn and elected to receive.

I set up an uneven defense with my Tree, my Wrestle Lino and an inexperienced Lino on the line and kicked on the other side. He boxed in the ball, downed the LOS, including the Tree, and we were off with him moving about two squares every turn towards my end zone, and me dodging out of the way every turn and set up a new defense of double columns.

I have this philosophy when facing bashy teams: if I dodge out with everything in my turn, he can kill at most 16 players (which, with Riot, is a truth with a slight modification), and it has served me well so far.

On my turn five I elect to toss a Fireball onto his cage +1, and I knock out three players, stun two, and it leaves his ball carrier open to a blitz from Lexa Radmo (Wrestle, Dauntless, Tackle, Leap Catcher). He goes down, the ball scatters away and after a turn or two of convoluted mess, I manage to secure the ball with the same Catcher (hero!) behind a screen of elven friends. I score in my turn 8 for a defensive TD, and we were off to the second half at 1-0 to the good guys.

We're both at 10 players for the second half, my Babe does nothing, and he also has a couple of Skeletons and a Blitz-Ra in the KO box from the Fireball. I set up a regular one-sided offense with some security guys in case he rolls a Blitz!, which has happened at least once in the past three games I've played. He rolls something uninteresting, Cheering Fans, I think, and the ball scatters close to the LOS. Stevie "It's Dunkin' Time!" Slamdunk, my hero Wardancer, picks up the ball and passes it back to my Thrower who gets behind a small line of Elves, as my Tree, my Wrestle Lino, Lexa Radmo and a couple of others pierce his line and rush towards his end-zone. He moves most of his team to mark my players on the right, so I move the Thrower towards the left and protect him in a side-cage, while blitzing and blocking my lads free close to his end-zone.

In my turn five, I have a couple of more players in the KO box and feel the pressure to score, so I move up some help for Lexa Radmo, he blitzes his way free and receives a 3+ Pass from the Thrower (first completion ever, yeah!) for 2-0.

The final turns of the match are spent mostly in the same fashion as the first half. I knock the ball loose with my Strip Ball Wardancer after a Blitz-Ra had caught it through a scatter, but then I fail to pick it up on a 3+ despite using a re-roll. Towards the end, one of his Tomb Guardian, a fearsome thing with 52 SPPs cross blades with Eldril, he rolls :bothdown::skull:, Eldril is KO'd and the Tomb Guardian is CAS:ed. I roll Dead! and Badly Hurt, and he fails the Regeneration roll, ending the CAS war for the game at 1-0 for me, and him with a fresh Tomb Guardian. I felt kinda sorry for my opponent, but couldn't help but laugh as the Tomb Guardian bit the dust, it is rare for my team to kill players, even more-so when it comes to experienced players.

Final score: 2-0 (1-0 CAS)

Stevie "It's Dunkin' Time!" Slamdunk gained his 76th SPP with this match, and rolled 3-3 for the level. I pondered Guard for a while, before realizing that I am not ready to part with him (Guard WEs always die very quickly, in my experience), so I chose Mighty Blow.

Lexa Radmo was the MVP in my opinion for the match, he was brilliant, and he is, with his two TDs this game, at 75 SPPs. Another level would've been nice for the play-offs, but oh well.

I rolled a 6 for the winnings, netting me 80k. I bought another Lineperson for the play-offs.

Overall, our dice were quite good, he rolled rubbish for Injury, I had four elves in the KO box at one point, but he also had a few KOs. Neither had any unfair Turn-Over.

5-0-2 means 15 points, +4 TDs and that is enough to make me safe for the play-offs, finally. A draw in this game would've probably meant that I was safe too, and he had to win. In any case, I'm in and he's out and has to play a qualification match to stay in the A-tier. I'm glad I don't have to do that this season.

My team, before the play-offs: I've decided to reveal the player names entirely now, some of the less-PG13 ones a bit censored. Some of them are named after men within the adult industry, specifically the dude-on-dude side of it. Some are named after friends, and in that case they are anagrams of friends' names or nicknames.

