1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S9 Match Reports MD2

Discussion in 'Big Crunch 2' started by Sataric, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    Nordland Division The Great Zardulus 0 : 2 Moon Shiners

A Norse vs Skaven match up with the Norse giving up 140 TV and having 12 players to the rats 13. However my Norse have played a lot more games and are more developed. Norse vs Rats mach ups generally end up with a load of damaged rats and the Norse winning, or occasionally the rats running rings round me whilst I curse my armour dice. It was one of the former.

Rats won the toss and chose to receive, my 2nd block thrown on the LOS was a double skull, rerolled into a dead line rat on T1. My Str 5 ball carrier with sure hands then muffed the 3 plus pick up and the rats started flooding through. They could get to my carrier, but a Str 2 gutter vs a Str 5 is kind of difficult to actually get the ball loose, so as expected they went for a lightning bolt. Rolled a 1 though and that kind of ended their chances to steal the ball and win. My Norse plodded downfield, inflicting a Niggle on a gutter (apo'd from death) and causing a few more cas and KO on the way, Skaven had a linerat sent off for fouling. I scored my T8 and rats had 8 players for the 1ttd.

What do you not want on a 1ttd attempt other than blitz or PD? Well rain. The heavens opened and after a SS Agi 5 gunner had been pushed 2 squares forward the pass was made, then came the hand off. It was a 3 plus due to the rain and my Yeti in the vicinity and rats could only roll a 2 so 1-0 to me at the half.

2nd half started and the very brief monsoon stopped, to be replaced by Sweltering Heat:). My killer did his job and Piled on the Str 4 Vermin, killing him, apo had already been used on the gutter. Rats made some dice and got the ball to the Agi 5 gutter, he was 1 square from the end zone then marked up by my Wrackle Ulf who was the only player that could get there. Next turn the 2 plus dodge out saw a 1, rerolled into 1. Ouch. I got the ball back and made my way upfield, by now there were few rats left and they wisely spend the last few turns lying down. I handed off to my Block Guard Ulf T16 for the 2-0 win.

GG @YsengrinSC you needed to get a couple of breaks and the dice at crucial moments did not go your way, 1's on the wizard and the dodge 2nd half very unfortunate for you. Hope your team bounce back.

Smeik likes this.
  2. TomSchnizz

TomSchnizz Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Tom Schnizz
    Cyanide Username:
    Le Bread masqué
    Country Flag:
    Nordland
    2-1 victory for Frank Intell's Fun Bunch over the Citrus Raiders.

Nuffle had a favorite in this one and decided to hurt a rotter with a rock to begin the game. He also gave an early ko on the str6 beast to prove his point.

My +agi wolf was in trouble more time that I can count but he somehow survived every hit.

The nurgles also got the worst of the injuries with a Dead killer goat and av busted rotter. For their troubles, the Bunch only lost a wrestle dp zombie for the next game.

Only new level up is block on the rookie ghoul.

Thanks for the game @OverLORDY, let's have a fair one next time we play.

3. doohickey

doohickey Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Nordland

The Blue Face Clan 2-0 Florence Fossils (@Korrova )

The Blue Face orcs cruised to another victory over the Necros coached by Korrova. Once again the orcs gave a way a bucketload of petty cash and for the second game in a row we saw a wizard and Wilhelm Chaney. The Fossils won the toss and chose to receive and managed to KO a lineorc on turn 1 by piling on to upgrade a stun. (Luckily for me this was the only time a PO resulted in anything more than a stun) The orcs responded with a KO of their own but things started to look iffy when the level 5 +ST blitzer was badly hurt. I considered apo'ing him but I felt like turn 2 against three claw players was too early to burn it. My fears were unfounded and although I suffered 20 armour breaks in the match that was the only casualty. (I took 5 KO's but they all returned as needed). In the next couple turns the orcs responded again, cas'ing a flesh golem (he did manage to regen) to even up the numbers at 9 each again.

At this point the necro drive had kinda stalled at the midway line and with a dodge I was able to get a two die on the carrier and sack him. I managed to recover the ball and ran down the field to score on T6, not risking the stall as I was outnumbered due to the necros speed as well as the threat of a lightning bolt. This left the Fossils with 2 turns to even it up. They pushed down one side and had a wolf + Chaney in scoring range, but I was able to take down Chaney and put a number of SF players in the way with some GFI's. Korrova decided the time was right to lightning bolt down my lone SF blitzer guarding the far sideline so his wolf had a straight shot to score just needing 2 GFI's to score. The necros took some blocks but rolled :skull::skull: somewhere along the way, eating his reroll. The wolf then failed the first GFI to send it to the half at 1-0 for the Orcs.

The second half was much more straight forward as I just ground down the field, racking up a few cas and KO's until I ran it in on T16.

Thanks for the game Korrova, your injury dice were not doing you any favours or that game could have gone much differently!
    Gl with the rest of the season!

4. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    The Slann get by some Dwarves (god i hate not having any skills....) with a ton of leaping and some decent D.

