1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reikland Rising! [Fluff S18]

Discussion in 'Big Crunch 2' started by Sataric, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Sataric

Sataric Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    Greetings and salutations!

I summon the following coaches and teams to answer the call to arms:

@Wrekd - Coaching Orcs by the name Chaqua Greenies.
    @EvilSmoothie - Coaching Khemri by the name We Roll Skulls.
    @doohickey - Coaching Bretonnians by the name The BEATles.
    @VulpesInculta - Coaching Dark Elves by the name Mobtown Rayvens.
    @Veggente85 - Coaching Amazons by the name Miragliano Goddesses.
    @L-Kid - Coaching High Elves by the name The Galactic Elfpire.
    @Cosi - Coaching Chaos (Goats!) by the name Superfluous Beastmen.
    @CherryCrush - Coaching Vampires by the name Blood Drive Divers.
    @TomSchnizz - Coaching Dark Elves by the name Nippon Punch.
    @Ernedar - Coaching Necromantics by the name Circus Flying Scooters.

Really talented coaches in this division this season, but that is at it should be! You are, after all, fighting for a spot to walk up the legendary staircase to AltDwarf, the top division, and to have a chance to win the championship next season. No pressure or anything!

The purpose of this thread is for you to have healthy banter between each other, and to talk smack about TomSchnizz. I will also post my predictions here.

In fact, I will do them right away - But please keep in mind that this is just my uneducated guesses and that even if I put you further down the list than you'd like, that should only motivate you to prove me wrong!

PREDICTIONS:

1. Veggente.
    Is there a lot of Tackle in this division? Yes. Should the Amazons come out on top, statisically speaking? No. But it's Veggente. :p I bet on him!

2. L-Kid.
    His team is in fantastic shape, expect that it looks that he's lost a Blitzer recently. That's not really going to slow him down too much though with all those fantastic players on the roster. This is the elf dream-team!

3. Wrekd.
    There's quite a lot of agile opponents in this division, but these Orcs are well-equipped to deal with them, having a lot of Tackle, not to mention an experienced ball-handler and an absolutely uncontested amount of Guard.

4. EvilSmoothie.
    These good ol' Khemri has some fantastic players on their roster, but have also taken some harsh losses over the previous seasons. That said, this should be a good division for them, considering the somewhat low amount of claw and harsh fouling teams. Just watch out for those boots!

5. VulpesInculta.
    His team has taken some losses as well, but with a lower TV than most opponents around here he may be able to squeeze out quite a few Wizard inducements, and his team is well-equipped to maximize on such 'sorcerous opportunities'.

6. CherryCrush.
    This is a very balanced Vampire team. Fewer stat-ups than you'd like on a team like this, but with multiple vamps close to reaching their next level up that could change after just a game or two. They also have a very large roster of Thralls which should help significantly with running out of food during battle.

7. Cosi.
    I am a huge fan of Goat teams, especially those that hire and then frequently use the Minotaur's prowess. I think these guys are the dark horse of this division, and that they could finish at just about any spot, but I've put them seventh simply because they have fewer skills than most of their opponents due to being a newer team.

8. Ernedar.
    This team could use a bit more Guard, and they need a new Dirty Player zombie in my opinion, but they've got an amazing Wolf to lead the charges and 'make the plays'. In a division with a larger number of slow-moving teams I'd have placed them much higher, but there's a rather large amount of speedy-cats around here!

9. TomSchnizz.
    Tom's a great coach, and he could surprise me and go very far up the leaderboard this season, but his team is in somewhat of a weakened state right now and he'll likely be fielding a lot of Loners for the first couple of games. He does have 160k in the bank though so he could hire some more fellas to help him push for the win. Overall a very solid start to a great Elf team but still underdeveloped compared to many of his enemies around here!

10. Doohickey.
    Although this man is a legend, and his coaching skills are undoubtedly incredible, his team looks quite ill-equipped to deal with multiple Elf teams, and at the same time he's 'outguarded' by the Amazons and the Orcs. In short; Only one Tackle against teams with endless arrays of Blodge, and yet due to being a hybrid team they don't really have any great ace-in-the-hole's to play. Could be a tricky season!

TICKET STATUS:

All tickets have been sent in-game. Special thanks to my fellow Admin @EvilSmoothie for helping me out with this! You are a gentleman and a scholar!

All you coaches have to do now is to go accept them. :cool: Cheers, and please do have a great season!

Wrekd, L-Kid and TomSchnizz like this.
  2. Ernedar

Ernedar Member

Steam Username:
    ernedar
    Cyanide Username:
    Ernedar
    Country Flag:
    Dirty player is not gonna happen. I can tell you that. This team never had one.

3. Sataric

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    Eight out of ten players have accepted their tickets by now. We're waiting for @VulpesInculta and @Ernedar to be fully ready to launch. We can kick-off early once all of you are in! :cool:

4. Cosi

Cosi Member

Steam Username:
    JCosi
    Cyanide Username:
    Cosi
    Country Flag:
    I think even 7th might be generous, I've over performed in my first 2 seasons (i'm still a pretty bad coach!) and my team isn't ready for Tier 2, i barely have any skills yet. I will be very proud just to survive relegation.

Sataric likes this.
  5. doohickey

doohickey Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    This was supposed to be a rebuilding season but now I am still stuck here, guess I'll have to rebuild on the fly!

6. Sataric

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    Honestly, you don't make it to Tier 2 particularly easily against the coaches that play in this competition without having some talent. :D I think you are being too hard on yourself! I do fully agree that you need to earn more skills though, but at least you've got a really strong start and your team isn't plagued by injuries all over the place. Best of luck!

Afraid so, mate. At least there's quite a low number of "I'm going to completely and utterly end your team" opponents in this division considering it's Tier 2, and you may actually be able to complete the rebuilding goal with a bit of luck on your side! Now go boop EvilSmoothie on the nose! :p (I recommend a ton of fouling.)

7. doohickey

doohickey Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    The problem is I can only afford one bench player, and my dp died last game so gonna have to hope the ref turns a blind eye!

8. EvilSmoothie

EvilSmoothie Active Member

Steam Username:
    EvilSmoothie
    Country Flag:
    Worry not, I have that covered!