1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Season 10 MD 4 Results

Discussion in 'Big Crunch 2' started by Azura, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Azura

Azura Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ibispi
    Country Flag:
    @Hordemaster's Eternal Divine Light 0:1 Santa of the Big Crunch

[​IMG]

It was an intense game, @Hordemaster played well, except his excessive attempts at fouling Santa, which ended up with his player getting sent off. Even though I won, there were at least 3 moments during the game where @Hordemaster either had a very high chance to win the game, score or make it a draw.
    The second-last turn of the game involved me having to do two 3+ dodges WITHOUT A REROLL plus a 1 die block without block in order to stop his player from doing a TD and fortunately Nuffle was on my side - but it wasn't so much a one sided game.
    It was definitely a tough challenge, well played @Hordemaster. May Nuffle bless your future games and may we play again some day.

Ilgoth and Regor like this.
  2. Keraunograf

Keraunograf Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Keraunograf
    Cyanide Username:
    Manticoran
    Country Flag:
    Hopak Hoppers 2-1 against the Oak-Land Raidahs in a fairly standard 2-1 grind. There were a couple risky situations that I could have managed better, I forgot quite how far MV8 was on a couple circumstances.

I chose to receive, and the entire first half was a strict grind, where I managed to injure 2, with 1 KO'd in response. A particularly nice move on my turn 7 allowed me to knock the side step ST4 Blitzer into the crowd, which killed him. Fortunately for the elves, the Apoth managed to save him. On turn 8, the elven 1TDD almost made it, but failed on the dodge into 2 tackle zones.

Second half, the Elves blitzed down the left side of my pitch, ending within walking distance of the end zone on the first turn with their ST4 elf holding the ball. I marked a few players, but left 4-5 open to see if I could grab the ball and get it out after the attempted strip, but my ball stripper rolled a 1 on his leap blowing my reroll for the turn, and then rolled a skull on one of the two dice. The elves tried a few blocks, but decided it was too risky to try and delay, and just scored.

The remainder of the match was a fairly standard grind, with the Bear and the Blitzers forcing the elves to engage or risk diving tackle/prehensile tails as much as possible. I was often managing both Mighty Blows to hit in a turn, and the slow lessening of players made me overconfident. A MV8 blitz onto my ball carrier managed to roll a POW, and while my AG4 player tried to pick it up in 2 tackle zones, it failed, and the nearby Nerves of Steel elf immediately grabbed it.

Fortunately, the elves forgot about the stupidity of AG4+Long Legs meaning that I had a 50% intercept chance, and decided to try to take the -2 die block with a blitz to get out of danger, as they were marked by Diving Tackle and had no dodges out that weren't into a tackle zone. There was a skull, and it went real bad.

From there, it was a pretty straight forward run into the end zone for the 2-1 on turn 16.

Swuul likes this.
  3. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    [​IMG]

Game between me and @Jack - the amount of inducements I was gonna face was awful. You just dont want to see that happening as a human team. 610k in inducements meant a wizard, chef, wandering apotecharies and a babe.

For first half, chef did not make any changes with the RRs. Both of us had 3.

Started in defense, T1 my Ogre was gunned down into -MA that I decided to Apo into MNG. I went for aggressive ball suppression - hoping to sack as fast as possible. High risk, high reward and I got the risk. Chorfs made through that effort, and it started to seem like their touchdown was inevitable. Did not give up, moved few of my pieces bit by bit, trailing the ball and his protectors. Now my guys were subject to awful injuries... The Bull used his speed to get away, and set himself alone three spaces away from my endzone. All I could do was move catcher next to him, and use my thrower to tie 2x loner hobgoblins who were most close to the bull. Sneaking his way to set up for sack, Benjen moved closer from LoS... Chorfs decided to try blocking my thrower, result being :bothdown::skull: and Loner roll failed. This meant one thing, make two 2D blocks and now Benjen had clear line for one GFI sack. GFI failed, but RR rescued and sack took place. Catcher snapped the ball and it was time to run with the ball. I had three turns left, and managed to make it happen even though I made a severe mistake on my T7 (basically moved my blitzer out of the way for Mino to sack. you know, I am a nice guy:rolleyes:).

Second half, chef delivers and I have no RRs while Chorfs have 6.

I wanted to bait the wizard early on and be done with it, so I set myself into rushing TD - goal to score on T10. Thrower caught the bouncing ball from the kick, and it was showtime. Some blocks, hand-off to Benjen who blitzed more room on the right sideline. Linemen and a catcher screening, no way to blitz Benjen without Mino taking bunch of dodges. o_O There came the fireball, knocking Benjen on the floor. Ball was free, Chorfs unable to get next to it. I recovered quickly, but only to see Mino sacking Benjen. For most of the half it was a brawl for the ball, which I was fine with and chat had their fun for demanding Benjen's death at every possible moment. Well you aint getting it. Man of AV100, fighting for 5 turns and then scoops up the ball and runs away to the left side of Chorf pitch. He gets marked by two hobos, but on the following turn he dodges out, blitzes one of them and runs close to scoring. There is still a chance for red die sack, but it never took place. Game ended 2-0 for me, and neither from the teams suffered big losses (excluding my MNG Ogre).