1-0

Their stupid coach wasted their earnings on the journeyman however...:rolleyes:

gg @Hazbot

5. Smeik

Smeik Active Member

Country Flag:
    Nuln
    Vernim Vendetta (Skaven) vs. @Kubusta 's Czech Beer Dwarves (Dorfs) 2-1

The Dwarves had induced a wizard and chose to receive.
    I played quite aggressively from the start and so soon succeeded in sacking the Dwarven BC and scored on turn 4. Near the end of the first half I got close to a 2-0 lead, after the Dwarven Runner had rolled snake eyes in an attempt to dodge free from my GR. But of course nuffle made me too roll snake eyes in the following hand off attempt, that would have given me the lead. So it went 1-0 after first half. Until then I also was quite lucky with my armour rolls and had only lost a journeymen LR.
    At the begin of the second half, the Dwarves - after having lost a TS to a rock thrown by the home crowd - tried more to hurt my players than to hinder them scoring, so at Turn 10 it was 2-0 for the rats.
    The kick went off the pitch, giving the dwarves a good start. Another attempt to sack the dwarven BC failed - two 2D Rolls without a BD/DD. Next turn, I rolled another snake eyes in a dodge attempt, so the Dwarves could have pretty much walked the TD in at Turn 12.
    Four Turns to go and a wizard made it all but impossible for them to reach the draw. But they surprised me by choosing to stall and going beserk on the pitch instead. This resulted in both my ST4 SV and my AG 5 GR missing next game. Before that I also lost a Rookie GR to a failed dodge attempt.
    GG @Kubusta, though I still think, you should have went for the early TD.

6. Kubusta

Kubusta Member

Steam Username:
    steamcommunity.com/id/kubusta
    Cyanide Username:
    Kubusta
    Country Flag:
    Nicely written @Smeik , it is good to see your point!
    Generally I agree what's been said, from my perspective I was unlucky for injuries - having 3 MB pieces and as said - removing only one loner from the pitch in the first half during my attack.
    I think I underestimated a threat from agi 5 GR / 2x Dauntless GRs which cost me a ball during my own attack. It was, however, very hard to defend against agi 5 GR who could pickup the ball anytime he wanted and the sad thing was as well that my Blodge runner got POWed first hit..
    My opponent played very well, his crazy (I WANNA KILL HIM) storm vermin + str blodge claw mb was a real threat and I was afraid of each blitz of his.
    I really hoped for more removals during my attack but Nuffle didn't give me these..In the second half after being 0-2 I lost hope of managing to draw so I wanted to score at least once to lvl up my blodger and to get some SPPs to my warriors, since my team is far behind compared to others in this group. That is why I didn't push so hard for trying to draw because I was nearly sure that I would not be able to score during your attack and having just 3 turns.
    Anyway, thanks a lot for the game, it was nice to meet you :)

Smeik likes this.
  7. Deithwen

Deithwen Active Member

Steam Username:
    Deithwen
    Cyanide Username:
    Deithwen
    Country Flag:
    In Ostland @Stringer Bell's Chaos triumphs over my Khemri 2:1
    It was very frustrating when I couldn't get a push to surf a ball carrier twice in the first half, and in the second, even though most of the time luck was not with my opponent he managed a pretty difficult turn 16 play
    (sack, and then 3+ 4+ 3+) to secure the win.
    Good luck for the rest of the season!

Stringer Bell likes this.
  8. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Active Member

Steam Username:
    Stringer Bell
    Country Flag:
    My match with @Deithwen certainly deserves a report. It might be a long one, and I know probably nobody but me and him will read it, but so be it.

We played each other in a lower division last season his Khemri team, "Roll Like An Egyptian", certainly taught me what it means to... roll like an Egyptian. Ugliest game of the season for me, got smoked, and now was out for revenge in our new division.

I was up 260k in TV, but had 170k in the bank, and you'd better believe I was gonna get me that wizard, and take no chances. He also grabbed a wizard and a chainsaw, and off we went.

I received first half, and despite hammering away with claws and mighty blows against AV7, could not remove any players. The Khemris were well-positioned and managed to herd me towards a sideline to avoid all that ST5, and with a couple turns left in the half, a clever chain-push sequence almost sent my star player and ball carrier, Jaime Lannister, a 6MV, 4AG, dodge Chaos Warrior, off the pitch. Fortunately he got a reprieve from the double both-downs, but my opponent finished that turn by smoking his ass with a lightning bolt.

On my turn 7, I have to make a 2D blitz to a clear path and run the blitzer into the endzone, make a 2+ pickup with ol' Jaime, and then a 3+ pass and 3+ catch with reroll to salvage the half for me. Of course Jaime boots the 2+ pickup so I spend the reroll, then promptly blows the 3+ pass while standing along the sidelines. The ball bounces right into the endzone at about the middle of the pitch, with all my guys trapped along the side. The Khemri then surf Jaime off for a KO (which he deserved, the bum), and ran back with their one free throw-ra to pick up the ball in the endzone. Fortunately that left just enough of a window for some heroics from Tyrion Lannister, the lowly beastman who was waiting for Jaime's TD pass on the last turn, to run over for the 2D blitz, get the knockdown, and make the GFI and the pickup for the turn 8 TD.

