1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tactics Skill allocation advice IV

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Nikolai II, Apr 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    Yep, I didn't phrase it well but TS has it right. I have made a Bone Head roll 149 times in 13 games.

I am down to Dodge or Tackle on the Krox. I am leaning Tackle now, because if I take Dodge I almost have to take Break Tackle if he hits Level 5 and then I will feel even more pressure to use him more aggressively than I really want to, especially without Pro.

2. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Maybe possibly BT on level 6. On level 5 you'd be finishing the perfect Roadblock Krox - Block Dodge Guard Stand Firm

Meanwhile Tackle is equally aggressive most of the time.

3. Borke

Borke Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Borke
    Country Flag:
    If you give him Tackle now, sbr, he's going to soak up ALL of the team's SPP, as he will be
    • your only ST5 guy
    • your only MB guy
    • your only Tackle guy
    all at the same time. I believe you should only do that if you plan on ditching the team after the CC. Otherwise I think Dodge now is the best long term development, Guard next. He needs to support your team, and not the other way around.

4. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    I appreciate the input, but you are going to have to explain this more because I don't understand.

I'm not feeding him TDs, and I am not turning him into a Juan Turner that would hog all of the TDs, which are a scarce commodity; I am improving his ability to cause injuries (though the passive effect is a big reason for taking Tackle as well). The Krox hurting more people won't keep the Saurus from hurting people, unless the Krox clears the pitch every drive, and then I would just have to figure out how to deal with that problem.

I would love for my Saurus to hurt people, or even occasionally get an MVP, but they don't seem capable. It seems a strange idea to not have my Krox hurt opponents just because the rest of my team can't either.

5. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    A 'Juan Turner' (1TTD???) Krox would be awesome, I can picture him now, leaping to the end zone heh. I don't really see the problem either, if you're going to have a Big Guy, make him the best Big Guy you can, if he gets a load of SPP he just gets better at being a Big Guy...rest of the team will benefit from that.

6. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    I'm not sure what the right skill is, but I do think that tackle will make you want to use him just as much as BT with dodge would, if not more since it carries less risk. If you have a Saurus without tackle and the Krox with tackle you're going to lean towards the Krox on a dodge blitz target...

I definitely like the BT ability to get him somewhere he needs to be when you're desperate, but avoiding two 2+ rolls for a guy with loner is a strong motivator not to move him with BT! Dodge is great just for it's passive ability to keep the Krox off the ground, even if you never get BT. And tackle obviously has synergy with Prehensile tail.

But I just think that blodge big guys are too good to pass up. Then get him guard and let him rule the middle of the pitch. Your opponents won't want to put enough pieces next to him to get a 2 die block knowing that its likely he won't even go down...

7. Borke

Borke Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Borke
    Country Flag:
    My reasoning is basically what Jav said: You'll want to blitz with the Krox too often, when there's a Dodge piece you need to take down, or when there's a target that you really want off the pitch (due to MB). I mean, it's of course possible to build a really active Krox, one who moves around a lot, but you don't need it, you have strong, mobile pieces in your Sauri, I think the better role for the Krox is road block. And for that role, I don't think Tackle is as effective as Dodge. Tackle does synergize with Prehensile Tail, but the Tackle doesn't have to be on the same player.

8. lawastooshort

lawastooshort Member

Cyanide Username:
    lawastooshort
    Country Flag:
    I have two exciting underworld gobbo questions!

A two heads gobbo got +MA. I think this is probably worth taking. It's that or extra arms/horns.

A two heads, horns, big hand gobbo got +AG! (I wanted a double really... I've never got Wrestle on a gobbo :( ) But I'm not sure what +AG would add that extra arms couldn't do for 20TV less, apart from help with Diving Tackle/Prehensile Tail affected dodges? Is it worth taking?

I've only got one other skilled gobbo at the moment, a level 5(!) +ST, +heads, horns, extra arms supergobbo.

9. Borke

Borke Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Borke
    Country Flag:
    @lawastooshort I'd always take +MA on a Gobbo, even if he didn't have Two Heads yet. Mobility is what really sets Underworld apart from other teams, and more mobility helps win more games :)

As for the other Gobbo: The four main agility rolls are dodging (which he already does on a 2+), catching (+AG is equivalent to Extra Arms), pickup (+AG is equivalent to Extra Arms) and passing (which is where Extra Arms does nothing). Of course you want to avoid passing with Gobbos, due to their built-in penalty, but this guy, with his Big Hand, is probably more likely than any other Gobbo to pass the ball. I would therefore take the +AG - in the long run, for an Underworld team, 20k TV extra isn't such a big deal. Also, +AG helps with sticking the landing after a TTM - you probably won't be using star Gobbos for that 99% of the time, but when it's for the championship, who knows ;)

10. Modustrollens

Modustrollens Member

Country Flag:
    [​IMG]

So, what should I go next for him? I have 3 other Blitzers, one is +agi Guard, the other is +MV Dodge, and the last one only has Guard atm.
    Would it be too crazy to go Leap, tackle/stripball? What would you guys do with this Blitzer?

11. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    Wow, great player, and nice rolls on the other blitzers too. If you roll a double I'd take guard - blodged Str 4 guard with the agility to get where he wants is nice. If you roll 10 I'd take movement. If you roll a normal I'd probably go leap, but pass block would be interesting too depending on what league you are in. Or sidestep. To be honest, whatever you take that is one awesome player:)

12. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I'd probably go leap , tackle.
    The AG guard one wants dodge then leap for when you need an extra assist.
    The other 2 can go for the standard Dodge , Sidestep , Tackle , Diving Tackle approach.

13. LloydsGamble

LloydsGamble Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    LloydsGamble
    Country Flag:
    +STR, Block Chaos Warrior levelled and rolled a double when he was about to get Guard. I feel I should probably still take Guard (I have two other Guard players so far) but I was kind of considering Sidestep to always keep him in the thick of things. Wouldn't pay off though until he actually gets Guard at next level and maybe Stand Firm is better than Sidestep anyway for a Guard player? Not sure.

Other option is Dodge, but Sidestep is tempting to try.

14. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    People love to get ss on doubles and I don't quite understand it. SF is about as good for only 20 TV - get dodge or get a normal skill would be my advice.

15. Znarx

Znarx Courier Staff

Cyanide Username:
    Znarx
    Country Flag:
    Given the lack of teams in BB2 right now, I currently expect to run at least one more CTALE and one more Crunch Cup on BB1. We may keep going after that, if there's enough interest. We might also run Crunch Cup or something like it on BB2 in parallel.

16. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    OK that makes sense. I may be almost convinced to take Dodge, but I have until Saturday afternoon before I have to decide for sure.

17. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    Yeah. Just take tackle on the next double...

18. Everblue

Everblue Active Member

Country Flag:
    On the chaos warrior, you need to think what skills you will get as you only get 5 for a very long time.

It's hard to look past +1ST, block, guard, MB, claw

Other skills sound nice, but you'll get so much more mileage out of a player that can hit hard.

19. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    On the warrior I can see dodge on a guard and stand firm support guy. He becomes a reliable blodging big guy. You should have enough guys with claw, MB to do the hurting. However the killer build is also very good for him. It all depends on how you want to play.

I like a bit of Side step in my blockers it makes opponents think but I would prefer it on a blodger. Also ST5 means if he is blocked there will be less places for him to go due to the number of assists needed. He would also take less blocks over the match.

20. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    Or you give the Chaos Warrior tentacles and keep him in the middle of your wall. Then the other heavy hitters next to him will likely have players to hit next turn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.