1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Signup for DuCTA III

Discussion in 'Dungeonbowl and Variants' started by Netsmurf, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Thank you, I am now home in DK and at a machine that works and does what I tell it to do. I have just been very busy catching up after 3 months away from mates and real life. Should happen something no later than Sunday this week:powdodge:

2. narg

narg Member

Country Flag:
    By the way - what's DuCTA?

Are there rules somewhere? I hope it's for new teams only?

How do you choose dungeons? I used to play loads with some mates but I got annoyed after a few games that lasted 40 turns (is that possible? At least it felt like it) because there was just one 2-square corridor to go scoring and you had stand firm players or prone players blocking the way.

Any home rules on the deathroller and such?

3. Ken

Ken Kenny the Mechanic

Country Flag:
    this took too long to start up, you can have my spot, I recently signed up for a 3rd league which means DB is off the table for me

4. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    There aren't much rules. Every team plays everyone else once, then a playoff with most of the teams. A disconnect (not common) either stands (the table is manual and can show another result) or people try to restore the team to as close as previous as possible.

Last round we let the underdog pick the dungeon - round before that we had an "official dungeon" every week that all used that week.

No home rules beyond that as far as I can remember. New teams only - but teams from previous DuCTAs have been allowed. Inducements plus the "underdog picks dungeon" rules mean the lower TV might actually be better off.

Finally - games are fairly fast usually. 2 minute turns, and the absolute maximum would be 40 turns. (Both teams 16 players, and not a single player lost to warp, surf, foul, KO or Cas between turns 16 and 40)
    Usually notably faster.

5. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Since the servers are still up, I'll usurp this attempt and start a new fresh thread. Gotta get a shot at the shiny. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.