1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tactics Skill allocation advice IV

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Nikolai II, Apr 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    First double should have been MB, then PO now and Claw next level.. you're playing UW dammit :p

But some like dodge on linerats, for two heads later on. So guard now, two heads (or ag) next level and he's a great support player to let your blitzers do what they are supposed to do best.

2. Arthur Wynne

Arthur Wynne Member

Country Flag:
    Amazon Linewoman with Block just reached level 3 and rolled normals. I don't know what to take next really - Kick? Dauntless? Tackle? My next match will be against Chaos Dwarves who out-Guard me 5 to 1 because of some inconvenient injuries, so I'd like it to be something useful for that match-up.

3. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    Kick or Fend would both be usefull against Chorfs

4. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Dauntless is good too

5. Tjorne

Tjorne Member

Cyanide Username:
    .marXman. (BB1), Tjorne (BB2)
    Country Flag:
    Categories, my Chaos team from Crunch Cup:

[​IMG]

Limitation, my Block Guard Warrior has a level up (5+6).
    I think Agi is out of question, so I'm looking for a normal skill.

Usually MB would be called for. However, I have to look at the next games in the Calendar...
    Next up is Underworld with a MB Claw Stormvermin and a Claw Troll. Then Orcs with several MB.

I don't have any Tackle, so that may be an option against UWD. MB is still good as I can hope to remove both Troll and SV, particularly because I only have one other MB and one Claw (and not on the same beast...). I also thought about SF; this may give me blocks back on the SV, help with positioning against the Orcs and generally annoy my opponents, which is always nice.

What does your collective wisdom say here?

6. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    Why is AG out. It makes repositioning the guard easier.
    If not that it needs to be MB.
    There is no point taking claw before MB.
    Tackle wants to be on the goats as they are more mobile and you need the warriors ST and guard tied up in the middle of the scrum.
    Stand Firm is nice but you really need more MB.

7. SovereignStrike

SovereignStrike Member

Cyanide Username:
    SovereignStrike
    Country Flag:
    Take that AG! 5449 Block guard is very awesome

8. Tjorne

Tjorne Member

Cyanide Username:
    .marXman. (BB1), Tjorne (BB2)
    Country Flag:
    Thanks for the opinions so far:powdodge: You really got me thinking.
    So... you really mean Agi is a good idea here?
    I'm sure it helps with repositioning, but with MA5 its use is limited. He won't play the ball except in desperate situations. On the other hand he already does have the basic skills (Block, Guard) so I won't keep him from anything crucial. Except MB and SF... and Claw...

Any more opinions on this?

9. JimmyFantastic

JimmyFantastic Member

Country Flag:
    MB then Claw then PO. Not worth diverting from that for AG.

10. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    Fear of the Chorfs saw me take the safe Block now lets see if we can stay alive... :)

Thanks for the advice.

11. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    My OCC Skaven team (10 games into its life), had two gutters level up last match and both rolled doubles.

My team isn't very developed. I have a wrestle/kick linerat, a STR4 SV, an accurate/safe throw thrower, and everyone else is level 1 but some of the gutters.

1 rookie gutter
    1 wrestle / +MA gutter
    1 block/SS gutter (just leveled, rolled 2,2)
    1 block gutter (just leveled, rolled 3,3)

I'm pretty set on at least one of them getting guard. I'm not sure if I want to go guard on the second, or two heads to get some easier movement when I really need to run through tacklezones. At this point I would prefer at least one +AG gutter :)

Thoughts on the skills? If i did go two heads on one, which one would be better? 2 heads on the SS guy could help with one turns when needed, but the +MA gutter might be the target for those as well...

12. laxrulz777

laxrulz777 New Member

Cyanide Username:
    Seminole Sun
    Country Flag:
    I'd take the two headed on the block/ss guy... if you later roll +AG on the "wrong" one it's not like you're going to be upset or anything
    Guard sounds pretty good on the other one... that even makes a potential +AG later good on him (repositioning your Guard easily is a pretty nice capability... )

13. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I'd go for guard on both.
    If I did take a 2 heads it would be on the block one as sidestep and guard go really well together while the block 2 heads one would have an extra chance of getting another double or stat.

14. TravelScrabble

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    I'd actually take guard on both. Two heads is awesome but you really want it on a wrestle guy. If you;re set on it get it on the block guy and hope you roll another for big hand.

15. TravelScrabble

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    TYS beat me to it :)

16. laxrulz777

laxrulz777 New Member

Cyanide Username:
    Seminole Sun
    Country Flag:
    Good point about the SS/Guard synergy. A lot comes down to how much he's going to be asked to carry the ball and if you're having trouble scoring. My point was just to not let the lack of a +AG roll influence your decision too much.

17. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    I think you guys are probably right, and guard on both is likely optimal. I chose to pick two heads on the SS guy for now though, just because I want somebody that can run through tackle zones. Nuffle will probably kill my guard gutter next match :)

18. Arthur Wynne

Arthur Wynne Member

Country Flag:
    Rookie amazon thrower got doubles for her first skill. Having more Guard -especially on ball carriers, and especially on players without S access on normals- is always good, but I hesitate to put Guard on an AV 7 positional without Block. It invites violence with extreme prejudice, as my last Guard thrower learned. But I don't think there are any better Double choices for a zon thrower? So Guard, Block or Sure Hands? Probably not Sure Hands, but it's a skill I always try to get on my ball carrier, and in this case I've got wood elves with a Strip Ball wardancer in the pipeline, so all three would be useful in my next match.

19. Regor

Regor Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    first of all my hobgoblin dumb-dumb say sorry!
    I think block is more secure for your amazon thrower, when i study your roster i saw that weak spot was your thrower without block (True u won the game anyway!)

20. Arthur Wynne

Arthur Wynne Member

Country Flag:
    Block wouldn't have done very much good in that case -you can't Block a boot to the head!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.