Skill allocation advice II

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubbs

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
dubbs
Country Flag
I took a quick look - you're right, it's accurate. I've toyed around with a passing hobgoblin myself before, but I'd only really push through with it if I got +AG (and even then, I'd probably want Block as the first skill).

Eventually, I'd sack him, but you're low on funds right now... I guess I'd be inclined to hold onto him for now, as I really think your money should be going toward the 2nd Bull.

dubbs

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
dubbs
Country Flag
My Dwarf team revolves around dump off (2 throwers, 1 with dump off and wrestle, the other with block and +ag).

Dwarf Blitzer with +AG hits level 3 and gets a normal roll. Thoughts?

Edit: Here's the team right now:

ImageRoster.aspx

Last edited:

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
ImageRoster.aspx

Ok, I got a problem.

Ibrahim Goldawn got a double 5, so he can pick Move, Guard or Dump Off.

With Lauriala Vinetree on the team I'm not in that much of a hurry to get Dump Off, since I can keep the ball pretty deep or gather it up front fairly well.

I do only have one guard, and that is on a naked lineman, so it could go away at any time - that speaks for guard, it does.

And +move is just to get a better one-turner.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
I'm inclined to agree, unless anyone else says anything else.

Could probably be useful against Chaos, which is coming up next too. (As well as being useful long term)

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
Take guard, then sidestep and fend and you have a terror marker:powdodge:

My self would take the +MA as I prefer that on fast players, not so much for 1 turning but more for defence positioning:powdodge:

Dionysian

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I'd take the +MV. Not only are you over 33% more likely to roll double 1-4 for guard later than you are to get the +MV again, but you'd really want that +MV on a catcher whereas you have a lot more players to potentially roll the guard.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
My worries there is that he'll get too easy to score with, and I have one non-blodged and one un-bought catcher who need skilling up (as well as the wrestle one needing strip ball, and the unbought one wants to become a wrackler)

So since this one is basically done for now, I think he'd be more useful for the team as a guard than as a MV9. On the other hand I suppose a block +ST gutter runner isn't horribad either, and he'd be (slightly) less inclined to stick himself into fights.

Viajero

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
My WE team over at OFL has been so far enjoying an inducement bonanza given usual player losses etc. For the first 10 games or so I have been hovering below the 1650 mark with a significant part of my MVP going to loners or dead people, and since most of my opponents have been 1900+ TV I have been able to get Wizards and a virtual bench with Babes and/or extra mercs most times. This has worked tremendously well so far.

But now things are starting to change, I just rolled two 6+6 skill up on both a WD (Strip Ball, Dauntless) and a rookie catcher... If I take both +ST and given a few other recent skill ups my TV would skyrocket to close to 1800 with just 11 players. This would mean bye bye to Wizards for the most part in my remaining 5 games for the season, never mind the eventual play offs.

The roster at the moment is 10 piece plus loner:

Treeman: Block, Guard
WD1: MB, Tackle
WD2: Dauntless, Strip Ball, 6+6
Thrower: Rookie
Catcher1: Block, Sure Feet, Side Step, Diving Tackle, Guard
Catcher2: 6+6
Lino1: Block, Dodge, +AG, Leap, Sidestep
Lino2: Wrestle
Lino3: Kick
Lino4: Rookie
FF9, 3RR, Apo

TV including a JM:1680

Option 1: Take both +ST. Otherwise Nuffle will punish the team. My TV would be 1780 though and bye bye to Wizards.
Option 2: Take +ST in the WD and Guard in the rookie Catcher. At the moment I am seeing +ST WE Catchers as very bloated linos. ST3 MA8 is tremendous no doubt, but I think that a very mobile Guard may be even more useful in an environment as bashy as OFL no?
Option 3: Take Guard in both the WD and the Catcher. This will allow me to have a better chance to enjoy Wizards for the rest of the season as my TV would be instead only 1720. Plus 4 Guard in a WE team? OP.

What you reckon?

Last edited:

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
Strenght on the WD and something else on the catcher. Hopefully your catchers are not in contact with opponents that much and having the ST on him is a waste as you will almost always have some one better to blitz with:powdodge:

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Guard in both is a viable alternative - if you really think those 40 TV you are saving by that is what will make or break your team..

Else I'd say guard on the dancer and ST on the catcher. The catcher becomes a better defensive player with ST 3 (also a spare wardancer) while the dancer already has dauntless. Another option that goes well with block and strip ball would be juggernaut.

Silfuin

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Silfuin
Country Flag
A question from a rookie PC BB player (although old TT player): What happens when you sack a player?
I mean after already having used the team.
I undestood that you get no money but if the team is under 11 a loner plays in his stead, is it right?

And back to my DaE team, which I would like to bring to the CC: after the first match in CTA one lineman got a smashed ankle (-1 MA).
I am still low on gold and still need do buy Apo, third RR and the 2 witches before buying another Lino.
What do I do?
Keep him, or get a loner instead?
I would keep him, because it will be at least 9-10 matches before I could replace it and I wouldn't like all the eventual SPP fly out of the window with the loner, but I am also worried about the low movement.
What do I do?

Thank you.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
If you sack a player, the money does not return.

If you have less that 11 players coming to a game, you get free linemen until you get to 11 players. If you have money enough before the game to hire linemen, you get the option after the game to buy them (usually interesting if they MVP:d)

Linemen with -1 move are good enough to keep. Just put them on the LOS or generally make sacrificial goats of them until they die. Your other players can handle the moving and running and stuff. (And if he gets the MVP, being an elf he can easily pass himself to 6 SPP)

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
I would keep him for the moment.
-MA is alright for a guy on the line.
If he gets an MVP or Cas it is better than being on a loner.
If he is making a key block you can reroll it without worrying about loner.

You are right about sacking players once they have played a match.

akirilus

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
One of my werewolves from the OCC Necro team finally hit level 6, and now I have a choice to make. His current skills are: Block, Mighty Blow, Piling on, Jump Up.

My other wolf has Block, Dodge, Tackle, Mighty Blow.

At the moment there are only two skills in consideration - Dodge or Tackle. Tackle helps him be better at his primary job - killing things. Atm I hesitate using him against receivers because lack of Tackle means he might not get to use piling on to begin with, and has no dodge to disengage safely. Dodge helps him stay alive longer and run away if he gets into trouble. It also makes all 6 of my fast players Blodgers (both Wights rolled doubles and got Dodge). Atm I am leaning slightly towards Tackle, but would like to solicit some input. Thanks in advance :) .

Phunbaba

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Phunbaba
Country Flag
I'll back tackle

or my recommendation...

Dauntless so that he is better able to take those annoying opposing Big Guys down and out, or maybe their somewhat less bothersome st 4 brethren, and they are less likely to have dodge so it's a win-win. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.