1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Crunch Cup' started by Netsmurf, Aug 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moss

Moss New Member

Country Flag:
    Bah! No warning necessary. My new Dark Elves are so squishy.... so weak... certainly nothing to fear here. :cool:

2. Hoverdog

Hoverdog Active Member

Country Flag:
    It was such a beautiful match to behold. Nurgle vs. Nurgle. Just imagine all the quick moves, graceful dodges, accurate passing plays, such a spectacle!
    Except it wasn't. Moss won the toss. That was enough :D

3. Moguai

Moguai Member

Country Flag:
    Actually I have decided that I am a masochist after all and changed my team to-you've probably guessed it- Norse. And the run was not that abysmal, towards the end I really had a shot at being no. 2 in my division especially after taking apart Johns Amazons and winning against both my direct competitiors (still some of my fondest memories BB-wise :D).
    What crippeled me was the loss of one Berserker in my first match.

And from the CCs I participated in this was still my best and hopefully now I will be able to get a little training in, which was not the case during my Orc and Dark Elf run (not my fondest memory, since I hate having to quit in the middle of a tournament but work was getting out of control as well as some personal issues)

So now the Norsgard Norse Vikings will fight in the name of redundancy and alcohol. And not necessarily in that order.

I am just back to have some fun and not care too much about my win-loss ratio.

So, will be seeing you on the gridiron.

4. Pottsy

Pottsy Member

Country Flag:
    I'm tempted to apply but I'm going to be without internet access for at least a fortnight while I move house. If you're short on numbers I can apply with a team like gobbos of flings. If I'm playing them I won't be fussed about forfeiting a couple of matches.

Otherwise, I'll just wait until I've got internet set up again and wait for a vacancy if any coach withdraws from the cup.

5. Da Boss

Da Boss Member

Country Flag:
    First time online player applying with Da Black Blitzkreigerz,rookie team.

6. Strobinator

Strobinator Member

Country Flag:
    I love the norse, but they are heart breakers. Leagues tend to start out with me thinking this is amazing, but I hit a point in the season where my team is a bloody mess on the pitch.

Looking forward to the league.

7. Valokiloren

Valokiloren Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    ʋǟʟ
    Cyanide Username:
    Valokiloren
    Country Flag:
    -cries pitifully at the sound of that-

Nuffle, do I hate Norse. Damn drunk bastards always able to go bash-heavy at a moments notice, and you can't outrun them with a sneaky play. ARGH!

Hopefully any Norse team I have to go up against will have lost a key player, as my rats won't survive a punch in the nose, let alone a gridiron full of these drunkards. No offence to any Norse players, but I would kind of like to win. ^^

8. Moguai

Moguai Member

Country Flag:
    I would not worry about that overmuch, first league I played with Norse, I got outbashed by Highelfes of all the races, even one dice blocks yielded exactly the results my opponent needed. I never once won the goddamn hitting war except vs. my last opponent who was playing Amazons and I was downing them left or right as if dodge never existed (ahh reminiscence is great) .

9. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    28 and counting!

Interestingly enough 18 of those are brand new. 10 are experienced.

Of the 10 experienced there is a wide rande from around 1100 to 1800... gonna be tough to even out all divisions in terms of number of teams!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  10. Vusfnuv

Vusfnuv Member

Country Flag:
    We could have divisions slightly different in numbers for this season. After it the distribution will hopefully be more equal.

11. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    That is fine, but if that is the case we will then need to create separate leagues. A single league in Cyanide can not have diferent size groups in it, as far as I know.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  12. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    It cant and it will not be with different group sizes so just go out there and bang some heads in, so we can get to 32;)

13. Da Boss

Da Boss Member

Country Flag:
    Still short of 4 teams,so near yet so far,seems to have been on 28 teams for a while now.

14. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    With RB signing up, it should mean we are only 3 teams short.

15. Da Boss

Da Boss Member

Country Flag:
    Yep only 3 teams to go :)

16. Vusfnuv

Vusfnuv Member

Country Flag:
    Looked at the registered teams yesterday. :mad: I had switched my registered team to chaos because at that time there were no chaos coaches. Now there are 4 of them :mad:

17. Da Boss

Da Boss Member

Country Flag:
    Only counted 3 mate including yourself,Thats not to bad and gives you the chance to prove your the best chaos team:D

18. RogueBanshee

RogueBanshee Member

Country Flag:
    So I am signed up now. Is there anything I should be doing until we find a few more players?

19. Da Boss

Da Boss Member

Country Flag:
    Maybe play a few practice games?

20. RogueBanshee

RogueBanshee Member

Country Flag:
    It is ok to play other teams in the league before 32 players are signed up and the tournament starts?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.