1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Several questions

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by aikijo, Jun 22, 2019.

1. aikijo

aikijo New Member

Country Flag:
    Hello helpful BB folks! I have several questions that I need help with
    1) so assume I am playing in a multi-week league. So after 3 matches I have enough not only to buy a new player, I can "buy" a skill on him (lets say Tackle). Is this legal? (to use my treasury $ to buy skills on a player that I am buying new during the Season)?
    2) On my opponents turn he fumbles the ball and it lands on my player who happens to be in said opponents end zone. My schlub also fumbles the ball. Can I re-roll the catch roll (its my opponents turn remember)?
    I'll post more as I remember them. I appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!

2. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    1. Probably not but it depends on the league. I Would guess if you were in a league that allowed you to buy new players with skills it would have been made very clear from the start.

2. That's a question for your league commissioner. I am 99% sure you can re-roll that in the Cyanide video game but the rules say that team re-rolls can only be used on your turn.

Supa likes this.
  3. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    1. No - unless your league has a special house rule for that.
    2. No - unless your player has the Catch skill. Team re-rolls can't be used during your opponent's turn.

4. Regor

Regor Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Or Pro skill right? :)

Supa likes this.
  5. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    I suppose so... if you want to waste 20 tv on a crappy skill! :p

6. Regor

Regor Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Dont be like that, my Vamp team most of the games have a good run with some pro vamps

7. Supa

Supa Active Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    Indeed, imagine good vampires without pro! I guess it's a skill to be considered for a very late killer build too. Other than that, big guy doubles at some point (but that's not 20k anymore ;)).

8. aikijo

aikijo New Member

Country Flag:
    OK I appreciate the answers, Thank you all. Next question: If my player has Mighty Blow (or Claw) and an opponents fig fails a dodge roll next to me, can I use M/B (claw) on the armor check/injury roll?

9. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    No you can only use it on blocks.
    You can use it if you opponent rolls a skull but not for a dodge or a crowd surf.

10. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    I was being facetious! Pro has it’s place for vamps or some big guys, but I don’t like it as skill for most players.

11. aikijo

aikijo New Member

Country Flag:
    OK gotcha! Thanks. Wanna take a stab at a Bridge Bowl Question? When is a fig pushed into the Lava? Lets say there is an ILLEGAL unoccupied square adjacent to the fig being pushed to fling himself into (not in the direction of the push). Actual rule: "You may only push a player into the lava on a block if there if there are no valid unoccupied squares to push him into. Bridge Bowl players are very aware of their surroundings and will fling themselves to any free spot they can, rather than fall into the lava". http://www.fbbfederation.it/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/BridgebowlManualEN.pdf

12. Veggente85

Veggente85 Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    VeggenteBBT
    Cyanide Username:
    Veggente
    Country Flag:
    Why would you want to push a poor fig fruit into lava?

13. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Never played bridge bowl but in dungeon bowl getting pushed onto lava (or spikes or whatever) follows the same rules as being pushed off the pitch in regular bb essentially. i.e. a player will be pushed off only if all the eligible squares for a push that are not into the hazard are filled. The squares not eligible for being pushed into are irrelevant.

aikijo likes this.
  14. aikijo

aikijo New Member

Country Flag:
    This answered my question. Thank you!

15. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    A dwarf lineman loves pro, but only after guard, stand firm and Mighty blow.

16. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    I think I’d rather take Grab, PO or Dauntless at that point, but each to their own!

17. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    PO has been nerfed to much for my taste.

18. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    I meant the CRP version of PO! The new version deletes the skill from the game!

19. aikijo

aikijo New Member

Country Flag:
    New question: I know that Mighty Blow does not mention anything about having to state that you MUST say where you're going to apply the +1 (the Armor or the Injury roll) but is it not BB etiquette to do so? I KNOW I've seen YouTube vids that state this....

20. BallztotheWalla

BallztotheWalla Active Member

Country Flag: