1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tactics Skill allocation advice IV

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Nikolai II, Apr 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    So she'd be ma 10 agi 5? Yes take it you insufferable stat hog then laugh at how easy it is to one turn. I mean I know you have that MA 9 catcher, but MA 9 ain't MA 10 and it ain't agi 5 either. Plus she's already blodged.

As for the tree you now how it is, block pro or jump up, I like block myself.

2. Arthur Wynne

Arthur Wynne Member

Country Flag:
    Guard. 2+ leaping blodge Guard is amazing. On the tree you take Block.

3. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    My Delves keep those doubles coming. This time my Dodge, Guard Runner gets the 2 fours. Was supposed to be block...should i go MB now?

Thats off the first win of the season. Sitting on 1-3-0 with some very nasty chorfs coming up.

4. jounisii

jounisii Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    jounisii
    Country Flag:
    Thanks for your input, TS and Arthur. Gonna still contemplate.

But 1 more thing I happened to forget. Shell took his 3rd smashed ankle. But still MA6. Kinda logical since both of his ankles are already busted :D Just for you peeps to know...

5. Arthur Wynne

Arthur Wynne Member

Country Flag:
    I'd ignore the double and take Block anyway. (Well, actually I'd probably take something silly like Nerves of Steel, but if I were trying to be sensible, I'd take Block.) If you're going to field AV 7 players, particularly if you want them to be running around and lending Guard assists, you want to Blodge them up as soon as possible.

6. jounisii

Cyanide Username:
    jounisii
    Country Flag:
    Here's something out of the box for EMO runner: stand firm. I guess ST access is their dubs so that's the best one I could think of. Cons: implies getting hit, not the place you really wanna be with AV7 (or so say the big crowd with no cojones :p). Pros: combos well with guard. But here's the thing: I fucking hate when I have to go for sidecage. The risk is pretty big against many teams. EMOs being a running team and all. SF pretty much negates that.

That dude is going for defensive support piece build imho. And the breakaway piece. With his guard nasty TZs are easier to remove.

SF would be an intersting choice but I totally understand if you wanna go with block.

7. Arthur Wynne

Arthur Wynne Member

Country Flag:
    Now there's a fun idea!

8. notafunhater

notafunhater Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    I would take 10MV on a 5agi Wardancer in a heartbeat. One push and you can one-turn, and with 5agi leap you can basically just not roll 1 and you one-turn, every time. Ridiculous.

Block on the tree unless it's a 5+5, when I would definitely consider +MV instead. Not having to roll to stand up is money.

9. notafunhater

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    As for the runner, either block or SF is indeed a fun idea, but one likely to get him killed faster. If you use him to actually throw, you could take Strong Arm, but it's not really needed generally.

10. Arthur Wynne

Arthur Wynne Member

Country Flag:
    I wouldn't bother with Strong Arm - you could take Accurate instead on normals, which is a better skill for less TV. On a Dark Elf runner I wouldn't take both, so Strong Arm is pointless. (And I speak from experience here -I took Strong Arm on an AG 5 runner and have regretted it ever since.)

11. Limdood

Limdood Well-Known Member

Near Chicago, Illinois - in the United States of A
    Country Flag:
    What to do with an AG5 witch elf (as the first levelup)? ballhawk, i'm thinking, with wrestle/strip ball...but i really worry about frenzying after dodging into a cage, any suggestions?

this is the same team with the AG5 MV8 runner and guard blitzer (and now a guard lino too).

I'm quite familiar with normal skillups for elf teams, as well as what to do with an AG5 blitzer. I just worry that frenzy is going to cause more turnovers than the AG5 helps...

12. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    You don't need to leap into the cage if you don't want.
    AG5 just helps you get wherever you need to go.
    Have you ever played with Roxanna Darknail?
    She is the queen of surfing as with the standard chevron defence she can just leap over and surf the guy nearest the sideline.
    You really need a guard sidestep blitzer to make the best use of that strategy though.

13. jounisii

Cyanide Username:
    jounisii
    Country Flag:
    Here's a thing which amazes me over and over and over again. How the fuck come peeps think that strip ball is a good ball hawk skill? Especially at higher levels it's usefullness is diminished greatly. Tackle is the skill to take for hawks...

14. Limdood

Limdood Well-Known Member

Near Chicago, Illinois - in the United States of A
    Country Flag:
    how many elves take sure hands? or chaos teams? Even the other teams, a non-sure hands player often ends up with the ball

15. laxrulz777

laxrulz777 New Member

Cyanide Username:
    Seminole Sun
    Country Flag:
    Also, strip ball improves your odds more than tackle. High high risk. High reward. I agree that tackle is more broadly useful though.

16. Arthur Wynne

Arthur Wynne Member

Country Flag:
    IMO, you don't do anything differently, except take Leap earlier than you otherwise might. Go Block -> Leap -> Tackle and laugh maniacally about how easily you can dodge and leap around.

17. notafunhater

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    I'm not a fan of wrestle on witches after trying it out on my OCC DaE team. I would always build them block/sidestep/tackle, with a leap in there if they roll +agi or +str along the way. My superstar Witch I took Leap on despite only having agi4 (though she is ST4, which changes a lot of things), and I can't count the number of cages she's broken by leaping into them. She's block/sidestep/+STR/leap/tackle. Only thing she's missing is MB or Juggs.

18. jounisii

Cyanide Username:
    jounisii
    Country Flag:
    Many of those teams do have that (SH), at least my teams do. If they don't, well... they deserve to lose in some way or anĂ³ther. I don't wanna base my high TV game on the supposition that oppo doesn't have SH...

19. Werebat

Werebat Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Werebat
    Country Flag:
    Underworld team. One of my linerats just died and was replaced by a newbie level 1 linerat with no skills.

The other one, who has Wrestle/Dodge, just rolled doubles a second time.

What to do? I have no Tackle on my team, and sorely need it - plus it brings him one step closer to Strip Ball - but feel funny about passing up a double. But what else to take?

Guard? I have none of that yet.

Sidestep? Seems like it would increase this guy's survivability and maybe make him better at marking dodgy catchers once he DOES get Tackle.

Something else? Leap (and then Long Legs)?

20. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Eh I like stripball, I like tackle too, I try to have one of each on my ball hawks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.