1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tactics Skill allocation advice III

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Nikolai II, Jun 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crimsonsun

crimsonsun Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    crimsonsun
    Country Flag:
    My Big Crunch Dark Elves had 3 Blitzers to level this week, 2 had Dodge already while one was a rookie. I got a double and a Ag increase on the Lvl 3 Blitzers and a Double on the Rookie. So I went Guard, +ag & Guard. Was that the right thing to do as its just pushed my 10 player squad up to just under 1300 in Tv?

2. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    It is what I would have done. AG5 dodge is great and all the blitzers want guard.

3. JimmyFantastic

JimmyFantastic Member

Country Flag:
    I would have taken MB on the rookie Blitzer, but yeah you had to take the doubles and AG. Bloat and stunted development can be a factor with some teams and positions but DE Blitzers are almost finished straight out of the box and love stats and doubles.

4. 20phoenix

20phoenix Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    I would completely ignore break tackle for that troll. Its just asking for trouble. I actually took guard before SF but thats more because I took guard second with tents third. In the order you have done it SF is the way forward.

5. JimmyFantastic

JimmyFantastic Member

Country Flag:
    Guard or SF for the Troll depending on the rest of the team.

6. Valokiloren

Valokiloren Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    ʋǟʟ
    Cyanide Username:
    Valokiloren
    Country Flag:
    Have gone with the consensus and taken Stand Firm; mainly because I'm not overly reliant on Guard - I have to make do without most of the time. So much so that I've got quite good at finding supports without, especially when I can get a goblin in for that very often. If I'm right I can place it on toggle so that in situations where I would actually like to be moved (not often but they do occur), I can then say "no" to Stand Firm.
    @Crim: I'd personally have taken MB on the Lvl 3 Blitzer over Guard, but that's a personal opinion on Guard not being quite as great is it is put over, and then you've got someone who is slightly better at bashing.

Regardless, nothing wrong with those choices - just pray to our lord and saviour, Nuffle, also known as our Ruthless Nasty God, that they don't get injured.

7. Tjorne

Tjorne Member

Cyanide Username:
    .marXman. (BB1), Tjorne (BB2)
    Country Flag:
    You can do that. I have set it to "always ask" and sometimes my opponents are quite surprised when my Flesh Golems move. :) Also nice for setting up Frenzy traps, though with STR5 that will not happen often, I suppose.

8. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    The only thing is you won't get asked on a chain push, so if you know you want to chain push a sf player you have to select that player before making the block, double click on the skill and turn it off. Useful to be able to do occasionally.

9. crimsonsun

crimsonsun Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    crimsonsun
    Country Flag:
    but can be a frantic effort of key bashing to attempt it fast enough during your opponents turn when you see the chain push coming...

10. jounisii

jounisii Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    jounisii
    Country Flag:
    Right, you might have heard certain someone to complain about his wussie team. But here's one wussie roster he rather likes. Team plays in cKnoor community's Legacy Bash tourney atm.

But the question: ST3 WD rolled dubs. Initial feeling is guard. But that would mean putting her closer to frontlines. Jeopardizing her health and safety. Opinions?

[​IMG]

11. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Well, it's either Guard or Strip Ball, and in this case Guard might still be better, for the future when you might not have your other guard or the ST4 dancer.

Possibly Stand Firm or Sidestep, since I prefer to get a positioning skill at level 4.

12. notafunhater

notafunhater Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    Pile On! Or to be more underhanded, Juggernaught and then Strip Ball afterwards. Not even a both down will stop you from popping it loose at that point.

I probably wouldn't put Guard on a WarDancer to be honest. Too expensive a piece.

13. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    3 +st and 1 +ag, standard jounisii ;)

14. JimmyFantastic

JimmyFantastic Member

Country Flag:
    PO for the WD

15. jounisii

jounisii Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    jounisii
    Country Flag:
    Thanks for your advice, guys. I'm still mulling this over. That juggs would be pretty outside the box choice and I'm tempted to try it out just for laughs. There would be other benefits besides that SB thing nota mentioned. Clearing lanes to upfield would be easier for example. Wrestle thing, even possibly helping 1TTDs.

And TS, I don't know what you mean :D

16. notafunhater

notafunhater Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    Show Stoppers! in the BC, Pro elf team.

My third catcher has rolled a double as his first level. I already have a MB catcher and a wrestler. What do I take? Guard? Another MB? I have no Guard on the team as of yet.

17. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I'd take guard.
    Block catchers get guard , wrestle ones get MB.
    Since you already have a MB take guard on this one.

18. lawastooshort

lawastooshort Member

Cyanide Username:
    lawastooshort
    Country Flag:
    My next - and possibly last - match for my private league Underworld is a final, against +300TV wood elves. So short-term anti-elf suggestions are probably what I'd prefer.

The ST4 Wrestle linerat rolled a double to get to level 4. MB, Tackle or Strip Ball? I favoured Strip Ball before it came out doubles.

The ST4 Mighty Blow blitzer levelled up with just a normal. Piling On or Tackle? If I wasn't possibly only going to play Elves next it was planned to be Claw.

Something else?

(I also have a Wrestle/Tackle/MB linerat, a Block MB thrower, and some other levels here and there to get to TV1600 including MB blitzer and Claw/Tentacles troll).

19. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I would go for tackle on the linerat and Piling On on the blitzer.

A 1900 TV woodie team is going to have a decent thrower so the only time you are going to get close to the ballcarrier is if you lose the ball on your drive.
    Tackle will be far more relevant and a 2D wrackle hit will knock the ball free 75% of the time anyway. ( 94% with reroll ).
    The blitzer can hit the non dodge players and your wracklers can go for the dancers and catchers.

20. Borke

Borke Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Borke
    Country Flag:
    Completely agree on the Lineman, ST4/Wrackle is a brilliant one rat safety.

For the Blitzer, under normal circumstances I'd want Claw, as he wants to be hitting ST4 players and big guys. You could even give that one Guard eventually. However, since your other Blitzer is low level and you want a short term solution, PO seems like a good choice.

As for the general strategy, I think you need to go for player removal if you want to win. That Wrackle/MB Lineman is going to be key, try not to expose him too much. I would base a lot of his players in this game, both to restrict the Woodies' movement and force errors, but also to maximize the number of blocks you throw. I haven't seen the opposing roster, but I imagine that with 5 MB, you clearly have the upper hand in that department. Base the dodge-less elves with MB, blitz the dodgy elves with your elf killer rat, and pray to Nuffle for good 2d rolls ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.