1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tactics Skill allocation advice III

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Nikolai II, Jun 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Blocks, ss MA 10 does make for a fantastic ball carrier and I wouldn't want to use an MA 10 for attacking the bc that much so there's 2 arguments against wrestle. You can put tackle and dauntless on that block gutter and he'll still be pretty good for attacking the ball maybe give him leap later and you've got a little war dancer.

I think you should seriously consider sprint though, I've never built a natural one turner but I think they add a huge dimension to your team for the cost of just 20TV, 40 with sure feet.

2. Everblue

Everblue Active Member

Country Flag:
    Both the top tier UKBBL skaven teams have a natural one turner (one of them has two!).

3. crimsonsun

crimsonsun Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    crimsonsun
    Country Flag:
    One team had 3 at one point and both teams have some truly amazing rats in them, i've looked in awe of there scoring prowess multiple times!

4. Midros

Midros Member

Country Flag:
    True true. I usually carry with my thrower but leaving this one as a cage corner makes for an easy handoff and run perhaps. I'm not against giving her sprint at some stage but normally like to get them a blocking skill firt for survival. Either that or take sprint and leave her off the pitch on defence but then it's wasted tv. Maybe I'll just have to go with having three block runners.

Thanks for everyone's input

5. mrt1212

mrt1212 Member

Country Flag:
    Diving Tackle. You already have jump up!

Diving Tackle because when you get next so somone they either have to block you or not move.

Diving Tackle because if your block doesnt get an armor roll they aren't going anywhere.

6. 20phoenix

20phoenix Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    I dislike sprint - it offers nothing else to the team besides scoring which you can do anyway. The only time I ever wish I had sprint is on perfect defence KO rolls. I fully endorse the wrestle route - a MA10 gutter doesnt have to be block - I do prefer block but ensuring you've got some redundancy for your other wrestle gutter is important.

7. lawastooshort

lawastooshort Member

Cyanide Username:
    lawastooshort
    Country Flag:
    I got my first 3 (! I'm so pleased that Jim Morrison is getting replaced by Ray Manzarek!) Underworld level ups out of an admin win in UKBBL, including Lou Reed the blitzer. I was slightly tempted by Tackle, as the next 4 teams are halfling / wood elves / khemri / then lizardmen. He's on 10SPP. But it seems perverse to not take Mighty Blow?

Two goblins also levelled up (normals). Both have to be two heads, right?

8. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    It doesn't have to be 2 heads but that is the sensible choice.

MB is better than tackle against flings as you have a lot better chance of getting them off the pitch. Facing wardancers without tackle is annoying but dancers are annoying anyway as underworld.
    Take MB as he has a good chance of getting 6 SPP before you face the lizards. MB against AV 6 and 7 should cause injuries.
    That would then give you Claw for the Sauruses which is far more important than tackle for the skinks.

9. lawastooshort

lawastooshort Member

Cyanide Username:
    lawastooshort
    Country Flag:
    Thank you, that is very sensible :)

10. Antikas Karios

Antikas Karios New Member

Cyanide Username:
    Antikas Karios
    Country Flag:
    If I rolled 6-5 on the first ever level up on a Necromantic Wight should I take the +Agi?

I can see how it might be useful, but on the other hand Guard is just super important to get Asap and Wights tend to get SPP very slowly so I'm not sure if it is worth it.

11. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    I like having an agi 4 wight on Necro teams, gives you someone to pass the ball to wolves for a 2 turner, plus when he gets guard he'll be much better able to put it where it needs to go.

12. Ken

Ken Kenny the Mechanic

Country Flag:
    that's what she said

13. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
  14. Dionysian

Dionysian Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    block if he's a 60 minute man. - or would be with it. O only I guess KO return is okay though I'd probably take block anyway.

15. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    I went for a SH+KOR and he was a charm. He died on a :bothdown: at 30 SPP though, so I'm not rebuilding him right now. :p

16. PaloLV

PaloLV Member

Cyanide Username:
    PaloLV
    Country Flag:
    KoR is great. Can't say enough good things about it.

17. PaloLV

PaloLV Member

Cyanide Username:
    PaloLV
    Country Flag:
    So I got my first super star and it's my killer. He rolled a normal so I'm thinking Juggs or Guard. The final four opponents this season are Undead (1 wrestle), 2300ish TV Ogres, 2150ish TV Orcs (much more developed than mine with 5 stand firm and a sidestepper Orc along with like 6-7 MB and 6-7 guard), and Norse. So Juggs seems less appealing now. I'm definitely short on Guard.

[​IMG]

18. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    Thanks guys.

He is for of a Hobbo for a half (got a Blodge, Hobbo, a LOS rookie and a +Str., wrackle Hobbo for defense.)...so KOR it will be...

19. mrpier

mrpier Member

I would take Stand Firm to protect him better on the sidelines, also makes failed blocks against him more annoying. It's true you need more guard but I wouldn't take it on a frenzy/killer piece.

20. Gyasi

Gyasi Member

Cyanide Username:
    Gyasi
    Country Flag:
    L5 Catcher

Hey it's me again,

I recently levelled a Catcher to his 4th skill (all normal skills) and I'm running out of ideas of things to take.

He's the one I field on offense, and currently has blodge, DivingCatch, SideStep.
    I know I could take Fend for survival or Sprint for OTTD, or get something that could help on defense but I'm maybe missing something fun and underused.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.