1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sigurd and the Hammerers

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by SorroW, Feb 27, 2012.

1. SorroW

SorroW Member

Country Flag:
    Sigurd and the Hammerers (CC8)

Greetings and salutations.

Following on these pages are the strange and dazzling tale of the strong dwarfs of the Hammerers. Lead by the now nearly (yeah right) legendary slayer Sigurd, slayer of dragons, killer of wizards, executioner of wrongdoers, destroyer of taverns and sometimes catcher of balls (The Bloodbowl kind, the other balls just get a knee).

The Team so far:

1) Sigurd, the Returned, Troll-slayer Mighty Blow
    2) Kraal, Slayer-in-training, Troll-slayer Mighty Blow, Piling On MNG, -1AV
    3) Hammer, Blitzer Guard, Grab
    4) Anvil, Blitzer Guard
    5) Boumber the Elfblooded, Runner Block, Kick-Off Return, Fend
    6) Willfred the Stalwart, Runner Block, Strip Ball, Tackle
    7) Zark, Blocker Guard
    8) Grim, Blocker Guard
    9) Dalid, Blocker Guard
    10) Bur, Blocker Guard
    11) Drash, Blocker
    12) Raor, Blocker
    16) Aar, the Forgemaster, Deathroller

Got 3 Rerolls. And one Apothecary. Still no Cheerleaders or Coaches.

TV is at 1520 atm.. with 12 players.

The Graveyard
    1) Sigurd Dragonsbane, Troll-slayer DEAD
    9) Brusk, Blocker DEAD
    11) Err, Blocker DEAD
    And a loner who shall not be named.

Oh and two different versions of Drash, Blocker. Since the first got some damages, and again in the next match. But I kept the name, and this one actually finished a match without injuring himself...

There we have it. They have signed up for CC8, so quite a change for me. From Elfs, with loads of skills, to Dwarfs, with none. :)

See you on the field or in the bar. Eitherway it will be a brawl!!

/SorroW

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  2. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Where is Sigurd headed towards?

3. SorroW

SorroW Member

Country Flag:
    I think his long time goal is to actually score a touchdown... feels like he's done most other doable things! ;)

/SorroW

4. maiais

maiais Member

Country Flag:
    i look forward to hearing the mighty tale of Sigurd and the Hammerers!

but in all seriousness it seems like you've got the makings of a great team here both player wise and fluff wise.

5. SorroW

SorroW Member

Country Flag:
    So first time on the field for my dwarfs... And it ended badly.

I got a 2X Double skulls (With the ball carrier) in the end of the first half, that ended my chances to score then.

And the start of the second half had Pitch Invasion and 6 stunned dwarfs.
    6 Dwarfs to move, and a silly missclick, and I had very small chances of doing anything to stop JRpeart to score. So after some pushing the dwarf around he scored a safe TD.
    1-0

And then I had 4 turns to score. And being dwarfs I realised that caging and slowly going forward wouldn't work.

So I took the brave and insane way out. Pulled a little Elf play, and spread my dwarfs around his backfield while securing the ball in the middle with a nearly safe cage.

And it looked good and doable.. Got a push when I needed and I had a 3+ to run with a dwarf to a spot where he wouldn't reach me, and score the turn after.
    Still... a 3+ handoff.... and it failed.

And after that it was some battling in the middle, and I had a chance on my last turn again, but it ended since I couldn't get a push that I needed, so couldn't squeese my dwarfs through..

Overall it showed how much I suck at this game... Sadly enough. 11% failure on Block dice wasn't helping.. and I got 20 Skulls, out of 88 rolled dice. 22%, felt like 50% skulls sometimes...

No skills. Just a MVP, and a Cas.. Not on the same guy.

Oh well... you live and you learn atleast. And this season is about not playing elfs... so better learn quickly..

/SorroW

6. jrpeart

jrpeart Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    jrpeart
    Cyanide Username:
    jrpeart
    Country Flag:
    With average luck I reckon you'd have got at least a draw and possibly a win out of that match.

