1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tactics Skill allocation advice IV

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Nikolai II, Apr 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tjorne

Tjorne Member

Cyanide Username:
    .marXman. (BB1), Tjorne (BB2)
    Country Flag:
    MB, Tackle, Frenzy, SF for a Blitzer who can get around more easily.
    On doubles Dodge, then SH for a Ballcarrier who is slower than a Ghoul but more reliable.

2. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    I might go tackle before MB as he would be the one making the last ditch defensive plays but T has summed it up nicely.

3. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    Thanks for the answers, mobile killer it is.

In 3 games I have gotten levels on both Wights (+AG;Guard) and both Mummies (Guard;Block). This is my first serious time playing Undead and I'm liking this team a lot so far.

4. Sudonym

Sudonym Active Member

Country Flag:
    Wood Elf lineman just rolled double 5s. He's already got Dodge/Guard; I was planning to give him Block to go with it, but now I have a decision- do I take another doubles skill, do I take the +MV, or do I just skip it and take Block?

5. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I'd skip it and take block.
    He still has sidestep , fend , tackle or diving tackle to take if he lives that long so it is not like some races that run out of useful normal skills.

6. CariadocThorne

CariadocThorne Member

Country Flag:
    Block is the sensible option.

On a high/dark elf lino with the same skills I'd take grab, because grab on a team with easy access to sidestep can potentially make chainpush cagebreaking. On an av7 player survival is too urgent a priority though.

The other options that spring out at me are thick skull, which could be useful for the increased chance of keeping your player on the pitch, but it probably isn't enough of a benefit to be worthwhile, especially in the short term before block, and Stand Firm, which might make an interesting alternative to sidestep for keeping your Guard assists where you need them.

Overall, Block is probably your best option, but it is worth considering grab and stand firm, depending on your style of play on defence.

7. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    My solid gold shoes are a bit tight. My ST5 amazon blitzer (so ST5 and blodge) has just rolled a double as her third skill.

I only have 3 guard so I should probably take Guard. If I really wanted to annoy the opposition I could take sidestep. Can any one think of a good reason to not take Guard?

8. NieA7

NieA7 Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    NieA7
    Cyanide Username:
    Under7
    Country Flag:
    If you're going to carry with her on a regular basis then sidestep could be worthwhile, otherwise probably guard now and two of stand firm/mighty blow/tackle/juggs later.

Almost enough to make you wish you could use break tackle with leap...

9. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    I have a -MA rookie Linerat who gained a level on my BC team. I want a Dirty Player Linerat but I am not sure if the -MA is a big enough reason not to take it. The only other Level 2 Linerat has Kick. I have 2 other 5SPP Linerats but one of them also has a Smashed Hip.

10. Arthur Wynne

Arthur Wynne Member

Country Flag:
    Don't keep around stat-busted level 2 linerats for anything less than +ST, IMO. Fire them as soon as you can replace.

11. CariadocThorne

CariadocThorne Member

Country Flag:
    I don't play as skaven, but I would have thought -MA shouldn't be too much problem if you plan to build him as a dedicated fouler, he's still moderately mobile, and fast enough to run over and stick the boot in. You can better afford to have him sent off than an uninjured rat. As he won't gain too many SPP, you can replace him fairly easily later on if you want, but he'll still give you a fouling threat in the short term.

12. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    -MA line rats are no problem at all. The linerats on the LOS get tied up or knocked out of the game anyway. They don't get to use their movement.

If you want him to be DP then the movement suddenly matters, but MA 6 is still decent for a fouler. Though I would probably just opt for wrestle since I want to keep any move busted line rats on the LOS, and I don't like my DP's on the LOS. Then give DP to your next linerat to level.

In general Skaven don't have enough money to fire perfectly good LOS fodder for just a move bust. If this was BB2 it's probably time to fire if you have any cash though.

13. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    Totally agreed with the above, linerats have such short life expectancy that firing for a -1 MA is unnecessary unless you have loads of cash. Put him on the LOS with the smashed hip guy, take wrestle preferably but DP is ok too.

14. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    Thanks for the answers, and I was set to take Wrestle but now he went and rolled doubles. So stay with Wrestle? Dodge to make him harder to knock down? Foul Appearance to make people not want to hit him as much? Anything else worth considering? With the -MA he will stay on the LoS. At least until he does something stupid like level and roll doubles again.

Also my Block Gutter Runner got a double. I assume it is Guard again, just like last time; until he died almost immediately.

[​IMG]

15. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I'd take guard on both of them

willpower68 likes this.
  16. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    I'd second that notion and also note that this might give the linerat a temporary reprieve from the LOS, to instead be in one of the blitzable corners in the second line.

Forcing the opponent to choose between blitzing a linerat with kick and one with guard might keep the kicker playing a bit longer.

17. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    I'd also take Guard on the Line rat. Guard on the Gutter if you have no problems with scoring. If you do have problems scoring though, 2 Heads makes things easier. Plus you can shout "HAMMERTIME" or even "YOU CAN'T TOUCH THIS" to your opponents as you make crazy dodges past his players:D.

18. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    I love two heads and guard on gutters, but if you don't have a guard gutter I would take that first. Getting a mobile guard gutter is great for making sure you can free a gutter to hand the ball off to for the score.

I might not take guard on a linerat that already is move busted. I would prefer to put that extra value on a healthy linerat, but I suppose you don't always get that opportunity. I would take guard or wrestle though.

19. Arthur Wynne

Arthur Wynne Member

Country Flag:
    TV 12-1300 Lizards here. I've got two Block saurii, one Block/Guard (and a Kroxigor), of the remaining saurii one just got 6,6 for his first skill. Is anything, even + ST, worth forgoing Block as the first skill on a Saurus?

20. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    If the team is thinking long term, a Str 5 Saurus is def worth it. He will get his block...just might take a while...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.