1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skill allocation advice II

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Nikolai II, Aug 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikko

Mikko Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Mikko
    Country Flag:
    Does juggernaut cancel wrestle if i dont use it to turn BD to PUSH?

2. Dionysian

Dionysian Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Yes. You're going to want to practise using it in an exhibition match against yourself though.

3. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    The practice is needed because you first have to turn on juggernaut in the popup window with all skills on it - and then you get a yes/no question about "Do you want to use juggernaut" and then you need to say "no". That way juggernaut is active, but doesn't turn :bothdown: to :pushback:.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  4. Mikko

Mikko Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Mikko
    Country Flag:
    thanks for the info guys :)

5. Phunbaba

Phunbaba Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Phunbaba
    Country Flag:
    It hasn't come up very often but when it has it's been good.

6. MC Tic Tac

MC Tic Tac New Member

Country Flag:
    Today in my club league both my wood elf throwers earned their second skills (both rolled a normal skill).

One is AG5 and the other is Leader.

I know I want a safety, and one as a dedicated passer so which one should be which.

AG5 with accurate would be a beast, but at the same time AG5 with surehands/dodge would be great for loose balls.

Decisions, decisions!

Roster: [​IMG]

7. Phunbaba

Phunbaba Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Phunbaba
    Country Flag:
    AG5 takes wrestle or leap and Leader takes accurate. AG5 is meant for attempting crazy BS plays. If he lives long enough I'd go wrestle leap dodge.

8. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Ag5 takes dodge. It is great for reaching any ball on the ground, and once you get it up you dodge out and pass for the score.

Later block, to protect some against the inevitable blitzes, as well as any fallout from failed pickups.Then you get options .. sure hands, safe throw, nerves of steel and accurate are all valid picks depending on how you find yourself using her.

9. jounisii

jounisii Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    jounisii
    Country Flag:
    I have a pro elf AG5 dodge/block defensive thrower like Niko is suggesting. The guy has turned many matches around by doing suicidal plunges to the loose ball and passing the ball to safety. With that build he can be used as a blitzer as well, if the situation is dire...

10. MC Tic Tac

MC Tic Tac New Member

Country Flag:

That I do like (It's how I use my AG 5 Warrior in my chaos team).

Suppose Accurate on the Leader makes him AG5 for passing, so I'm not missing out in that regard.

11. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    The one problem with these suggestions is that the guy with leader needs to play on defense so doesn't want accurate , strong arm and safe throw.

I would take accurate on the AG5 an only play him on offence.
    The Leader then gets dodge and become the safety.

Safe throw is also better on AG5 than AG4

If the AG5 becomes the safety then you need to sack the other thrower and replace him as your main passer doesn't want to play on defence so doesn't want leader.

12. jounisii

jounisii Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    jounisii
    Country Flag:
    I can see your points TYS. Especially w only 1rr that leader roll is often needed on D.

But then again, saving that leader for 1TTD after a cruelling 8 turn drive could turn matches around.

As the team developes and gets more rrs, that AG5 scrambler could be worth his weight in gold... No-one says that 2 throwers couldn't be employed during your defensive drives, especially before the team gets some more rrs. The roster is pretty slim, so the leader could be there anyways...

13. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    My wood elf teams usually play both throwers all the time. Woodies usually sideline a catcher on defence or a LOSbait on offence. Pretty soon into the game the bench is usually missing anyway..

14. Mikko

Mikko Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Mikko
    Country Flag:
    Does setting it on ask in the options do the the trick when you pick no when it asks about turning :bothdown: to :pushback:

15. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    It will always ask, for all what I know. Much like stab is an always ask thing, regardless of setting.

Still - "skill screen - click on Juggernaut to get the green x active"
    "popup question - yes to push, no to stand still (and cancel wrestle)"

16. nufflehatesme

nufflehatesme Member

Country Flag:
    5+5 on goblin pogoer.

sure hands, block, or ma?

17. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    Id say Sure hands or + MA, both fairly useful for the Pogo, Sure hands is slightly more useful in my opinion.

18. Tholomyes

Tholomyes New Member

Country Flag:
    I have a relatively simple question: I'm playing a Chaos Dwarf team, and I just rolled doubles on my Hobgoblin level up; I'm thinking I should just take Dodge, and keep it simple, but I'm looking to see if there's anything I'm missing. My Bull Centaur is my main Ball Carrier, so keep in mind, the Hobbo will probably only be a secondary ball carrier, or, more likely just cheap fodder.

The rest of my team is 6 Blockers (3 with Guard, 1 with Claw), 3 other Hobbos (none with skills), a Bull Centaur with Block, Break Tackle, and in one more TD, Sure Hands, and a Minotaur with no skills yet. I've got 4 Rerolls and an Apothecary for good measure.

So, yeah. I think Dodge is the obvious choice, but I want to make sure that I'm not missing anything.

19. dubbs

dubbs Member

Cyanide Username:
    dubbs
    Country Flag:
    I'd take dodge, then aim for block and sure hands and make him an aux ball carrier.

And buy another bull centaur :)

20. Tholomyes

Tholomyes New Member

Country Flag:
    Alright, Ended up Taking Dodge. And I know I should get another Bull Centaur, but I'm putting it off, since I don't want to inflate my team value too quickly. Probably a mistake, but since I've been doing so well, both with injuring and scoring, I don't want to add another 130 to my TV, when I'm already giving my opponent inducement money, and I don't want to give them too much.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.