GG Jack! You got dealt rough dice here and there, some of them could have been avoided though. Dont let this rough season kill your enjoyment:powdodge:

Highlight players for Wardens:
    # Luwin Grayhoove (catcher); tied bull centaur for 4 turns to keep big boy out of the ball. Rewarded with a double skill, and I picked Guard due to the lack of it.
    # Vehlir Velaster (blitzer); brawled with mino for 5 turns which ended in a stun

Benjen leveled up. :rolleyes::p:p

Swuul likes this.
  4. Znarx

Znarx Courier Staff

Cyanide Username:
    Znarx
    Country Flag:
    Game-of-Thorns and Littlefinger's Ladder play to a 1-1 draw in the Game of Thrones-themed team matchup.

My team has been devstated the last three weeks. Level 5 War Dancer was strength busted two games ago, and now my level 3 WD gets niggled, and catcher gets MA break. 20K in bank, so I probably won't be able to buy another player until near the end of the season.

In the second half, I had some chances to get the ball and go up 2-1, but of course that fails. The Chaos had a chance to win on T16, with 3+2+2dblock4+4+3+, but fortunately had to reroll the pass and then failed the dodge to keep it 1-1.

I think there's a very high probability I will need to reroll this team after this season. I think it's likely I'm going to lose the rest of my matches this season with my current roster.

5. jrpeart

jrpeart Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    jrpeart
    Cyanide Username:
    jrpeart
    Country Flag:
    The laws of probability just broke down to allow Ogre and Ogre again a 1-0 win over @Crowdog09 and his chaos.

I rolled 50 bonehead dice, 3 of them came up 1, and I rerolled 2 of them. The Chaos armour was nonexistant, the ref was scared to do anything except pocket my bribe, and Nobbla was outstanding.
    I ended up earning 16 spp, all of it on Ogres and my Block dude got 10 all on his own (cas, td, and mvp) to level up.

Swuul, Crowdog09, helGn and 4 others like this.
  6. Orielensis

Orielensis Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    Great work even with nice dice mate

7. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    You went 1/50 on boneheads during our game, your boys are slipping

helGn likes this.
  8. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    Norse up and running in Altdwarf at the 4th attempt, managing a 2:1 win over @zectorman and his Chorfs.
    We won the toss and chose to receive despite the rain, no worries for my Agi 2 Sure Hands carrier. 3 players managed to withstand a Fireball and we ran it in T7 to score. Nothing doing for the Chaos Dwarves and 1-0 Norse at the half. They did lose a bull dead to a surf but the apo managed to MNG him.
    2nd half tragedy struck as My Wrackle BT Ulf died, apo could only smash his collarbone for a -1 Str so he died on the pitch, we will miss him. I made up for this by splitting the Chorf formation and managing to sack the ball, recovering and scoring my T12. This gave the chorfs 4 turns to score, I just let them get on with it, preferring to try and keep my players relatively safe. Ended 2:1, 4 cas suffered each side.
    3 deaths in 4 games now for me, matches played so far against Chaos, Necro, Orc, Chorf. Next up Orc, Chorf, Nurgle, Lizard. Altdwarf is a bit brutal for men in underpants:eek:. GG @zectorman , best of luck for the rest of the season.

Smeik likes this.
  9. Deithwen

Deithwen Active Member

Steam Username:
    Deithwen
    Cyanide Username:
    Deithwen
    Country Flag:
    Roll Like an Egyptian (me, Khemri) 0:1 The Real Wyrmwood (@Werebat, Nurgle)

That was perhaps the worst match for me in the whole time I've played Blood Bowl. I'm feeling pretty annoyed right now so I'll just write about a few points. -MA on a Guard Skeleton, no regen. Beast of Nurgle doing a 2 GFI blitz to tag the ball carrier, and then a Rotter suceeding a 6+ dodge to block my attempt of freeing the Thro-Ra, into a crucial Foul Appearance fail. All this on turn 8, when I was sure I had the TD in the bag.

Unassisted foul on a killer Blitz-Ra, the only player on the team with level higher than 3 - death, no regen. 4 players on the pitch by turn 12.

And of course, MVP on the broken Skelly.

I did make one mistake by blitzing when I shouldn't have, but generally I feel like I couldn't do anything this game.

Well, thank you for the game @Werebat, hope I won't have to suffer something like this ever again.

10. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    My dice is MD4 were decidedly average.
    By that I mean I rolled almost exactly the same number of every number/symbol apart from push that was the expected double the amount.
    My opponent however had great blocking dice but rolled lots of 1's on the D6.
    The TV was fairly similar with the rats getting a babe and we both had 11 players.

The rats chose to kick so I executed a fairly standard 3 turn TD and the rats followed that up with one of their own.
    That left me with 3 turns to take the lead into half time.
    On turn 8 they had done a reasonable job of boxing me in and my best option was a 2D blitz , a hand off to a catcher, a dodge and 2 gfi's to score with a reroll available.
    The blitz came up double skulls which ate the reroll and I then failed the dodge.
    That gave the rats a chance as they could dodge around my lines , pick up in a tackle zone , dodge away and long bomb.
    Luckily they failed the pick up so it was 1-1 at half time.

