1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skaven Skaven at the Dutch open

Discussion in 'NAF Resurrection Tournament Tactics' started by Dr Rudolf von Richten, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Dr Rudolf von Richten

Dr Rudolf von Richten Member

Country Flag:
    So I'm going to another tournament, this time a bit more low key: the Dutch Open!

Standard 1100 TV Resurrection format, 6 matches, one normal skill added after each match, no more than one skill/player.

I'm going with Skaven, and I wonder what the best setup is:

a): 1 Ratogre, 2 Blitzers, 3 Gutter Runners, 1 Thrower, 5 linemen 3 Rerolls, 2 FF

b): 1 Ratogre, 2 Blitzers, 4 Gutter Runners, 1 Thrower, 5 linemen 2 Rerolls

c): 1 Ratogre, 2 Blitzers, 4 Gutter Runners, 1 Thrower, 4 linemen 2 Rerolls, 1 Apo

d): 2 Blitzers, 4 Gutter Runners, 1 Thrower, 5 linemen 4 Rerolls, 2 FF, 1 AC, 1 CL

e): 2 Blitzers, 4 Gutter Runners, 1 Thrower, 6 linemen 3 Rerolls, 1 APO

I guess it will be either a) or e), but I wonder what others think.

Furthermore, skills. Guard on at least one Blitzer, Tackle on the other? Wrestle or Tackle on one Gutter Runner? Block on at least one, maybe two Gutter Runners? Guard, Break Tackle or Juggernaught (or nothing at all) on the Rat Ogre (if I do take it)? Block or Accurate (or nothing) on the Thrower? These are my ideas, but again, I don't know, so any help would be appreciated, also on the order of skill-taking.

Thanks already! :)

2. Darkson

Darkson Member

Cyanide Username:
    Darkson
    Country Flag:
    I'm not saying it's the correct or only way to play, but I've alway found my tourney results with Skaven go better without the RO unless you can take a double for it.
    So with that in mind, that takes a)-c) out of the equation.

I think I'd take d), just for the reroll, but my experience with Apo's are scarred by all the times I used to fail the 2+ (LRB4 and earlier) - I know the chances with the newer version are better,so e) is probably the right choice. ;)

Skills...
    Blitzer - Guard
    Blitzer - Guard
    GR - Wrestle
    GR - Tackle
    GR - Side Step or Wrestle

Or if you're desperate for the 4th reroll, I'd drop the 3rd GR, and take Leader on the Thrower as a first skill.

3. Dr Rudolf von Richten

Dr Rudolf von Richten Member

Country Flag:
    Thanks! :)

So, no Rat Ogre eh? I see your point, though I might want to use him anyway, since I ain't painted that mini to not use! :p

About the skills, makes sense, though I fear it will leave me without Tackle for too long if I take that order of selection. Since we can choose at the moment we need to, and don't have to do so in advance like at the WC, I can see what I need at any particular time, of course.

4. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    Strip Ball on a Gutter Runner tends to be a commonly taken option.