1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Crunch Cup' started by Netsmurf, Aug 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Hi there, here is the place to sign up for CCVI. There are four divisions a team can sign up to. Admins will replace any team we find to be signed to a wrong division. So with total power to the admins, what are the stuff we look at:

Division1 = Well developed teams, with a good track record. Dont feel shy.
    Division2 = Developed teams.
    Division3 = Better than rookie, but not developed very far.
    Division4 = Rookie teams.

Sign up as you please, but remember that teams with experience are only valid if they come from CTA or former Crunch Cups or a combo.

2. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    Im in for Division 4 with a rookie team. Prolly Woodies or High Elves, or not.

3. Vusfnuv

Vusfnuv Member

Country Flag:
    Well, could you please announce the format of the CCVI please than? Do we get a perptual league? What happens in each division, is it a group tournament, a cup or smth else? What are the approximate TV ranges for divisions? What will happen with teams after the CCVI end?

4. Rusty

Rusty Active Member

Country Flag:
    Count me in for either group 3 with a CTA Skaven team or group 4 with a new Chaos team. No idea which though. :D

Edit: Or a new Human team.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  5. bintz

bintz Active Member

Country Flag:
    I'll be there with Har Ganethornication! So I guess that's division 1 or 2.

6. Etheric

Etheric Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    I would say it is going to be difficult to put a precise TV on each division without knowing who applies.

As I understand it there will be a cup at the end of it for the division winners (I hope we can have runners up too), then CCVI finishes and we roll in to the next one.

For me I would like CCVII to be more like CCV, but that is just my vote, then for CCVIII (also about when roman numersl start being silly) we have a format like CCVI, but that is just me :D.

Anyway going to apply with the orcs currently 1790 TV, but will proabbly get another lineman for 1840. Going Division 1 all the way baby.

7. Etheric

Etheric Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    Hehe had a feeling you might. Means we can't start CCVI until you are knocked out of/win CCV, but no problem there.

8. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    Vusfnuv,

This has been discussed and the format quite well defined already by Netsmurf etc. Check the "Deside on CCV" thread, page 6. Maybe Netsmurf can copy paste in the first thread here the relevant info?

9. Rusty

Rusty Active Member

Country Flag:
    I would have to agree that another announcement for everyone wouldn't go amiss. Having to look for the format for CCVI in a thread on CCV isn't the clearest it could be, and anything that helps get more sign ups is fine by me.

10. jrpeart

jrpeart Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    jrpeart
    Cyanide Username:
    jrpeart
    Country Flag:
    I'm probably going to join with a nearly new Necro team which would go into div3.

The other option is a rookie team of any race I can come up with a suitably good name for.

I haven't come to a final decision yet though.

11. bobman

bobman Member

Country Flag:
    I'm in, more likely with the Norse currently getting slapped about in CTA. Or reliving the Prancing Pansies.

12. bintz

bintz Active Member

Country Flag:

With the luck I had on experience rolls, it would be hard not to go on with that team but Im sure your orcs will welcome me just fine :p

13. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    At the moment I'm not sure if I'll apply or not, as I need to wind down my Blood Bowl activities for a while in general, but the temptation might just be too much to ignore anyway! :rolleyes:

I have a question all the same. A while ago I threw four teams into CTA that had all played only MM games in BB1, but never found the time to actually use any of these teams in CTA. A couple of these teams are very well developed (over 2000 TV), but none of them have ever been "farmed". Are these teams eligible for entry?

14. bobman

bobman Member

Country Flag:
    Sorry posting from my stupid phone.

15. Vusfnuv

Vusfnuv Member

Country Flag:
    Ok, but some questions still remain.
    1. What will the format be inside the groups? One game vs each opponent? Two games? How many games will it be?
    2. Will the groups have approximately equal amount of players?

EDITED: I will definitely take part, I'll announce a team later.

16. Hoverdog

Hoverdog Active Member

Country Flag:
    i'll probably be playing a fresh team. chaos, nurgle or something like that.

17. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    It will be 1 game vs. each and probaly 5 matches, before the final playoff. If there are 24 coaches. At 32 coaches it will be 7 games before the final playoff.

The groups will have the same size. Should there be 8 rookie teams for div4 then the two best coaches move up to div3 and so forth.

@Danton: Sorry mate but they are not valid teams.

18. Valokiloren

Valokiloren Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    ʋǟʟ
    Cyanide Username:
    Valokiloren
    Country Flag:
    Provided I can make time and actually get on for my matches, I'd like to enter with a rookie team - as I have no idea what barely developed will entail, TV-wise.

19. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Ok, no worries, might have been fun to resurrect one of them for something like this, but was to be expected really!

I think you should contemplate running a tournament some day where any team can enter regardless of background or origin. Makes for a fun tournament format and is also an entertaining competition for rookie goblin and halfling teams to enter thanks to the crazy amounts of inducements they can get! :)

20. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Well to tell you the thruth neither do we, it all depend on the teams entering and how we must sort them;)

Good idea, please remember it if we forget it in the debate on format for the next cups

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.