1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Season 14 MD2 Results

Discussion in 'Big Crunch' started by Regor, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Regor

Regor Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Sounds like i played the first game in MD2!

Carnival of Nazgull 1 vs 1 Maiden Foxes (Tector).

With 850 TV adv, i guess the amazons feel that going to have a hard time, against 3 players with MB and one of them with PO.

Tector choose to go with Morg, The Stake Star Girl Player, 1extra Apo and one babe.

Amazons decide to start first, and dammmn... in 3 turns i was with 3 or 4 players less. With nice injurys rolls, fouls that take 5 turns to the referee spot a foul, i lost the battle in numerical terms. I had a 1 dice against the BC in turn 7 but the pow didn't show up. Amazons Score in turn 8.
    In first 8 turns i didn't hurt any single amazon.
    U could think that in 2 half will be dif, but no! Only 2 KO's (1 of them thks to a DP zombie u got fired from the game).
    I try to stall the best i could, but i give 2 turns to amazon to score,but my defense worked good, and i stopped the run.

A tie game.

I shouldn't be proud to not win this game, but i think i had some bad dices in terms of inj rolls, Tector didn't use any apo :p

As Tector sayed, "at least your regen worked", so yeah! only one MNG ghoul, i'm ready for the next game.

GG

2. Tector

Tector Member

Country Flag:
    Right, i posted the result in the wrong thread. Pretty much what Regor said.

GG

3. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    Fatal Flaw 2 :: Lust for Blood 0

I figured going in that a Norse/Vampire match up was bad news at 1000TV but that exceeded every expectation.:D Lots of 1's; lots of Thralls on the sidelines; at least there were no serious injuries and I can buy 2 more Thralls after this game!!

gg @sunhawk and good luck the rest of the season.

4. Werebat

Werebat Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Werebat
    Country Flag:
    2-1 win for Havol's Country Clubbers vs Wyrmwood. Double skull roll on Zeem Warpfire (Ag 4, Dodge) when he tried to make the one dodge he'd need to tie it up with a TD at the end of the match. Damn.

Plenty of injuries on both sides, and I think the Clubbers walked away the worse for wear, with a couple of players earning permanent injuries that make them a bit slower on their feet (smashed hip?). So Blue Gretchen will be pleased, anyway.

5. Havol

Havol Active Member

Country Flag:
    Confirmed. 2-1 for the Clubbers.

Yeah, two more stat-busts. One of which the apoth saved from death. Nice guy, eh? Another very lucky fireball popped the ball loose and I was able to score this time instead of failing the dodge. On the way back down the pitch, it was Zeem's turn to pay the luck forward. all he needed was a 2+ dodge and the score would have ended in a draw. Oh, Nuffle, you fickle bastard.

Thanks for the match, Werebat. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. Good luck against the rest of the killers!

6. Znarx

Znarx Courier Staff

Cyanide Username:
    Znarx
    Country Flag:
    TYS123's Flings get a 1-0 victory over my Lizards on the strength of a 2+4+5+3+2+4+ to wizard down my ball carrier, get a good bounce that leaves the ball in a recoverable location, pick up the ball in 1 TZ, dodge away from a diving tackler, hand off to another guy, and throw the ball carrier.

7. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    Fling some F'ing Flings beat Znark's lizards 1-0 thanks to me rolling some great dice on turn 15.

1st half my best AG4 fling wss given a -AG but the apoth fixed it to MNG. However that meant he couldn't do anything when my 2nd best AG4 fling was killed.
    1st half ended 0-0 with 2 saurii and 2 AG4 flings out.
    Znark then played it safe and ran side to side in his half looking for an opening.
    On turn 15 he made his move and moved into scoring range with the ballcarrier well protected.
    So I rolled lots of dice.
    2+ wizard to take down the ballcarrier - Goodish bounce
    2+ jump and block with Zara to push away a marker.
    4+ pick up in a TZ.
    5+ dodge away from a diving tackler
    3+ hand off
    2+ TTM
    4+ Land ( reroll needed )

I worked so I won 1-0.

