1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Request: Agility team tactics

Discussion in 'Site News, Bug Reports and Questions' started by Heklin, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Heklin

Heklin New Member

Country Flag:
    Ive looked around a bit and it is fairly easy to get strats for basher teams. But not so easy to get strats for Agility teams that rely on running and passing. Especially im curious how other players take on a bashing team.

I understand that you can tie their tough guys up with tackle zones, and try to run past forming a cage,, but surely there are some tricks im missing.

Thanks.

2. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    I suggest reading the 2-1 Grind article and think about it from a counter point of view until I cover it more specifically.

A lot of games against a good coach though will mean playing a caging game with the agility team as well when you receive. Rather than trying to hit through the opposition though you use your manoeuvrability to get past / around them. Since you asked so nicely though I'll see about getting something written up in due course.

3. maxcarrion

maxcarrion Active Member

Country Flag:
    The cage breaking article covers a lot of defence tactics for agility teams, like the wall and the side step. A lot of advice works much better for some teams than others though, I think (although some disagree) that Dark Elf and Skaven, probably the main agility running teams, play very differently with Skaven I lean towards pushing forward just a small distance then opening a hole and using the immense GR speed to score from barely past their LOS while DE I tend towards feints and hit and run, short passes and hand offs leaving all but the fastest team badly out of position and then smash open a weak point and walk it in. Both teams also have the constant threat of a passing play looming over their opponents forcing them to spread out and cover the whole field not just the ball carrier. Like all teams some things are important to remember, like when not to score and prioritising the moves based on risk and importance