1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shoot for the Stars

Discussion in 'Crunch Cup' started by Narly Bird, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I’ve created this thread so that each coach can nominate 1 or 2 of their favorite players from their CCIV team. Post their name, player type, stats, SPP, tv and a bit of a write-up about them (a little bit of fluff goes a long way).

But please wait until your team has been knocked out before you post up your star player/s, as who knows what juicy skills/stat increases they could get between now and then! :pow:

At the end of the season i will create a poll and we can vote to see who is the best star player.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  2. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    I think we will be having another matchday (#12) before the playoffs? And what about the games in the knockout stage? They can bring some exciting developments too.

The idea is very good and I applaud it, but I think we should wait at least until the group stage ends before nominating players for the list.

3. Narly Bird

Country Flag:
    Sorry, i seem to be suffering from extreme retardation recently. For some reason I thought MD11 was the last of the group stages. I meant to write MD12. For all those coaches that don’t get through, they can post up their star player once MD12 is finished. For those that do get through, they can wait until they are knocked out.

Have edited the original post accordingly.

4. Narly Bird

Country Flag:
    As I created this thread I will be the first off to nominate my star player:

:pow:Calico Jack – Elf Catcher – M8 S4 AG4 AV7 – Catch, Nerves of Steal, Dodge, Block, Tackle– 51SPP – TV 210:pow:

CJ was 1 of my 2 starting Catchers and quickly got himself the Dodge skill. His second skill up was a 66 and I couldn’t say no to the plus strength. Having a Strength 4 Catcher was great, but without Block he could still be taken down and was a little unreliable when blitzing (and he did a lot of blitzing). Luckily, after MD10 he got his 3rd skill. I rolled 65. It was a really tough decision not to give him AG5, but I went with Block for the reliability. It really paid off in my match vs Snotty as he went on to score 3 TD’s.

With his MV8, this guy is a real menace on the pitch and can really get around. He always catches the ball on a 2+ (with inbuilt reroll) and can then usually just blitz free to score. So he is a massive handful for the oppositions defence. The only problem I found is that I now rely on him a bit too much and he is becoming a bit of a SPP hog.

He will be going through to the playoffs and is only 2 TD’s short of a 4th skill, so I may be updating this post in a little while.

:pow: Name? – Elf Catcher – M8 S3 AG5 AV7 – Catch, Nerves of Steal, Dodge, Wrestle – 51SPP – TV 180:pow:

I got this guy the +AG in my final match before the playoffs. He was fairly quiet in the match vs McFood, as I hadn’t come to realise how powerful he really was, although he did manage to pick up the ball in a crowd on 1 occasion. It was in the semi finals vs Creamsters Delf that he really shined. He can break into a 3 point cage on a 4+ (with inbuilt reroll that’s 75% chance of success) and then take down a blodger 33% of the time (or slightly greater than 50% if a reroll is used). He is my ultimate defensive threat and I think this guy had a massive impact in the match vs Creamsters Delf. To really keep the ball secure from him you have to have 2 guard players on opposite points of the cage.

In the finals he died, but luckily I was just back in time from a nappy change to apoth it to badly hurt. Its just a shame that I couldn’t properly play the finals match and really try him out, although I suspect he wouldn’t have been so effective in defense vs Netsmurfs S4 ball carrier.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2011
  5. Snotty

Snotty Member

Country Flag:
    I ve seen in previous posts, people putting up screen shots of their cyanide stat sheets of their players, I think that would be cool here, can a computer boffin tell me and all, how to do that.

6. John McGuirk

John McGuirk Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Sure:

1) Bring said player sheet up in game.
    2) Press the 'PrtScrn' key on your keyboard.
    3) Close the game - the image is now saved on your hard-drive as a .jpg file. You can locate the file in the following folder: (My) Documents > BloodBowl Legendary > Screenshots.
    4) Memorise or write down the name of the file (it will be 'BloodBowlLegendary' followed by a string of numbers and underscores). Or rename it to something less esoteric :)
    5) Prepare a post in the BBT forum here.
    6) Press the 'attach image' button at the top of the panel (looks like a paper clip).
    7) A new window should open. Click 'browse' and navigate through to your where your file was.
    8) Select the file and click 'open'.
    9) Click the 'upload' button next to 'browse'.
    10) The image should upload at the bottom of your post.

Alternatively, you can upload the image to an external file-hosting website (such as imageshack) and follow a similar uploading process. Then take the address of the uploaded file and link it into your post using the 'insert image' button, which is underneath and to the right of the attachments paper-clip.

This is a longer process but allows you to incorporate the image as part of the post, as opposed to it appearing separately at the bottom. I think it also prevents the image from being auto-resized, which sometimes makes text and numbers hard to read.

Just to say, I really like this idea Narly. Just waiting for MD12 to finish and I'll upload my star nomination.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  7. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    The Sidekicks joined the competition later than most teams and had no time to develop any true stars, so the only player worth mentioning here is Mr. Spock the Troll.