8. Zoraster

Zoraster Active Member

Country Flag:
    Armourfiends 2-1 OFL Rage Quit

Saved the bad dice and the AV7 collapse for the final quarter, by which time the result was wrapped up and it was just a matter of would there be a dwarf consolation TD or would the norse sneak a third. However team development is becoming a real issue as two more careers were ended with a death and a death rerolled to ST bust. Worse the death was to the lino who scored costing us 3SPP and the ST bust was to the lino with a cas and who inevitably got the MVP taking another 7 spp away. Throw in the lost MVP last round to another ST bust and we are struggling to be ready for next season with just 4 games and a bye week to go.

9. RTSD

RTSD Active Member

Country Flag:
    Dust 1-0 Desire

The delfs fell literally to pieces as the dust just keep piling on and rr'ing to basically remove a player every turn in the first half leaving them near nothing to defend with in the second.

10. Borke

Borke Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Borke
    Country Flag:
    Sounds like a perfect example taken from a standard 'Fling playbook - except that this time it worked :D (I make that a 12.6% play with RR, not taking into consideration the bounce - I've seen worse succeed :p )

11. Znarx

Znarx Courier Staff

Cyanide Username:
    Znarx
    Country Flag:
    That's a Rap gets a 1-0 victory over Footsteps. The Ogres very nearly pulled off a T8 touchdown after I stole the ball on T7, but they had to use their reroll on a handoff to an Ogre, and he failed Bone Headed to try to run the ball in. In the second half, I had 0/4 players recover from KO, so I was forced to score relatively early, around T12. I was able to successfully defend to seal the win.

Armor/injury dice were probably in my favor, with numbers approximately even the entire match. I was able to get two CAS on Ogres, which probably had a huge impact on the game.

12. Sudonym

Sudonym Active Member

Country Flag:
    Elven Punishment 2-1 GhoulRunnings

Lots of armor breaks, but mostly stuns, so the elves manage to skate by relatively unharmed. Managed a defensive TD in the first half after a Khemri fumble to end the first half a TD up and no injuries; Jakerbeef started getting more KOs and injuries off his armor breaks, and I had a lot more trouble with dice as my numbers thinned, but it was too little too late to salvage the Khemri game plan.

13. Borke

Borke Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Borke
    Country Flag:
    BC's Eleven only manage a 1-1 against CJ's Mechanical Revolutions - but I'm happy with the result, as the match seemed to go downhill very quickly in the first half, with plenty of armor breaks for CJ, and hardly any for me. Due to a failed GFI, we were still able to prevent the TD for the Revolutions, and almost got a defensive TD ourselves, but the lone runaway Catcher was caught after plenty of GFIs.

Second half we scored quickly, being down 8 to 11 in numbers, but then CJ didn't fail the pickup with his ST5 / AG2 monster Blitzer, and the Eleven had a hard time keeping up. Around turn 12 or so, both CJ and I had a crazy turn each, me managing to mark the BC heavily and even getting a pow/pow on the 2d uphill, getting a good scatter, only for CJ to then get a great blitz, also a lovely scatter into the hands of the blitzer, who caught the ball and was screened after several successful dodges.

As I said, I think the 1-1 is fair in the end :D

GG CJ, now go and be a headache to some of the other teams :p

14. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    What he said but the dice kept me in it after some bad play.

15. Arthur Wynne

Arthur Wynne Member

Country Flag:
    I got my match against Jackal played. Reznak's Red'Unz win 3-1 over Jackals BigC, thanks largely to Jackal's BadDice. Still, it was a very entertaining game against a very pleasant opponent. Good luck in the league, Jackal!

16. NieA7

NieA7 Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    NieA7
    Cyanide Username:
    Under7
    Country Flag:
    Sanctuary win 2-0 over Tys' Khorney as Hell in Nordland, thanks pretty much entirely to Nuffle taking a protracted dump on the deamons.

17. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Cuddly Monsters have one awesome turn, taking out two chorfs and securing the ball and a man advantage on their offense. The the wizard comes through again and we win 1-0 over the champs.

GG Dreamy.

18. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Hey, we only needed to win once to get the trophy, now we can get back to Nordland. :p

19. magnus

magnus Active Member

Country Flag:
    1-1 draw between me and hawca, where both of us paid more attention to a more interesting match :) GG and gl in the rest!