1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halfling ShortMan F.O.O.D. Heroes

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by cjblackburn, Jul 14, 2019.

1. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    The ball arched gracefully through the sky. She leaped high into the air tucking into a tight summersault before catching the ball and landing in one swift motion. Her momentum was preserved as she dashed through the trees. These were the moments where she felt most alive. These were the moments where she forgot everything about her past.

xxxxx

The dark held no fear for her.
    Long ago it’s terrors had been burnt on the alter of rage.
    She knew how to use her rage.
    She had learned to rely on her rage.
    She had to use her rage to survive.
    She had to remember the past to fuel her rage.

xxxxx

She stood on the mountain top amongst the clouds practicing. Griffins lazily circled the mountains watching her.

Look. Assess. Arm back. Point. Release.

Honour required she be perfect and perfect required practice.

Honour required she be perfect and perfect required rhythm.

Honour required she be perfect and perfect required stability.

Honour required she be perfect and perfect required calm.

Honour required she be perfect and perfect required forgetting.

xxxxx

In all her long days playing she knew she had relied on her calmness under pressure. She knew could pick a ball out of the sky through a crowd of hands. She knew she could extract herself from the trickiest of positions. She knew her team would get her the ball. The one thing she didn’t know was would they forgive her.

xxxxx

Luckily for you me and the rest of Blood Bowl this has nothing to do with your story.

Supa, sbr32 and TravelScrabble like this.
  2. cjblackburn

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    He staggered on. Pain coursing through his body with every step. He knew it would be worth it in the end. He would have the respect he deserved. However he wasn’t sure how much further he could walk. He had to cross this forest but it never seemed to end. He knew he could just lie down and sleep and the pain would cease if he just didn’t move anymore but rage still burned within. He would go back to his past and he would be respected.

He staggered on. The trees were getting thicker now. There seemed to be a path but he wasn’t sure it was going the way he wanted. He wasn’t convinced he should be going down. He had difficulty keeping his eyes open. He could hear water and that wasn’t right but rage carried him forward. His past would set him free.

He staggered on. He could remember the good times. He could remember respect. They had listened to him and believed what he told them before it had all gone wrong. Before that thing he couldn’t bear to think about he was happy. He knew it wasn’t his fault despite what his dreams said. He couldn’t no mustn't remember what had happened but he knew that he could be happy again just like before.

He staggered on. His eyes were closing but he kept moving forward. He stumbled on a root and held out a limb to catch himself. Taking another step forward he felt water running over his bare feet. Cool refreshing water. Taking a moment the pain subsided to just a dull ache and he looked around properly for the first time. There was a small hut just up the stream. It was failing down with a fallen tree resting against a hole in the roof. It wasn’t large enough to have a chimney or even windows. However at that moment he had never seen anything finer.

He staggered on. Reaching for the door he knew he would be safe here even if it wasn’t much larger than himself. He fell into the hut, without looking at the surroundings, and leant against a wall. Slowly a figure stood up from an armchair and walked across the surprisingly large room. It threw another log on the fire sending sparks up the chimney. It walked past a number of doors as light came through the large stain glass windows. The figure finally turned towards the visitor and walked across the carpet.

‘Hello CJ we have been expecting you.’

sbr32 and Street like this.
  3. cjblackburn

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    script draft 18.3

Scene 1.1

Voice over by presenter who is located at the main gate of the studio. Long tracking shot from outside the studio zooms down street to presenter. Shot is timed so that as voice over is completed the zoom ends with a shot of the presenter as she turns and walks into studio.

Presenter: Welcome to the set of the Lifetime original movie ‘The making of cjblackburn the movie’. Over the course of the next hour we will be looking at how production is going on the set of the controversial new movie. We will have exclusive interviews with the cast and crew (including a few faces you will recognise) and get to the bottom of how they filmed the story that many people said was ‘patently untrue’ and had ‘no narrative structure’. So join me as we look at ‘The making of ‘The making of cjblackburn the movie’’.

Street and TravelScrabble like this.
  4. cjblackburn

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    'Careful with that. It contains memories of the greatest the Big Crunch has ever seen.'

'I know what I'm doing nephew. These electrodes need to be carefully placed to get at his memories.'

A little while later a hammering could be heard as metal is pushed into organic matter.

'Stuff it! That's close enough'.

'Are the hosts ready?'

'Oh yes'

xxxxx

It hurt so he went where he was safe. He went back to when he had respect.

5. cjblackburn

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    Lightning crackled from the electrodes jammed into the monstrosities brain. The switch was pulled and the memories were ripped from its mind. The avatars started to twist and writhe Drifta was delighted.

‘Yes! After all my work all the time I spent with those morons soon I will have a team of the greatest players the Big Crunch has seen.’

‘Did you just say players?’

‘Yes of course.’

‘Oh. I suppose that makes sense. I was wondering why you wanted to bring old coaches back.’

‘Old coaches?!’

‘Well players would be harder because they have to actually move around and stuff which this lot will be rubbish at.’

Consumed by confusion and anger Drifta watched as a couple of lightning bolts shot of into the forest. At that moment one of the Avatars raised its head and squeaked out.

‘Is that CJ over there. I think he is just the best don’t you?’ Said Street.

sbr32, TravelScrabble and Street like this.
  6. cjblackburn

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    Scene 1.2

Montage of stills from the original movie for 20 seconds. Find stills that captures the excitement of the original but contains no spoilers. Definitely no shots of them shooting the ‘Incident’.

Presenter: Cjblackburn the movie was Metro-goldwyn-mayers last commercial release as a major studio. Released in 1986 with an all star cast it was moderately successful but never stood a chance of recouping the money spent on it. It has since become a cult hit with fans regularly attending bespoke showings were they regularly join in singing such songs as ‘Stabbing a claw into his brain’ and ‘What had he done?’ The production of the original film became something of a byword for excess and debauchery in Hollywood so it was only a matter of time before someone recreated this forgotten episode of the eighties.

7. Remthar

Remthar Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Psychedelic as always CJ.

8. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    OFL blog from you Rem?

9. Remthar

Remthar Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    That's the Plan, TS :)

10. cjblackburn

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    Weird stuff just keeps happening. You scored a TD which is very weird.

11. cjblackburn

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    I think CJ loves me more.

No CJ loves me more.

Ha. It's obvious I'm his favourite.

Only to a numpty. He loves me the best.

You don't know what you are talking about Travelscrabble.

I know more than you Street.

Drifta watched on shaking his head as they started scuffling again. This was not what he had planned at all. His uncle had a theory but he wasn't interested.

He walked away.