:skull::skull: was the only result that you wouldn't have scored in the first half and 3+ to score in the second should have seen you score at least one of those.

Between us we scored a grand total of 15 spp from the match. 1 cas, 1 td, 2 mvp.

With amazons, halflings and snotlings to beat up you should do better in the remaining games.

7. Valokiloren

Valokiloren Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    ʋǟʟ
    Cyanide Username:
    Valokiloren
    Country Flag:
    Commiserations Sorrow, but at least you can take solace in the fact that you get to face my 'flings later in the cup, as well as Pottsy's 'zons, so you still have a good chance of qualifying to the knock-out stages. It'll take a miracle for my team to beat your Dwarves, so don't worry about the stumbling start too much!

8. SorroW

SorroW Member

Country Flag:
    I have had many sad games.... But this one... it will always be remembered as "The game when I lost sll hope"

I play dwarfs this season to try them out a bit more and for the feeling of a little bit harder guys..

No such luck today...

I had 3 Dead Dwarfs. Yes... you read right. 3 dead. And 4 more was BH during the game.

One dead trollslayer got the MVP. And I think that I still haven't got a single skill on the team... and now I will face 4-5 matches before being up to "Starting team" standard.... lovely.

Sure I got to hurt a lot of snottlings.... but 3 dead dwarfs... and this season and probobly the next is down the fucking drain....

At the moment..... I feel absolutly no interest in playing this team... ever again.

Oh? the score... Sure it was 1-1...

/SorroW

9. SorroW

SorroW Member

Country Flag:
    Miracle delivered by Ill-lich's ogres...

/S

10. jrpeart

jrpeart Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    jrpeart
    Cyanide Username:
    jrpeart
    Country Flag:
    And I thought you had bad luck losing to me.

Nuffle must have just been warming up for this one. :mad:

11. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    This must be the first time I ever feel pity for the coach of a Dwarf team... nobody deserves to get that much of a nuffling so early in the teams career and so much SPP lost to boot.

You have my sympathy, Sorrow :(

12. Valokiloren

Valokiloren Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    ʋǟʟ
    Cyanide Username:
    Valokiloren
    Country Flag:
    Your next game is against my Halflings, Sorrow. Which... may not be the worst thing to happen to you, in terms of a recovery game. Still, no offence, but I'm hoping to plow through your team - if I can manage to qualify without technicality, I can prove that Halflings have what it takes to get somewhere in the Crunch Cup.

13. SorroW

SorroW Member

Country Flag:
    Bring the pain!!

And yeah.. if everything doesn't go like last match, it could do me good as a recovery game... But two MB trees.... I can already see the dead dwarfs.

Now. I have 100k golds.. Do I trust in my bad luck and go for an Apothecary? Or should I go and get me back my slayer? So I only have 2 loners next match?

What do you guys think?!

/SorroW, who needs all the help he can get.

14. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Either save the money so you can buy a loner if he gets MVP, or fritter it away on an apo and loose the MVP (but don't loose more valuable players) Your choice :p

15. SorroW

SorroW Member

Country Flag:
    Hmm thats actually a good point...

And Can I use the winnings from next match to buy the Loners from the match? or do I need to have the money before the match's winnings are counted?

Since I could go with an Apo... and have 50k of the 70 needed for a Linedwarf... and then it would be a good chance to actually being able to afford both an Apo and the Loner who gets the MVP (or who single handedly kills 5 halflings... ;-) )

/SorroW

16. Barninho

Barninho Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    You must have the money in the treasury before a game if you want to buy a loner.

17. SorroW

SorroW Member

Country Flag:
    hmmpf.. Back to hard choices then...

/S

18. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Yea, that's pretty annoying since it works in TT..

19. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    If you've got any player that has more than 5 SPP and you know has to be played recklessly or will be targeted by the Treemen or by halfling gang fouls, go with the Apo. Else I'd say keep the gold to be able to buy the loner with the most SPP.

20. SorroW

SorroW Member

Country Flag:
    Got no skills yet. So am leaning towards saving the cash and hope that no dwarfs die.

/SorroW