1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tactics Skill allocation advice IV

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Nikolai II, Apr 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimmyFantastic

JimmyFantastic Member

Country Flag:
    MB for the WD, no choice. Guard for the TG, no choice.
    Dodge is best for the Thro-ra, for defensive purposes and you might have to dodge if everything goes wrong.
    Two Thro-Ras is really unnecessary and TV inefficient. Tackle to use him as a bit of a sweeper? Leader caddy? IDK, I would just retire him.

2. Ben

Ben New Member

Country Flag:
    I have a Dark Elf blitzer with blodge and tackle, who has rolled a normal skill.

Best options seem to be side step, strip ball, and leap, though diving tackle may be worth considering (too bad the league won't last long enough for him to add jump up).

Any thoughts?

3. Moncap

Moncap Member

Country Flag:
    Sidestep is the best option. After that Diving Tackle would make him a very good player.

4. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    In particular Sidestep is best because it:

a) helps him(you) with sideline plays, where your witches should be surfing people

b) works well with any stat(ST/AG or MV for oneturning) or double (guard) in the future

5. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    I think guard would be more helpful on the BC than a wrackle ghoul. Wrackle ghouls want to stay back to play safety. With the STR4 ghoul if he's carrying the ball and has guard he's going to be really tough for WD or other players to leap in and hit because of the STR; and if anybody gets in contact with him you won't need to blitz or move anyone over for the assist. The other cage corners can easily block the marker away because your BC has guard.

6. crimsonsun

crimsonsun Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    crimsonsun
    Country Flag:
    Yeah with Strip Leaping blodge Juggs just brings more to the table tactically than Mighty Blow, though obviously the damage dealing ability of MB is the most common choice for such a player, I just feel if your looking to hurt stuff your likely playing the wrong team but if your looking for a option that's going to create more options for you tactically then I'm saying Juggernaut is hands down a better selection.

7. crimsonsun

crimsonsun Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    crimsonsun
    Country Flag:
    While I believe everyone is entitled to there own perspective and opinion I ask you a simple question. How is it poor tv efficiency to utilise a player type that not only has a greater potential than any alternative in the squad but also is cheaper in terms of tv than levelling a player to the same end by 20k including thick skull? That's before considering a Throw Ra has access to an additional skill chart, he's unlikely to want anything from it but that's moot the choice is there.

In addition to that indisputable fact are two additional pieces of information your failing to consider, first having a back up ball carrier is something I believe all teams should do and this is even more important to Khemri because of how terrible we are at handling the ball. Second by not selecting a 2nd Throw Ra your reducing your players with average field coverage in terms of Movement by 25% further increasing the squads weaknesses in agility and Movement and making it even more difficult to counter against any switch in direction the play takes.

I respect everyone's opinion but I feel its important to point out clearly advice that's flawed especially when stated in a manner that portrays absolutely no room for alternative points of view.

Seriously while the Guard on the Tomb Guardian is a universally agreed upon answer, mighty blow on a wardancer - no choice? Stop talking crap, its a valid selection but not even close to being the only real choice as many options are extremely viable in that situation, in fact of all players I feel Wardancers are the one with the greatest number of options and alternatives in terms of development with all statistic increases being viable and beneficial, which is why I place them with Werewolves and vampires as one of the top positional players in Blood bowl, if not the top.

8. JimmyFantastic

JimmyFantastic Member

Country Flag:
    Ok I'm talking crap. Whatever.

9. Ken

Ken Kenny the Mechanic

Country Flag:
    while sarcastic, you're also finally right ;)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  10. Valokiloren

Valokiloren Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    ʋǟʟ
    Cyanide Username:
    Valokiloren
    Country Flag:
    Riiiiiiiight. Ignoring the frankly somewhat bizarre argument that appears to have been started, I have a conundrum. And yes, I am fully aware that this is going to sound stupid, and that I may in fact be an idiot for even wondering about alternatives! :D

So, one of my Uwd Blitzers hit superstar. It's actually a fairly fast rise to Superstar too - it took just 26 games, which is an average of about 3 SPP per game, give or take. Not too shabby for a killer.

Anyway, his statline and skill list are as follows:

6/ 3/ 3/ 8 Block; Mighty Blow; Claw; Piling On; Tackle

Now, I'm fully aware that the -MV is an issue, but it takes a lot of time to get a killer trained and I don't have the opportunity to sack him and train a new one since I'm going to be facing non-rookies next season. Not to mention the fact that it's still about average movement for a player and a Killer doesn't always need to move so far.

The conundrum in question is that the skill roll I made resulted in an 11. Which is obv. +AG or a regular skill. And I'm wondering if taking the +AG is the correct decision. I wouldn't normally worry too much and would straight up take the +AG, but the thing is that this is a Killer Blitzer, not a Utility. I have been thinking that taking Horns and Guard for the final two skills would in fact be the most sensible thing, since it would allow me some mobile guard and a STR4, albeit one solely on my Blitzes. Still, the other blitzer is built the same, though doesn't have a -MV, so I equally had considered that he could go my Horns/ Guard route.

