1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tactics Skill allocation advice III

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Nikolai II, Jun 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ken

Ken Kenny the Mechanic

Country Flag:
    i'd skip the MA, he doesn't have break tackle so he's still easy to lock up, and he has jump up. take pro or break tackle

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  2. akirilus

akirilus Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    For me it's either Tackle or MA+. MA+ is always useful, even when he has jump up. Tackle lets him hit Blodgers at full effectiveness, and considering he already has Block and Multiple Block, it synergizes well. So I'd say Tackle if your tree blocks a lot, or MA+ if you use him more to take up space. Tackle has the extra benefit of making it slightly more risky to dodge away from the tree.

3. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Pro. Helps against rooting and triple skulls (or triple pow when he's helping out with the oneturning)

4. Midros

Midros Member

Country Flag:
    Ok people I have more GR levels here.

Current runners are
    wrestle/strip/agi
    block,+MV
    block/ss
    block

GRs 2 and 4 levelled and the one turner got doubles so I am thinking 2 heads to make her better at one turning or if not guard to give her a secondary job and more guard is always good. I don't play with her on the bench so having guard would be useful for her and the team although probably get her killed faster.

GR 4 rolled a normal so probably will just take ss and see what his next levels brings.

Any other things I should consider for the double?

Cheers, Mid

5. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    I think I'd stick with 2 heads, as it's a great skill for a one turner. Can't see anything else of much use for him other than that beyond Guard, but given his Ma 10 I would rather a skill that makes him more mobile than a skill that will most likely expose him more to the opposition.

6. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    2-heads one turner is awesome, so bloody unstoppable

7. MC Tic Tac

MC Tic Tac New Member

Country Flag:
    I went with pro on the tree in the end.

Now I have a 3 way pickle...

The 3 high lighted players have all just rolled doubles.....

[​IMG]

Wardancer with Strip ball and Juggernaut,

Thrower with AG5, dodge, surehands

Catcher with AG5 and block

As cool as all that is I'm not only wary of the costs of my players/team but also the risk of taking a double cos it's a double.

I'm thinking of either:

Tackle, Guard or Mighty Blow for the Wardancer

Block, Accurate, Strong Arm, Nerves of steel for the Thrower

Nerves of steel or Guard for the Catcher (Most likely guard).

Thoughts?

8. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Looks like a case of guard, guard and guard.
    (Thrower could skip double and go for accurate or block)
    (Had it been other dancer I'd have suggested Mighty Blow right away. It's still a fair pick since you'll be blitzing a lot with her to get use of the juggernaut, and she doesn't risk getting herself or her assist caught next to opponents killers)

9. MC Tic Tac

MC Tic Tac New Member

Country Flag:
    Well I found out I'm paying undead next, so its guard, guard, and block. He's got 5 guard but two are on Guardians so the tree can try to tie them down, and hes really lacking block/wrestle/tackle.

10. lawastooshort

lawastooshort Member

Cyanide Username:
    lawastooshort
    Country Flag:
    Apolgies for kind of repeating a question I posed in my UKBBL Underworld blog, but I just can't make up my mind. Well, I can, but it changes every day.

Lou Reed the Underworld Blitzer has Mighty Blow, and rolled a double for his second skill.

Dodge or Jump Up?

(only other skills on the team are a +AG linerat, a wrestle linerat, and 2 two headed cheesegoblins; I don't think there's much tackle left to play in the league)

11. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    From my own expirence with a Blitz-ra who rolled doubles first skill, jump up is very useful in the long run. The player causes casualities so frequently now he is MB, pile-on,jump up tackle. Getting a Underworld blitzer the Jump up to eventually get a Claw, MB, PO, JU, Blitzer should be amazing.

If you do go with jump up my opinion would be to go for pile on before claw unless you play a lot more higher AV teams than AV7 teams.

But I have never played Underworld much other than rookie teams so perhaps I am missing something about dodges uses on the team.

12. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    I would go with Jump up and then PO next like Street says. I think you will get more mileage out of that than Dodge.

13. akirilus

akirilus Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Jump Up. If he were skaven, it would be Claw. But you can take Claw on a normal roll, so Jump Up puts you on a path towards Tackle/CPOMB/Jump Up.

P.S. I am not familiar with UKBBL, but my advice assumes it's perpetual, like Big Crunch or OCC. If it's a one-time league, take Dodge hands down. Or even Claw if you have to play dwarves in the playoffs.

14. lawastooshort

lawastooshort Member

Cyanide Username:
    lawastooshort
    Country Flag:
    It is perpetual, and it will be Jump Up. Dodge was like the dark corner gnawing on my mind but now I have clearly seen the light. Thanks everyone!

15. Ken

Ken Kenny the Mechanic

Country Flag:
    jump up, you will be very very happy when you then take PO

16. Rama Set

Rama Set Member

Cyanide Username:
    Rama Set
    Country Flag:
    Dark Elf blitzer with +AG just got second skill and rolled doubles. I am thinking either guard or MB and am leaning towards MB since I use him a lot for blitzing due to high mobility. Thoughts?

17. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Guard for me. Ag 5 means that he can get the Guard into key spots, especially once he has picked up Leap later on.

18. SovereignStrike

SovereignStrike Member

Cyanide Username:
    SovereignStrike
    Country Flag:
    If it's not in OCC, pick guard. Otherwise pick Nerves of steel (AWESOME combo)

19. Rama Set

Rama Set Member

Cyanide Username:
    Rama Set
    Country Flag:
    I was thinking that as well. Guard it is! Thanks Delf Guru!

20. lawastooshort

lawastooshort Member

Cyanide Username:
    lawastooshort
    Country Flag:
    Hello!

Ray Manzarek, Underworld Thrower, got double 6 for his first skill! I can't imagine not taking the +ST, but what should I do with him from now on??

Also, Nancy Sinatra, AG4 Underworld Linerat, got both a -MV and her second skill, a normal. Just wrestle?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.