Mr. Spock, Troll level 2 (12 SPPs)
    MA:4 ST:5 AG:1 AV:9
    Loner, Always Hungry, Mighty Blow, Really Stupid, Regeneration, Throw Team-Mate, Block

Given his short 4-match career (not counting the admined win over Wood Elves), he's gotten some success in the game, inflicting three casualties (the last and most spectacular of which was killing a Deathroller, which was then, sadly, reanimated by an Apothecary) and scoring one touchdown. These achievements alllowed the noble Troll to reach level 2 and learn Block, one of the skills essential to his role on the pitch, which is punching other players in the face and hurting them.

8. Narly Bird

Country Flag:
    Be sure to submit the team to CTA, then you can keep playing with them in matchmaking. Perhaps Mr Spock can take on Dumb, my Pro Troll. Although he is more a tosser than a basher.

Glad you like the post JM and looking forward to seeing your nominated star player. :D

9. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    I'm hoping for carry-over teams in CCV, but if that does not happen, The Sidekicks are definitely joining CTA.

10. Snotty

Snotty Member

Country Flag:
    If the picture thingy works here is my star player,
    as you can see he was two points away from lvl 5,
    he casued a few casulties too, for a gutter runner,

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  11. Etheric

Etheric Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    Well got 3 good blitzers

tackle, MB, PO
    +1 agi guard +mv
    tackle, mb +agi

the strong arm, accurate thrower is pretty useful too, but only good for an orc :D.

Still got some games left, but probably will not get a skill on them.

12. Narly Bird

Country Flag:
    Those Orc Blitzers are very nice. If you could get another double, Dodge would combine so well with the +AG ones.

I cant go past Snotty's GR though. What a total beast! And only 2SPP away from another skill. Out of interest, what skill would you go for Snotty?

13. Snotty

Snotty Member

Country Flag:
    So many choices,
    HTML:

If I rolled singles, I would either give him sidestep or tackle,

If doubles, I would of given him foul appearance, so he can last longer, or possibly mighty blow, or disturbing presence, depending who I would of played next

I have to say I'm quite attached to him

14. Thanatos

Thanatos Member

Country Flag:
    The only really good player I have is a Block Mighty Blow Werewolf.
    He has caused a lot of casualties in the last few games.

15. Barninho

Barninho Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    One of the things about my team was the spp was spread pretty equal, but some players were less equal than others. In reverse order, my top 3...

Omar Little BLITZER Block (Dodge, Tackle)
    Omar was vital on defence as the only Tackle player and arguably the most dangerous receiver on the team, finishing the tournament with four TD's to become the team's top scorer.

Beatrix Kiddo WITCH ELF Dodge (Block, Mighty Blow)
    The decision to start with a Witch was one of my best decisions in the tournament despite my reservations. She levelled up in the opening game against Ill-Lich and the Norse with two casualties, two passes and a touchdown. In the now void game against Raven which Badfellas won 6-1 she destroyed his team single-handedly with multiple casualties. If nothing else she deserves to be considered because of the unbelievable amount of abuse she took from chainsaws, gang fouls and everything else without missing a single game in the tournament.

Anton Chigurgh BLITZER Block (Dodge, +AG)
    Anton is my number 1. After rolling AG he changed the dynamic of the team, and Badfellas became a side who are practically guaranteed to score as a result of this. On offence he became my quarterback by necessity, and on defence he was the player who could pluck the loose ball and launch a counter-attack. He was involved in all 6 touchdowns against the Ogres and was the difference against Pottsy's Dwarfs in particular. Ultimately Anton doesn't have the most spp of the candidates here, and he doesn't even have the most spp in his own team, but I doubt any player was so integral to a team making the knockout stages and he deserves inclusion for that, as I leaned on him heavily. The reason his spp tally wasn't doubled was that I made a point of stopping him from being an spp hog, and often handed off rather than took a pass or scored with him. I'll definitely be bringing Badfellas to any cup we run which allows it, and he's the major reason why.

16. Etheric

Etheric Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    Well the +1 agi guard +mv got another skill, normal roll. I need NS's dice lol. Probably take tackle or MB.

17. jrpeart

jrpeart Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    jrpeart
    Cyanide Username:
    jrpeart
    Country Flag:
    My team had no real stand out players, with spp spread out pretty evenly :cool:. At the end I only had 3 players who weren't level 2. 1 rookie Linewoman and 2 level 3 Blitzers.

My stars were probably my level 3 Blitzers both of whom had Guard/Stand Firm.

Other key players were my 3 +Ag players (1 Blitzer, 1 Catcher (killed by Etheric in the playoffs), and 1 Linewoman) and my +St Linewoman.

18. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Well I guess it goes without saying, that my supreme super star is Superghoul. In the end he made it to 76 SPP and got, Block, Side Step, Tackle, +AG and +ST:D

Next on the list are my mummies. One of them has rolled 3 doubles for skills and the other has 2 normal skills. They work great in tandem with each other and as long they are on the pitch I know I can move my cage without big problems.

The double mummy has block and frenzy - and frenzy has been a surpricingly good choice. It realy gives the cage the ability to advance. The other mummy has grab and guard. Grab being perhaps the best skill I have given to him. It realy opens up my ONETURN possibilities and is shockingly good when trying to advance the cage.

My conclusion is that undeads are rock solid:pow: