1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tactics Skill allocation advice IV

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Nikolai II, Apr 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Regor

Regor Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    sure, but in my opinion when u see a amazon without block you going try to blitz him and then make a foul (AV7), with block maybe your amazon didn't fall to the ground

2. Arthur Wynne

Arthur Wynne Member

Country Flag:
    It's a bit different when you're facing Dwarves or Chorfs -but it's definitely a good point in general!

3. JimmyFantastic

JimmyFantastic Member

Country Flag:
    Yeah Guard. Easy to score a few and get Block later.

4. Arthur Wynne

Arthur Wynne Member

Country Flag:
    Okay, Guard it is!

5. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Guard here would be a long term pick, for block next and maybe kick after that. (or sure, sure hands)

Meanwhile get another thrower in a while for the sure hands and block and then kickoff return.

6. Znarx

Znarx Courier Staff

Cyanide Username:
    Znarx
    Country Flag:
    Armor-busted Wood Elf Catcher with Guard (and no other skills) just got doubles on a levelup. Given the amror break, this player probably doesn't have long to live anyway, but I may as well try to get use out of him in the meantime. On a more developed player, I might take Mighty Blow or Nerves of Steel as a second double, but without Wrestle/Block, neither of these seem that appealing yet. Should I just take Wrestle/Block, or is there something else that makes sense?

I also have an AG5, Dodge, Wrestle lineman. He hasn't leveled up yet again, but I was curious what people usually do with AG5 players on Wood Elf teams. He's obviously quite valuable for picking up the ball in tackle zones. Should I look to take Leap to get him places that would be hard to get to otherwise? Or Sure Hands for saving team rerolls when he's picking up in tackle zones? I don't have any Sure Hands players yet, but my War Dancers are pretty nice, so having a third Leap player would be nice, but isn't critical.

7. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    Not sure about the first one. But leap or tackle on the 2nd one sounds good i think.

8. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    Block, stand firm kroxigor rolled 5+5.

I wanted guard, but now don't know. Pro? Dodge to be even harder to knock down? Tackle? Ignore double for guard? None of the above?

My next, and last cc match, is against some horrible high elves; though I don't want a skill for just that game.

9. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    If you like to block with him and reposition him a lot then Pro.

If you like to just get him somewhere good and give assists then ignore for guard.

Not really fond of dodge on big guys myself, unless maybe it was on a ST6, two heads break tackle minotaur for dodging into cages.

10. jrpeart

jrpeart Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    jrpeart
    Cyanide Username:
    jrpeart
    Country Flag:
    As an out of the box suggestion how about Diving Tackle for a -3 to dodges away from him.
    Otherwise your sensible options are Dodge (follow up with BT at some point), Tackle, or Pro.

I'd definitely be taking the double and almost certainly wouldn't be taking Pro, but then I'm not a big fan of Pro.

11. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    I was just about to say I try to use him mostly as a roadblock, but then went back and looked at the numbers. In 13 games (cant find replay for 14th game) he has rolled Bone Head 149 times, and blocked 97 times. :oops:

I would like to think I would change the way I use him if I went with Guard, but I'm not sure that I can.

12. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    I considered Diving Tackle, but do I really want him falling over on his own? If I went the Anti-Agility route I would like Tackle better, -1 and no Dodge roll to everyone around him rather than -3 to just one guy; then have to roll Bone Head to stand up again.

EDIT: Thanks to Street and yourself for suggestions so far. There are some interesting choices here.

13. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Well, if you do the roadblocking right, he doesn't even need to roll "really stupid" for it, since he's already in the right place..

14. Znarx

Znarx Courier Staff

Cyanide Username:
    Znarx
    Country Flag:
    On the Krox, depending on what your Sauruses look like and what teams you're playing in the division, I would either take Guard, or Dodge. If you take dodge, then you really want to take Break Tackle the next level up. Even without Break Tackle, dodge will help the Krox stay on his feet. Break Tackle + dodge gives you a very good chance to reposition if that's better than just blocking the player who's marking him. With break tackle, he can dodge into a cage on a 5+ roll, which is 55% with the automatic reroll from dodge. You would only do that in emergency situations, but it would be nice to have the option.

15. Znarx

Znarx Courier Staff

Cyanide Username:
    Znarx
    Country Flag:
    I also think that Diving Tackle really isn't that good on a Krox, especially one that already has Block. Your skinks can get DT on normal rolls, and they don't have a lot of other skills, so you're going to end up with several DT skinks regardless. Tackle will help you get knockdowns on dodgy players, which you want since the Krox has MB. And as mentioned, force the opponent to expend team rerolls on failed dodge attempts. I probably would still take Dodge, but I'm not very good at positioning, so I rely on Break Tackle a lot to help me reposition my Sauruses. If you're good at positioning, Tackle might be better.

16. Arthur Wynne

Arthur Wynne Member

Country Flag:
    Block on the Catcher. It's better than Wrestle since it keeps him upright to use his Guard (and not get fouled). No double is better than that. (You _could_ take nerves of steel if you're pass-happy, but I wouldn't. It just invites people to brutalize him.)
    Leap on the Lineman, then Sure Hands next. Protect him like you would a positional, he's effectively an honorary Wardancer with a build like that.

17. magnus

magnus Active Member

Country Flag:
    I suspect something is amiss with those stats? If not, he is clearly the most stupid krox in all of blood bowl, and deserves nothing else than to be fired! :D We are talking less than 0.0001% here, below one in a million, if it is in occ you sure deserve the unlucky 13 award!

18. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    b
    I think sbr means rolled for bonehead - not rolled bonehead, i.e. his krox has taken 149 actions and only 97 have been blocks (which isn't that bad, sometimes you have to reposition him after all).

19. Tjorne

Tjorne Member

Cyanide Username:
    .marXman. (BB1), Tjorne (BB2)
    Country Flag:
    Aaand my Categories again.

[​IMG]

Inherence got 5+5,
    Possibility got a normal roll
    and Subsistence got a normal roll.

Next game is the last of the CC season and against Orcs. Not sure if they will see another season after that (CC might migrate to BB2...), but I would like to plan long term, nonetheless.

Possibility is probably easiest with MB.
    Subsistence takes Block or SH probably, but that may depend on Inherence's choice...
    Inherence is the hardest one here. I'd really like to blodge him up, but MV is just so good on a dodge beast, and he could pair up nicely with Subsistence. I don't see a good point for doubles here... maybe JU, but it's not great at this point of development.

Any comments or suggestions?

20. jrpeart

jrpeart Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    jrpeart
    Cyanide Username:
    jrpeart
    Country Flag:
    For me it would be MV, MB, Block for those 3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.