1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shadowrun returns

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Netsmurf, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Humble Bundle and steam have Shadowrun on sale. I can recommend Dragonfall and not so much the first one. It is to obvious what you need to do and there does not seem to be much space for maneuvering within the story.

Dragonfall have more options and it even seems like what you decide to do, actually have something to do with how the surroundings act towards your character.

Dragonfall is also the first game in a long while I want to play again:D

Dragonfall

2. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    First one was good enough, IMO. Not amazing, but not bad either.

I've got DF since I KS:d it, but haven't taken the time to play it yet.

Mayhaps I should, then. :)

3. nithon

nithon Member

Cyanide Username:
    nithon
    Country Flag:
  4. Valokiloren

Valokiloren Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    ʋǟʟ
    Cyanide Username:
    Valokiloren
    Country Flag:
    I remember that I tried a number of the community creations content, and got caught up in one of the unlimited playthrough mods, before I stopped playing. Like Dreamy, it was about the time that I bought Dragonfall.

The thing was at the time, I had just finished a base story run w/ a Melee Troll build. And considering that the health glitch was in full affect at the time plus the lack of needing to plug anything other than Melee, Strength, Endurance and possibly Agility (for Dodge), it was an exceptionally easy play-through.

Hell, I felt like I was being punished for picking to play as a hacker - let alone a rigger. Both of whom couldn't be an Orc or Troll or you were giving something important up. How does DF compare on that regard - I got about a half-hour to an hour in, so don't remember much.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  5. Werebat

Werebat Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Werebat
    Country Flag:
    Interesting; I just bought the first game on sale at the recommendation of my son (who is coaching the Toadbrew Tipplers in Reikland).

Still playing through TellTale Games' The Walking Dead, but when I'm done that might be what I do next (and to play through as a werewolf in Skyrim too, though).

6. Etheric

Etheric Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    Finshed both the commercial campaigns, dead man's switch, which is fun but mostly linear and the excellent dragonfall which has some great writing and character development, and some great decisions to be made. Going for a 2nd playthrough to take some different options and see the bits I missed.

Then will try some of the player created campaigns.

Going to order the RPG as well I think, even though the main book apparently needs a good bit of editing/proof reading.

7. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Just learned that there was a kickstarter earlier this year to launch 4th ed of Earthdawn. Earthdown is a RPG set before Shadowrun in a world with more magic and 8 races. Would be great if this get peoble back into FASA RPG games.

8. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    Yay, Earthdawn! The system was a bit clunky with all the different dice but I really liked the setting.

9. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Third ed removed the d4 and d20 from the step chart and 4th is going to make it easier to calculate the succes levels.

10. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    Cool, I might just have to check that out then :D

11. Etheric

Etheric Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    They are brining out an extended (directors cut) edition of dragonfall as well. It will be standalone, but free to anyone who has dragonfall already. I hope they include it in the base game too, or at least all the assets need to be there for the modders to use.

Played through dead mans switch twice and dragonfall three times now. Tried a assult rifle toting street samuri on very hard. With good accuracy the full auto option is devistating. You can easily get 3-4 hits for 17 damage each for 2 AP. Add in haste and accuracy from Dietrich plus the adrenal boost implant and it is not hard to get 2 full auto shots off a turn for a good 100 damage total per round.

12. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    I did the second run as a decker with shotgun - Hitting power is awezome. When will the directors cut be out?