1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tactics Skill allocation advice III

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Nikolai II, Jun 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    All those skills are pretty borderline. Fend seems to be your best option. Another possibility is to take kick and fire your kicker (assuming that's his only skill)

2. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Kickoff return for the possible free catch rolls to start the drive is also an option, together with kick and fend.

3. Midros

Midros Member

Country Flag:
    Yeah I guess the appeal for having a separate kicker is I don't have to use this guy on defence. Then again I would save some tv with having just one but I don't think I'd just fire the kicker now as he's 4spp from level 3. Prob kor or fend I guess. Kor also helps somewhat for the 1ttd as even with agi 3 he's still the safest option to get the ball too Inkeyes.

4. Midros

Midros Member

Country Flag:
    Silly git was meant to roll doubles or a stat increase :p

5. lawastooshort

lawastooshort Member

Cyanide Username:
    lawastooshort
    Country Flag:
    My Underworld Block / MB thrower got +AG, so I took it.

Was I wrong?

As soon as I clicked I thought, gah – it doesn’t quite help him do what he was developing towards (i.e. Claw or Tackle), but… +AG.

6. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Of course it was right.

Tackle next before claw and he's a safety against elves and dodgy gits, or frenzy then horns for punching people over the sidelines. Or still claw, but he's better at blitzing killers since he can try to dodge away if stuck on a BD.

Plus he's better at handling the ball, whenever that's needed.

7. lawastooshort

lawastooshort Member

Cyanide Username:
    lawastooshort
    Country Flag:
    Thanks! That's the positive answer I needed as I was having Doubts (and lost a cup final vs wood elves 2-1 last night because I did a GFI when I didn't need to :( )

Think I agree on Tackle then Claw next - not sure about Frenzy because I have a ST4 POMB Blitzer who might take it after Claw. Perhaps.

8. Ken

Ken Kenny the Mechanic

Country Flag:
    tackle is a must have skill on one of your blitzer/pseudo-blitzers on an UWD team. i'm surprised it's not a second skill on one already (mb/claw and mb/tackle are my defaults for blitzer 1 and blitzer 2)

9. lawastooshort

lawastooshort Member

Cyanide Username:
    lawastooshort
    Country Flag:
    Apologies for straying off topic slightly.

My second blitzer’s been very slow levelling (just MB in 20 matches) but is due to get Tackle – the linerats haven’t been slow at all though, so one is an elf blitzer with Wrestle, Tackle, and Mighty Blow and the other is Wrestle, Tackle, and ST4.

10. Ken

Ken Kenny the Mechanic

Country Flag:
    the linerats are awesome, fire the blitzers! :lol:

11. Olive Baboon

Olive Baboon Member

Cyanide Username:
    Big Grudge
    Country Flag:
    Lineman (str 4, block) from my BC high elf team rolled first doubles of the team (5+5). I'm torn between guard and MB. Lineman is not my usual pick for blitzing duty so that speaks for the guard. The team is also really light on dodge also. So skip the doubles and go for dodge?

Any suggestions what I should do?

My next match is against Silfuins woodies.

12. TravelScrabble

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Guard all the way, str 4 guard is awesome in a scrum

13. jounisii

jounisii Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    jounisii
    Country Flag:
    Well, this horrible outfit

[​IMG]

will meet this team in a pretty important match.

[​IMG]

A couple of opinions, please. +AG catcher rolled another AG (hi TS :) ). He would be pretty good at getting into tight places in a match like this, but I'm not sure. Another thing: I know I will get rid off Chernobyl at some point. It just has been ages since I last had another lvl3 WD. Is this the moment to release her (and I know what Jimmy is gonna say :p )? I'll probably do some hiring anyways. And there is nothing but this match for the team. This match is all that matters.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  14. TravelScrabble

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Wow you're down a lot of players, so yeah release Chernobyl and get a new wardancer and yes pick up the agi 6, honestly its more useful than anything else that player can get. Hire a bench and then think about throwing enough petty cash into the bank to counter the wizard you're likely going to be giving away OR don't hire a bench and stay just under the wizard mark, but I would do the former.

15. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    Agreed with Guard for the high elf linemen.

As for the woodies, I would replace Chernobyl now, the other having tackle stripball already means I see no reason not too, plus an unskilled Wood elf war dancer is pretty good on its own so you want both when you can.

And as for the AG or not. I don't know how useful AG6 is myself.

16. jounisii

jounisii Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    jounisii
    Country Flag:
    Well, AG6 catcher can pretty much walz through the lines. I've faced one (helf) and it was basically useless to mark him if you wanted to prevent a score. Unless you really overcommitted to the task.

17. TravelScrabble

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Yeah that's the thing, plus they're awesome ball retrievers on defense, all in all pretty useful

18. JimmyFantastic

JimmyFantastic Member

Country Flag:
    MB for the Elf. Every team benefits from having a dedicated damage dealer and S4 guy is great for it as he won't need assists a lot of the time. Plus by taking MB early you can maybe get PO later.
    He doesn't have Blodge yet so Guard is not as good as it could be, though of course S4 Blodge Guard would be great when/if he skills again.

19. Midros

Midros Member

Country Flag:
    It doesn't matter if you hire a bench Jounisi. Archon is happy to have more elves to feed on ;)

20. Kaz

Kaz Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Kazman29
    Country Flag:
    I sure miss that ag6 catcher! One man wrecking crew, not to mention making diving tackle useless and catching around all that Nurgle stink A breeze.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.