1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tactics Should I fire this player or not? II

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Gallows Bait, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
  2. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    ST5 MV7 blodge vamp is now AG3.
    I have 4 other good vamps and 1 rookie.
    I am thinking keep until the rookie is lvl3 or 4 and don't use the apoth on him.
    Thoughts.

3. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Would potentially keep if this is in a league, until firing makes sense due to tv difference of opponent. Would fire if in CCL.

4. patbou73

patbou73 Active Member

Country Flag:
    Wood Elf Treeman with Grab suffered a permanent injury. He'll miss next game, and is now down to AV 9. I don't yet have the money to replace him (70k treasury). But should I just go on with him? Or replace him at first opportunity? Note that I'm also down 2 Linemen, and thus need 260k to get back to full roster (120k + 70k + 70k)...

5. Silfuin

Silfuin Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Silfuin
    Country Flag:
    Ok, I'm undertaking the challenge to substitute for Orielensis drop out, thus I had to recreate an equal team as per instructions.
    In doing so I noticed that the legend killer blitzer has 2 niggling along with 2 MV busts (so mv 5)
    He has the usual compendium of killer skills (clapomb) plus guard and jump up.
    The other blitzer so far has claw MB and tackle.
    I have little to no experience at this TV.
    Does the PO warrants to keep a player which probably will be injured at the first armour break?
    I guess that if I keep him apo will be negated, but I'm wondering if it would be better to just retire him and begin to level up a new blitzer.

6. patbou73

patbou73 Active Member

Country Flag:
    If you blitz with that player every turn, and use piling on, he’s not at risk of getting blocked next turn while on the ground. Niggling Injuries are not likely to trigger often. He sure can get fouled, but it’s the job of your other players to prevent that. I think there’s a strong case of keeping such a skilled player in your team.

You can replace him with a rookie, and save 110k on TV. Does that matter in your next matchups?

7. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    Underworld rely on removals more than most teams.
    So I would keep him and keep him protected as much as possible.
    You have goblins that can get between him and the opponents killer after he has done his thing.
    Until the other blitzer gets PO I think you need him.

8. Silfuin

Cyanide Username:
    Silfuin
    Country Flag:
    Thanks for the advice.
    I'll keep him for now.
    However that poses 2 questions:
    1) with MA7 there will be times when he can't reach any desired target but the other blitzer can. In that case do I simply content to blitz whoever is available with the killer or do I blitz the more important target with the other blitzer?
    2) Does he warrants the use of apo?

9. Silfuin

Cyanide Username:
    Silfuin
    Country Flag:
    Is there any reason to keep an AV6 blodge witch?
    Almost already fired her, then I thought of asking ... you never know ...

10. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Rookie? Nope.

11. patbou73

patbou73 Active Member

Country Flag:
    Yeah. She already had a target on her head, and it’s now bigger. She’ll get depitched fast, as fast as a halfling if you get hit by MB.

12. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Yeah, at low level you should sack her for sure.

13. Silfuin

Cyanide Username:
    Silfuin
    Country Flag:
    And here I am again ... yeah, I know, I'm annoying ...
    Getting back to the question of my UW killer with niggling and -MV.
    In my three games he racked up another -MV (luckily it doesn't have any effect as I already have 2) and another Niggling.
    The third niggling registers in the injuries record, so I assume it stacks and is not limited to 2 like the characteristics modifiers.
    It was already determined that he was too valuable to the team, but now he has 3 niggling ... +3 on any injury roll ... and if I want to really use him it will be impossible to really protect him at all times.
    For example in today's match I used him to blitz the opponent killer brcause a good opportunity showed up.
    CAS came out KO and I didn't reroll to avoid getting a stun instead; as a result he was still on his feet and got blocked down himself and injured.
    That was on turn 2.
    Then the opponent's killer came back on second half and did his work.

I'm really uncertain what to do ... however he may be useful I fear that he will not be able to pull his weight before getting injured again.
    And he increases my TV by 200k ...
    Now he's MNG, so I have a bit of time before I have to decide, but I'd like some new thoughts about him considering the 3 niggles ...

Thanks all.

14. Gallows Bait

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    3 Niggles? I'd fire him at this point. He's just not going to be on the pitch long enough to be effective and if he is, do you really want to be building up valuable SPP on a player that close to dying?

15. burning_phoneix

burning_phoneix Active Member

Steam Username:
    burning.phoneix
    Country Flag:
    Here's a question regarding a non-BC2 Dwarf team. I have a MB Piling On Troll Slayer who got AV- busted. The other Slayer is not leveled up and no one else on the team has MB (mostly guard on the longbeards and a guard runner+ a Block AG up runner). I have enough funds to replace the slayer, should I go for it?

16. Gallows Bait

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    I think I'd probably keep him until I could at least get the other slayer to his first level up.

burning_phoneix likes this.
  17. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    OCC Team in Division IV.

MB Wight got -MA. I'm leaning towards firing as I think I want my blitzing Wight (for when all blitz choices are frenzy traps) to have that extra MA, but then again if he loses MB he's not much of a blitzer...

https://spike.ovh/team?team_id=3578684&platform=1

18. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    It is only division 4. You have 3 more seasons for him to get good.
    I would replace him now. It is only 6 SPP to get the new one to the same level.

19. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    I've had really bad luck trying to level Wights, so those 6 SPP seem like a mountain to climb! But I get your point.

20. Silfuin

Cyanide Username:
    Silfuin
    Country Flag:
    Piling on can be effective at protecting yout slayer by putting him on the ground.
    Not all teams will foul him, and if they do, then just let him die of natural death.
    I agree with Gallows bait: keep him until you level the other slayer.

burning_phoneix likes this.