1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shoudl I keep this free stadium?

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by Olber, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Olber

Olber Member

Country Flag:
    Hi Coaches

Our league has just started it's 3rd season and our commissioner has decided to grant everyone a stadium for residency. We rolled randomly and I've ended up with a 'Rough & Ready' stadium with 'Unclear Markings'. For those who may not know, this means that at each kick-off the LoS can be moved one square back or forward from the centre at the kicking team's whim. There's also no limits on how many players can be set up in the sidelines.

I'm playing a Chaos Dwarf roster and I'm thinking this will be a big disadvantage for me every other game as all the other teams are faster and more able to take advantage of this.

Being resident in a stadium does give you some advantages in a home match, an extra D3 for fans and being crowd-surfed is safe for your team on a D6 result of 5-6. However, the opposition get 50k free inducements. Winnings are also increased by D3 for a win and decreased by D3 for a loss.

Am I right in thinking this is a liability for my team? I can ditch the stadium but as it was a freebie, I can't sell it.

2. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    Strange one. I would probably scrap it as Chorfs need their Dwarves to control the pitch, allowing an opponent to flood your backfield with Gutters or Elves does not seem that appealing. Plus it is a load more things to keep track of...Giving your opponent a free Babe as a Bash team does not seem that great either.

3. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    Yeah I don't like that at all.

So your only option is to get rid of it, you can't get a different one? Either way I would scrap it.

4. Olber

Olber Member

Country Flag:
    Thanks guys, that was my reaction but throwing 250k gold away was making me nervous!

5. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    On the other hand if I was playing skaven or elves I wouldn't want it either as you would need to go 14 squares rather than 13 to score a TD so 1 turning is harder. Setting up on the sidelines is an advantage but it doesn't make up for making those turn 8/16 scores harder.

So I guess it depends how often you get scored against in 1 turn.
    If there are teams that do it regularly it is probably worth keeping.

6. Olber

Olber Member

Country Flag:
    Hmm, and there is the fact my Bulls could get to a loose ball or blitz a ball carrier a bit easier on a deep kick. It's a tricky one! Then again, the same could be done to me...

7. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I wouldn't worry about the blitz as overloading the wide zones when kicking is going to make going straight up the middle easier. That is where you want to go anyway so I doubt people will do that against you.

8. Ankita

Ankita New Member

Country Flag:
    thanks for sharing it..

9. Olber

Olber Member

Country Flag:
    The league commissioner allowed me a reroll, I've ended up with 'Poorly built dungeons' which is much better for me given my fouling tendencies!