1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyanide Skaven Inducement Advice

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Jav, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    I'm playing a match today where I am 320K lower in TV. I only have 12 players (1640 TV skaven) and he has 11 players with a loner dark elf lineman (1960 TV).

Obviously I'm taking a wizard. I would prefer more players with my low armor. This is Cyanide BB1, so inducements are limited.

My current bank is around 490K. I also have a cheerleader and assistant coach I could fire, but it doesn't seem to work well in any scenario.

Option 1: Wizard, apo, babe (20K left over, 12 players, 2 apos, babe)
    Option 2: Wizard, 2 induced linerats (10K left over, 14 players, 1 apo)
    Option 3: Wizard, buy 2 linerats, babe (20K leftover, -100K from Bank, 14 players, 1 apo, babe)
    Option 4: Wizard, 1 induced linerat, babe (40K leftover, 13 players, 1 apo, babe)
    Option 5: Wizard, 1 induced linerat, buy 1 linerat, babe (fire assistant coach, 0K leftover, 14 players, 1 apo, babe)

2. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    If he had been more bashy then option 2 would have been a given. In this case option 1 might be a possibility - but in that case I'd actually suggest option 6 (buy a linerat, induce an apo for the first gutter runner BH, and that wizard of course)

3. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    I'm not sure why I didn't list that one. I think I was wondering if buying the linerat would be better than a babe for keeping players on the pitch.

4. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    The babe will sometimes be magical, and usually make no difference at all. Same with apothecary (with the exception that apos work 100% if used on KO or BH). Meanwhile an extra linerat is 100% likely to eat up a punch or two that would otherwise have gone to someone else. :cool:

5. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    Well the match went pretty well. I did go with option 6 :)

The match started with me on defense and I got a blitz. Unfortunately the ball was deep. I was able to mark the ball carrier with my diving tackle gutter, but the next gutter I tried to run up rolled snake eyes on a dodge and my pre-turn ended. He got my diving tackler off, but was still in bad position. Unfortunately on turn 1 I tried a GFI with a linerat and rolled another snake eyes. Two before I even had turn 2!

He was still scrambling, and I he ended up with a lot of players on the pitch and 5 of them in a cage. So I fire-balled the cage and it knocked down all 5 players!

That sounds great, but when I picked up the ball with my thrower and tried to get the ball to a gutter for the score I rolled 2,2 on the throw and dropped the ball. He was able to pick it up and cage up again. I forced him back and forth a bit, and eventually he made a long pass in two tacklezones (without pass or accurate, but AG5) to a blitzer who caught the ball and ran two GFI's to score. Boo! I burned the wizard and still didn't keep him from scoring.

That was about the last thing that went wrong for me though. I scored a 1TTD on turn 8, and he started failing things in the second half. Final score was 4-1 for the Rat Taqueria! That should keep me in contention for promotion to the championship division of OCC next season. Still have work to do though!

6. Freeks

Freeks Member

Country Flag:
    After i got scammed twice by Wizard i rather take three 50k cards for extra mayhem :D

7. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    Unfortunately cards are not an option on Cyanide :( So I also don't have experience with them. But I grab a wizard pretty much any time I can with skaven unless I have no bench and a couple induced linerats makes more sense.

8. Freeks

Freeks Member

Country Flag:
    Damn, i was just thinking to buy BB2 from Steam. But cards might be too hard to implement. One of my favourites that i got on last game is the FullMoon one that turns all players in both teams to rookie Goblins for two turns :D It was fun to kick Treeman around the field as goblin.

I have never got any proper advantage from Wizard. Nor, my opponents had advantage it against me. One good use for wizard is when playing against Dwarves is to zap the Deathroller and then gang foul him out of the pitch. Might work or not. Skilled Deathroller is too strong to handle by other means.

9. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:

I don't even try. I just run away and try to isolate a dwarf or two away from the cage and attack it. Let them score and get the deathroller off the pitch that way. Then one turn on turn 8 and enter the second half tied. Simple :D