2nd half and the rats screened off the gutter carrying the ball and tried to blitz down my right flank. They did get the AG5 gutter runner down that side but I marked him up and my blitzer was close as well. With pressure on the ball the rats decided to go for the pass but I made the 5+ intercept and just ran forward and threw a quick pass to the catcher for the TD.
    On their next drive they went down my left and again I was getting close to the ballcarrier and the gutters downfield were marked. They went for a hand off instead of a pass this time but the AG5 runner was in 2 TZ's. He failed 3 attempts to catch the ball. The hand off , the reroll and the bounce back after one of my linemen failed their catch attempt. I was able to clear the rats away from the ball , pick it up and pass away. They failed their 6+ intercept attempt and I got my catcher screened. The rats then failed their dodge before they tried to blitz my screen so I could stall by the endzone for a turn before scoring on turn 16.

Final score 3-1 to the good guys.
    Also a blitzer is MNG from a failed dodge but other than that I only suffered 2 KO's.
    Only managed stuns myself in a remarkably bloodless game considering all the AV7 on show.

So average dice are better than Pow's and 1's.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
    Swuul, Ilgoth and helGn like this.
  11. helGn

helGn Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    helGn
    Country Flag:
    almost like they grew a brain, hu? :D

12. JaspersaurusRex

JaspersaurusRex Active Member

Steam Username:
    Tasteytaco
    Cyanide Username:
    Jaspersaurusrex
    Country Flag:
    Black Dynamite vs. Soul Music coached by helGn. Undead vs Necro in what would sure be a bloody bloody game with lasting implecations in the league, I can say one thing for sure, no one in the game won, and everyone not playing in it definitly did.

First half helgn took the kick off and 4 of my players were knocked down due to a riot and none of his. Things were going well when he blitzed my back line with his claw mb wolf and stunned a poor ghoul. This was my chance to remove the beast and i swarmed him with zombies and mummies, couldn't roll a pow though. He escaped with his life for now, and I went back to playing the ball. He tried a cheeky handoff with a reroll and it failed. 4 zombies put tackle zones on it and it was back to us trying to snipe each other's killers. With him failing to get it out, I had to make a decision, leave black dynamite a chance to be blitzed and pick up the ball... or play pixel hugger and tie down his wolf some more, i went for the win. I picked up and got into a 5 man cage. he took the opportunity to blitz the block dodge piling on mb juggs tackle wight, and rolled a push, frenzy, rolled a push, with 1 reroll left... he burnt it... got the pow.. and KILLED THE LEGEND. no regen.
    Seeing their leader go down was a shock to this team who had relied on him for 3.5 seasons and watched him accumulate 81 points in other players heads. most of the zombies on the team were recruited by him personally. This was indeed a sad day but the game goes on.

Seeing this transpire, the movement 4 block mummy put his killing pants on and started walking through the pitch wiping everything off the board, 2 dp zombies fell to him, as well as a guard wight -av.
    another ghoul went down to a zombie, - av.
    the team scored one for the gipper and received the kick off.

with 4 players out on helgns team including both wights and a ghoul and 2 zombies, the defense was gonnna be hard. the kick sailed out of bounds and the ball carrier took it as he was 2 points away from level.
    the mummies and zombies bashed thier way down field and put a 2nd score up turn 14. I tried one more shot at the killer wolf albert von dingdong but alas, nuffle had his back.
    Helgn pushed hard for a turn 15 score and the undead were fine giving it to him, just keeping their good players safe at this point. he scored turn 16 and kicked off.
    the ball again goes out of bounds and this time, I give it to the mummy with 30/31 spp. I clear the line, step back, roll out, and toss it to the catch ghoul.... reroll.. SUCCESS.

a sad day indeed as the boys drank one for their leader... a king of kings.. I think i'm gonna go drink several in his honor.

black dynamite II comes out to avenge his brother next week.

Swuul, Ravers, Ilgoth and 1 other person like this.
  13. Smeik

Smeik Active Member

Country Flag:
    Nordland
    My Vernim Vendetta (Mighty Skaven) vs. @Stu_Hoppy's Block 'n' Roll Ratz (Filthy dirty rats) 1-2
    Four matches, four losses... Was up 1-0 at half time and receiving in 2nd half but somwehow managed to lose the game anyway. Made some mistakes and dices were certainly not on my side either, but still... Rolling a one for money and the MVP going to a journeyrat made this a MD just perfect . Might finally be time to give my rats some rest after this season...
    GG @Stu_Hoppy and GL for the rest of the season.

14. Stu_Hoppy

Stu_Hoppy Active Member

Country Flag:
    The game still says unconfirmed, prob partly my fault as it disconnected on the stars screen so didn’t get the option to validate, can an admin approve :)

Hope your rats armour holds in next few games :)

Smeik likes this.
  15. helGn

helGn Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    helGn
    Country Flag:
    on it! Done it!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
    Smeik likes this.