Stevie "It's Dunkin' Time!" Slamdunk, Wardancer - Strip Ball, Side Step, Jump Up, Tackle, Mighty Blow
    Samson Biceps II, Wardancer - Side Step, Tackle (28 SPPs)

Sam Uraj, Catcher - Block, Side Step
    Ron Jeremy, Catcher - Block, Side Step, +MA, Diving Tackle, Niggle
    Lexa Radmo, Catcher - Wrestle, Dauntless, Tackle, Leap (75 SPPs)
    Fresh Kid G, Catcher - Wrestle

Tommy Gunn Jr, Thrower - Naked

Barktooth Bigwood, Treeperson - Grab, Guard (28 SPPs)

Long D*ng Silver II, Lineperson - Niggle
    Lam Slakroth, Lineperson - Naked
    Little Nicky, Lineperson - Wrestle
    Biggest Jim, Lineperson - Naked
    Mike H*nt, Lineperson - Block, Dodge, Side Step, Kick

4 RRs, 10 FF, Apoth, no Coaches or Cheers. 60k in the box.

TV: 20-something

Red Rockets are finally qualified for the play-offs, in their third A-tier season. Here's hoping that I will have a benificial match-up in the semis, the other teams in the play-offs are not yet decided, I know for a fact that I am safe, along with the reigning champion Skaven team that I faced week one, but the other two slots are undecided, it can be either another Skaven team (week three opponent), another Wood Elf team (last week's opponet) or Norse (week four opponent). I am hoping that I will not face Norse in the semis, I always have trouble with his team. :powdodge:

EDIT: Also, celebrating the victory with some stats:

Games played: 36
    Games won (including both auto and non-auto W/Os): 21
    Touchdowns scored: 80
    Touchdowns surrendered: 47
    Casualties scored: 37
    Casualties sustained: 63

So that's an average of 2,22 TDs scored each game, and 1,75 Casualties sustained each game. Not too shabby, considering the papier-mâché armour of the Red Rockets. :)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  16. Purgatory

Purgatory Member

Country Flag:
    In the semi-finals, the Red Rockets are paired up against the reigning champion Skaven team that I won against in week one. The match is due to be played later this week.

If I win I am up against Norse in the finals, they just won against the other Skaven team in their semis 2-1. The most notable thing that happened during the game was that the Tupac, our league's top CAS inflicter charged at Klas Almråtta, the MA10, Sprint, Sure Feet, Block, Side Step Gutter Runner at the end of the match. It should be noted that this player is by far this coach's favorite of all the rats, and most of his offensive plays revolve around him.

Klas Almråtta, however, was no match to the Mighty Blow, Piling On, Tackle Blitzer who promptly killed the rat. The apothecary offered another Dead! result in exchange, and that closes the chapter on that Skaven team's one-round score for a while. Not that it mattered this season, since he is out of the play-offs, but there is always next season.

In my own match, I will receive enough inducements to get something along the lines of Wizard, Apoth, Babe. No star players are allowed for the play-offs, so no awesome Eldril this time. It's a shame, he's been a large part of my success this season :D

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  17. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Got the idea to compare stats with my TT team. :p

17 games, 10 won ~same percentage
    40 scored, 26 taken ~same too (slightly more TD:s surrendered for me)
    Casualties for 16, against 63? I make slightly fewer casualties, and take slightly more than twice as many.

Averages 2.4 TD scored, 1.5 TD taken, 0.9 Cas made, 3.7 Cas taken. I've also taken 0.5 kills per game. :rolleyes:

Good luck against the Skavens - I've never even heard of a Skaven team so powerful that they'd hand out 300k inducements to an experienced elf team. ;)

18. Purgatory

Purgatory Member

Country Flag:
    Thanks. His team is also extremely well-developed, his Gutter Runners are works of art (both modelling/painting and development wise). One of them is a classic MA10, Sprint, Sure Feet, Block, Side Step rat - the league's only Legend now, and the three others have all rolled +AG during their development. He has in excess of 2400 TV right now, and he's discussing buying a Wizard for our game, so I guess I'll get my Wiz, Wandering Apoth, Babes and then use any extras for Bribes.