Thoughts? You know, other than me being an idiot? :D

11. JimmyFantastic

JimmyFantastic Member

Country Flag:
    Not an idiot at all. One of the best coaches on fumbbl got +AG as a legend skill on a killer Beastman. He liked it. Gave him a secondary ballcarrier in case of pouring rain and let him dodge away if he got bothdown on a blitz or whatever and generally be more useful when not killing mens.
    Having said that it's obviously less than ideal with the -ma he has taken and without knowing the rest of the team I'd be inclined to skip for Horns or Guard.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  12. akirilus

akirilus Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I do like being able to dodge away after a BDx2 blitz with the killer - this is why my werewolves on Necro usually end up with Dodge (and they can never roll an 11 to level up). So from that point of view I think AGI+ makes perfect sense - the only issue being that this will be his last skill for a long time.

Personally, I would be very tempted by Horns here, to save both an assist and 20 TV. It really does make a big difference, especially if you are undermanned, and makes Frenzy a potentially viable pick at level 7. If you take AGI+, you really shouldn't take Frenzy (imo).

If you want to add versatility, AGI+ is a great option. If you want to maximize his killing potential, I would be inclined to take Horns. Neither is bad, imo.

13. lawastooshort

lawastooshort Member

Cyanide Username:
    lawastooshort
    Country Flag:
    I think I'd take the +AG. You've got another killer who could (fairly soon) take Horns, and it'd give you more flexibility - dodging away from blitzes, an emergency receiver, dodging away to blitzes. If you took Guard next he'd be able to get a Guard in more awkward places. It's a shame about the -MA though.

Having said that my first thought was he's a killer, don't bother and take Horns instead.

14. Jasper

Jasper Member

Country Flag:
    I rolled 11 for a Wight that already has +AG; should I take AG 5, or a normal skill? Probably Mighty Blow. If I had any sort of passing game I'd take AG 5, but it'll only really be good for picking up loose balls in traffic and the occasional dodge through TZs... Anybody have experience with AG 5 for Necro?

Here's the team:

Code:
    Emerald City Wolfmen
      W Toto           : Block, Dodge
      W Cowardly Lion  : 
      F Scarecrow      : 
      F Patchwork Girl : +ST, Block
      I Nick Chopper   : +AG, Guard, ???
      I Captain Fyter  : Mighty Blow, Guard, Tackle
      G Bastinda       : Block, Sidestep, Sure Hands
      G Gingema        : Wrestle, Tackle
      Z Boq            : +ST, Block
      Z Ojo            : 
      Z Unc Nunkie     : Block
      Z Mooj           : Block
      Z Kiki Aru       : +ST, Block, Fend
      Z Ree Alla Bad   : 

15. Moncap

Moncap Member

Country Flag:
    I would take it. Opens new doors, he will be fun. Though I've not had an AG 5 Wight myself.

16. Moncap

Moncap Member

Country Flag:
    If you do take it, I would forget about mighty blow for him. Hope for a double, then decide between leap and dodge. If you don't get a double first, tackle next, if you do - you have another fun decision to make. Dodge and tackle would be the right, solid choice, but leap (and maybe even strip ball) would be fun, and an option Necro can't normally get.

17. makker4

makker4 New Member

Country Flag:
    Skill for an ag 3 bull centaur?

Any suggestions for what normal skill i should give my Bull Centaur: Flax Thunderstrike?

The player and the rest of the team can be seen here:
    Zharr-Naggrund Bulls

I'm thinking Stand Firm or Strip Ball.

18. JimmyFantastic

JimmyFantastic Member

Country Flag:
    Bulls should go Block BT Tackle Guard with normal rolls.
    Seeing as you have AG you can skip the BT and take Guard.

19. Valokiloren

Valokiloren Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    ʋǟʟ
    Cyanide Username:
    Valokiloren
    Country Flag:
    If it weren't for the fact that I cannot see you developing any semblance of a passing game, I'd say take the +AG and then Strong Arm and make him into a passing threat. But it's a) not exactly a strength of any Necro team; b) without P access it would hit and miss developing him (possible no double = horrid development); and c) it removes one of your most valuable players to play psuedo-thrower.

As for AG5 straight up, it's a potent threat. You're thinking too narrowly - with AG5 you have a guy who can nearly always bring Guard against a ballcarrier if not act as your primary ballsacker - dodging into 3 TZs on AG5 is still only a 4+, which with a reroll is a 75% success rate. Plus, a pick-up in a single TZ would be a potent 2+ - needless to say that and a 2+ dodge with a reroll for your basic dart-in, pick-up, dart out play would have a 92.5% success rate with just a team reroll and no Dodge.

I say take the +AG - you aren't too far along with this guy to mix up what he can become, and he'll be a threat so far out of left field for your Necro that I can see just the sight of him forcing a lot of tactical errors.

20. akirilus

akirilus Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Take AGI 5. It will serve you well right until the time he dies. Or picks up a Broken Neck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.