1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

- Scooby Doo, where are you? - I'm playing Blood Bowl.

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by Hoverdog, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Hoverdog

Hoverdog Active Member

Country Flag:
    Decided to go Crunch with Necros in the end. I've only played a few matches with them, so it'll be a new experience. They seem to me one of those strange teams that can't really bash nor dodge. We'll see how it goes.

[​IMG]

Two matches played already. The first, against Mordaed's High Elves, resulted in a typically-grindy 2-1 result. Second was against Sudonym's darkies, and due to my bad plays and worse dice (Scooby, dodge plz), it ended up in a 1-1 draw.

2. Lebe666

Lebe666 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    They are a bit like humans... bash if your stronger (get Guard a lot) or run if they are stronger and slower ! :cool:

Problem is getting thru these first games until your Flesh Golems get Block... Wolves Blodge... etc...

3. Tad30s

Tad30s Member

Country Flag:
    Don't forget DP zombies.
    NEVER forget DP zombies.

4. Hoverdog

Hoverdog Active Member

Country Flag:
    Got out-played and out-diced by Tjorne. I went too bashy against Chaos, and it, amazingly, didn't pay off. Dodges were as bad as always (though Scrappy was the biggest offender today, failing his rerolled dodge twice and injuring himself), and my armor breaks sucked big time.

MVP on a zombie, hurray!

5. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    The big question is: what are you going to call the second wolf? I thought that Scrappy Doo would be the perfect name for Scooby's partner, but you gave that name to a ghoul!?? :confused:

It's a great theme, but I probably would have named the ghouls after villains from the series or just simply Hanna and Barbera! :)

6. Hoverdog

Hoverdog Active Member

Country Flag:
    [​IMG]

:p

yeah, I was going to name the ghoul Vincent Van Ghoul (one of the villains). With ghouls being squishy as they are, it won't be too long before replacements come :rolleyes:

7. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    I just looked him up - Scooby Dum right? I think he only appeared in 4 episodes...

Scrappy was a much bigger character... :(

Oh, well. It's your team! :p

8. Hoverdog

Hoverdog Active Member

Country Flag:
    Frankly, I don't like Scrappy :p

9. Phunbaba

Phunbaba Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Phunbaba
    Country Flag:
    Many didn't. Which is why I kinda hope you keep him around until he ends up dead. Even if his stats are 1/1/1/1 with 5 niggles by then.

10. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    Quoted for truth. That puppy had a one-way ticket to the vet coming.

11. Hoverdog

Hoverdog Active Member

Country Flag:
    I get the message. I'm ordering him a nice, comfy coffin (and a parcel of land for his grave) as we speak.

12. hungrygnome

hungrygnome Member

Country Flag:
    Yeah, Necromantic are Bash Light, with a side of speed. Its just they have very specific pieces that bash well. The flesh Golems make amazing road blocks, especially if they get a double and get dodge. the wolfs tend to become primary ball carriers, and blitzers all in one. Just remember, if youre based with someone 3 squares away from a sideline, thats just a push result, followed by a wolf blitz to go bye bye.

13. Hoverdog

Hoverdog Active Member

Country Flag:
    Another great effort by yours truly.

First, a blitz when the ball landed just off field so it was useless. Then a blitz against when I did not set my defenses against it correctly. All coupled with absolutely amazing rolls (2d6 discrepancy: 28 againt Scoobies - FIVE armor breaks all). 0-2 to Lebe.

NUFFLE Y U DO DIS 2 ME

14. Lebe666

Lebe666 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    You put nuffle in the team name... :rolleyes:

PS: You didn't get a zombie for dead CW ?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  15. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    I don't think you get zombies for str 4 or stuntys. Seems Scooby Doo is a bit cursed by nuffle after our match too. Catch me online next time I'll bust out my gobs and we'll find out just how cursed they really are..

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  16. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    ST 4 is fine. You don't get zombies from ST 5+ players, stunties or players with regeneration.