EDIT: Also, I forgot - Our league keeps a season-based Hall of Fame where we record the league's top Passer, top CAS inflicter etc. and Samson Biceps, my second Wardancer, was this leagues MVP-hog. This means that post-season, pre-play offs, he gets another MVP, which put him on 33 SPPs. I rolled the level yesterday, got 6+4 and took the +MA. I find that my MA9 Catcher is great most of the time, and despite not having Sprint, I expect great things from the now faster Wardancer :)

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  19. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Neat. :D

All our league awards for "best" is either an icon and 10k gold, or just an icon, because everything else would be "unbalancing". You can get one MVP once to a random player for having the entire team painted, but that's all. :rolleyes:

I rolled a +MV on a catcher last levelup - only that was on a catcher that already had -MV, so I didn't feel like taking it..:eek:

20. Purgatory

Purgatory Member

Country Flag:
    I just came home from the semi finals, and it's a close loss. The dice were pretty fair on both sides, but the Kick-Off table was very mean to me. He rolled Perfect Defense and Blitz!, which forced me to use my Wizard in my own drive, and I rolled Quicksnap, Quicksnap, Changing Weather.

I induced Wizard, an Apoth, a Babe and a Bribe which left 20k for candy for the fans. As is custom in our games, I don't recall the large picture, but here are the highlights:

* I failed to score in my own drive since he got a Perfect Defense which forced me to risk a Pass and he caught the Interception. Very frustrating, and there was no time left for either of us to mount a proper offense in the turns remaining.

* He CAS:ed my Diving Tackle Catcher with a Niggling, and broke his armour for life, but the Apoth cured it to MNG. He also CAS:ed my +MA Wardancer who will have to live with a Niggling from now on.

* I killed his Rat Ogre in the last turn of the match, with my Tree. I really only wanted the SPP, since he had already caused one against a Linerat and that put my Tree on 30. His doc made it MNG instead, which means that he will either have to fire the Rat Ogre (three levels) or play the finals against Norse without the muscle.

* I rolled awesomely post-game. Our league awards double MVPs during the play-offs and I managed to land both of mine on the same Catcher, who got his second level. I rolled doubles for both of my Catchers and couldn't pass on the Guard, despite both of them having Wrestle instead of Block. Mobile Guard pieces are awesome, after all.

Final Score: 1-2 (3-2 CAS)

Here is my team post-season, and I will be staying with the Rockets for the next season as well. I promised the DE player who is now playing Humans that if he qualified for the A-tier, I'd stay too, since our games are always brilliant. He did win against Khemri, so I have to stay, not that I really want to part with the team right now anyway :)

Wardancer - Strip Ball, Side Step, Jump Up, Tackle, Mighty Blow
    Wardancer - Side Step, Tackle, +MA, Niggling Injury

Catcher - Block, Side Step
    Catcher - Block, Side Step, +MA, Diving Tackle, Niggling Injury
    Catcher - Wrestle, Dauntless, Tackle, Leap, Guard
    Catcher - Wrestle, Guard

Thrower - Naked (still 4 SPP:s -_-)

Tree - Grab, Guard, Mutliple Block

Lino - Naked
    Lino - Niggling Injury
    Lino - Wrestle
    Lino - Naked
    Lino - Block, Dodge, Side Step, Kick

10 FF, 4 RRs, Apoth, no Coaches/Cheers

TV: 2140

I'm pondering sacking the tree, but I only have 60k in the bank. I might do it if I can get enough spare cash next season. I also want to get rid of the Niggle Lino, but I like having a 13th player.