Jaime even woke up from the KO, and I felt lucky after all that mess and complete lack of armor luck to be starting the second half 1-0, with a full team. Or so I thought.

On the second half kickoff, my lone mighty blow player, Joffrey Baratheon, gets knocked out by a rock. And then a second beastman gets knocked out by the Khemri attack, putting me down two players. I go aggressive, hoping to force a tough spot for my agility-challenged opponents, and take advantage with a lightning bolt and let Jaime swoop in. But to my surprise, the Khemri line up in a fairly loose and vulnerable position, possibly due to fear of a fireball, and Jaime makes a simple 2+ dodge to get a free 2D shot at the ball carrier. He gets the knock down, and now just needs a 3+ dodge (with built-in reroll) to go grab the ball, but he flubs the dodge and falls down. Still, feeling ok about my situation at this point.

Khemri recovers quickly, KOs another warrior, and grabs the ball and runs forward. But its still a bit vulnerable due to all the chaos (pun intended) of the previous turn. I position everyone and lock down most of his players, and then make a 3+ dodge out to get another 2D blitz on the ball carrier. Everything is looking good until the beastman fails the GFI, and the reroll, right in the face of the ball carrier. Now I'm in trouble.

Another beastman gets injured. I still have yet to remove any of these supposedly squishy AV7 skeletons, and the frustration is setting in. The ball carrier is deep in my territory now, and it looks like my only chance is the trusty wizard. He stuns the carrier with a lightning bolt, and now all I need is a 3+ and a 2+ dodge from Jaime (who has dodge, remember) and two GFIs, which will allow me a 2D blitz on a mummy to free up two beastmen to take control of the ball. Of course Jaime blows his dodge skill on the 3+, then fails the 2+ dodge to use up the reroll, then fails the GFI to end my turn.

Now the Khemri have picked up the ball with a skeleton and are within two squares of the endzone. My last hope is to dodge out with my wrestle beastman and get a 2D block on the carrier. I have no rerolls at this point, but to my surprise, the beastman pulls off the dodge... only to double-push the skeleton fruitlessly toward the endzone. My turn ends with Jaime failing yet another 3+ dodge.

At this point, I have 3 KOs and 2 injuries, and the Khemri still have a full team and players to spare. Perhaps spurred on by this player advantage, and my zero rerolls, they go for the win instead of the tie, scoring on their turn 14. Honourable, but perhaps tempting fate a little too much...

I get two KOs back, and receive the ball only two players short, and even got a new reroll on the kickoff event. Finally get my first KO/injury of the game with a block on the line of scrimmage, and set up a scoring threat up the right wing and a couple players hanging out to keep him honest on the left side as well. Things are looking up. The ball is in Jaime's disappointingly unsteady hands, but I figure the stats have to even out at some point right? Surely he's due for a decent stretch here, to save the game for me.

On my turn 15, the Khemri have almost completely committed to the scoring threats on the right side. A couple 2D blocks to free things up on the left, and suddenly I have two beastmen in scoring range with no real threats against them on that side of the field. Now all I need is for Jaime, he of the 4AG and dodge skill, to finally, please, make one simple 2+ dodge to get himself into scoring range, and this game is basically all locked up. You can probably guess what happens next.

Jaime double-ones the dodge, and injures himself in the process. The ball lands right next to a mummy at mid-field on the line of scrimmage, and a throw-ra swoops in to pick it up on their turn 16. My only three players in range are: Two beastmen who are up in scoring range on the left side, one of whom is marked, and a warrior who is a few spaces from the ball, unmarked. I take the unmarked beastman down for the blitz, and he pulls it off. Gets the knockdown, wisely fails the catch when the ball bounces right to him, and even gets a good bounce into space for the warrior. The warrior, none other than the team's sort-of-namesake himself, Petyr Baelish, makes the pickup, but burns my reroll in the process. He runs up to my last hope - the marked Robert Baratheon, who miraculously makes the 4+ catch, and the 3+ dodge, to lumber in for the game-winning score.

"Rollercoaster" doesnt begin to describe it. I've had much crazier touchdowns both for and against in my BB career, and much better and much worse luck in games than what I saw for both teams here, but given the context, not only of this game but of our previous match, and given the repeated and brutal failures of my supposed star player, and given the soul-crushing 1/36 chance that took me from sure victory to almost sure defeat on turn 15, it was quite a sight to see ol' King Robert rumble across that goalline in the end.

GG @Deithwen . Still would love you to teach me how to armor roll like an Egyptian, but happy to have my revenge at last. Very well played on your part. Good luck going forward, at least until our next meeting

EDIT: Forgot to add the cherry on top: Jaime Lannister won the MVP. I would rather have had a dead journeyman win MVP in this one.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  9. Deithwen

Deithwen Active Member

Steam Username:
    Deithwen
    Cyanide Username:
    Deithwen
    Country Flag:
    Yeah, an interesting match, you probably deserved the win, but damn, that surfing play failing tilted me.