1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Norse rookie norse coach needs help

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by pupkinus, Mar 22, 2013.

1. pupkinus

pupkinus Member

Country Flag:
    Thanks for advice Kjelstad!

yeah! screw the ball :) I fear I am playing too much like an elf and suffer because of it. Still can't get to grips with the "glass cannon nature" of the Norse team :(

2. pupkinus

pupkinus Member

Country Flag:
    Neeed help and advice for the next match

That is how my team looks like. After the battering I've received in the last several games I decided to buy myslef a Snow Troll (his name is Lenin :) ), he will act as a "can opener" against the AV9. Also one of the linemen got a +1Str!

[​IMG]

My opponent is a ChoD side:

[​IMG]

My gameplan is to remove his only player capable of ballhandling. he has only 2 hobgobos, one is ag 2 and one is ag 4. I think I'll ignore the ball and just go and try to kill him. Then it will be like playing against a Khemri side but without the TGs :) Is my plan a good plan?

3. Limdood

Limdood Well-Known Member

Near Chicago, Illinois - in the United States of A
    Country Flag:
    you're going to kill a chaos dwarf side that is better armored, equally skilled, and outnumbers you by 2 players?

good luck!

i'd suggest the opposite. Induce a bribe (or a wizard if you can drop any TV) and hit that hob ballhandler, and FOCUS on the ball instead of the players.

You certainly don't have the bash advantage in this game. Time to play like humans and adapt to the relative strengths of the team.

remember, he can still pick up te ball 75% of the time with any of his players with a reroll. In my last game vs. Dark elves, the whole game had rain, and i never flubbed a pickup....the dice can go his way.

4. pupkinus

pupkinus Member

Country Flag:
    I think I was misunderstood. I need to write in a clearer manner :(

I meant that I would try to kill his sole ballhandler, not try to outbash him :)
    Anyway. The game has been played. It can be seen in the BBM: [FL]Sh'elf S14 , match: Ale Munchers vs Karak al Killers

The result is a draw 1:1
    The gameplan worked partially. I managed to sack his ballcarier and the 4Ag hobgobo injured himself dodging :) Also, I managed to stall and score a defensive TD on turn 8. the problem is that my injuries were BH's. His injuries were KOs and they all came back.
    Then, being outnumbered, I almost got depitched, although I think I managed a respectable result:
    with three turns left to go he had no rerolls left and only Ag2 players left. He still managed to pick up the ball and score.

Could anyone take the look at the replay and point my mistakes? please? thank you!