1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tactics Skill allocation advice IV

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Nikolai II, Apr 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Muundus

Muundus Active Member

Country Flag:
    I think it depends on the roster, and, most importantly, how many vampires you typically run. Lots of pro vampires on the pitch mean lots of hypnotized opposing players, so Guard is not nearly as important as the ability to move your thralls where you need them to set up positions for vampires to run to. Less vampires mean you are relying on thralls to do some hitting, in which case you need the guard to support the thralls blocks.

2. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    #1 - DE Blitzer rolled 6+4 on his first level-up; the team has one other Blizter who has leveled and he took Dodge. The +MA tempts me but I am thinking I will just go with Dodge.
    #2 - Block, Side Step, Diving Tackle Gutter Runner rolled a normal. Tackle? Shadowing? Fend? Anything else?

My thought is Tackle, but Shadowing intrigues me, mostly because I have never used a player with that skill.

Other Runners are:

+ST, Wrestle, Tackle
    Horns, Wrestle
    Block, Guard

3. Muundus

Muundus Active Member

Country Flag:
    Perpetual league or short tournament?

If perpetual I would take +1 AV and start tooling him to be a marker after that. As a marker he'll be taking lots of hits and AV 9 is a big step up from AV 8. In a short tournament I think you're right with taking dodge.

Gutter Runner I would take fend to make it harder to remove him from the people you mark and increase survivability. Next level I would look at shadowing.

4. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I'd take the MA on the blitzer.
    As a general rule if the fastest player on your team gets +MA you take it unless they are already skilled in a particular direction ( killer orc blitzers for example )
    It also gives you a 1 turn threat. 1 turning with MA7 is really tough but with MA8 you have a reasonable chance.

On the gutter tackle is good.
    Another option is pass block. Getting a DT'er in contact with the person catching the ball is a really nasty thing to do.

5. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    I would definitely take the plus 1 MA on the DE Blitzer. Gives you so many more options both offence and defence.

Gutter runner; meh, I had the same issue with my last skaven team, same skills, and ended up giving him kick as I had to play dwarves next and my kicker had died, I don't recommend that! so probably tackle. Shadowing might be fun on MA9, not sure anyone would try dodging away from a DT Shadowing gutter though..I like Tys's pass block suggestion too.

6. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    Thanks for the input so far.

I will go with the MA on the Blizter.

Assuming he lived that long, and rolled all normal level ups I was planning on taking Tackle, Shadowing and Pass Block in some order for the Runner. I need to beat Arthur Wynne's goblin heavy Orc team to keep my minuscule promotion hopes alive so I guess it is tackle this time. Fend still interests me as well.

7. Arthur Wynne

Arthur Wynne Member

Country Flag:
    Don't worry, everyone else is beating them, you'll be fine. (I'll give the damn incompetents one more season to get out of Ostland, and if they can't pull it off it's the slave pits of Naggaroth for the whole bunch.)

8. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Thralls get Leader on doubles (or possibly pass if they are AG4). Guard is sometimes taken, but it ain't very common, and dodge not at all. Even Thick Skull might be better than dodge. ;)

9. Arthur Wynne

Arthur Wynne Member

Country Flag:
    Coach seems to disagree with you -but I can't believe I forgot about Leader. That settles that!

10. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Disagreements and altercations is what BB is all about. :D

But all my opinions are always my own. I still think leader is good. Then once you've used his leader skill in the second half he becomes the go-to snack bag. ;)

11. HRNSUP

HRNSUP Member

Country Flag:
    My killer Amazon Blitzer just got her 4th normal skill up and way ahead of rest of the team after soaking up MVPs. She currently has Tackle, MB, Pile On. I don't want Frenzy on this team. Was thinking Pro for a poor man's Frenzy to go with Dauntless as a 5th skill. There are several other good options though.

Guard - Always useful but doesn't got with Pile On.
    Juggernaut - To take down the Wrestlers.
    Thick Skull - Keeps her on the pitch longer after the inevitable POW or boot.
    Fend - Additional protection, freedom to blitz high value targets, and synergy with the long term plan for the team with Fend, SF, and SS.
    Pro - Described above.

Rest of the team is:
    3 Blitzers with Guard
    2 Catchers with Block
    1 Passer no skill up
    6 Linewomen (1 Block/Fend, 3 Wrestle)

So what do you guys think?

12. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Juggernaut or Dauntless, depending upon whether you have most problems with wrodgers or big guys.

On equal evaluation juggernaut wins it since it means not getting stuck next to an opponent who has block or stand firm.

The other options are Guard or Stand Firm, but if she's to keep being a killer then an Amazon needs jugs.

13. NieA7

NieA7 Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    NieA7
    Cyanide Username:
    Under7
    Country Flag:
    Second vote for Juggs, it's much more useful than I imagined before trying it.

14. Loucyber

Loucyber Member

Country Flag:
    Another question for a Vamp team:
    Vamp #1: 103 SPP, Block, Dodge, +ST, Tackle, MB
    Vamp #2: 94 SPP, Block, Dodge, SS, Tackle, Pro
    Vamp #3: 109 SPP, Block, Dodge, SS, Tackle, JumpUp
    Vamp #4: 77 SPP, Block, Dodge, +ST, MB -> Levelup with a normal roll
    Vamp #5: 24 SPP, Dodge, +AG
    Thrall #6: 13 SPP, +AG
    Thralls #7-16: Mainly rookie fodder, no doubles, the odd Wrestle and one Kicker.
    4 Rerolls, playing in a matchmaking league

A: What to take on #4? Candidates so far Tackle (matches well with MB and ST5, but boring because it is identical with #1), Frenzy (I´d like to have a Crowdpusher, but without SS he could become a target himself, and could get misplaced when blocking on the LOS), SS, Pro. Anything else?

B: Should I get a 6th Vamp? So far I am inclined to postpone that until I get a Thrall-Leader and Block for #5. In offence my +AG Thrall works as a Ball retreiver, so effectively I have 5 offensive Vamps.

15. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    I like the idea of Frenzy on #4, but I haven't tried it and am not sure that Vampires need another skill that takes even more control from the player. If you think you can manage the Thrall positioning a ST5 MB Vamp would be fun to play. I would probably go Sidestep, that would almost always be my third or fourth normal skill.

Not sure about 6th Vampire as my one Vampire team fell apart when I got my 5th. Everything was going well until I bought my 5th bloodsucker, then I had a bad combination of going up against some very bashy teams (~1700TV Nurgle, Undead, Khemri all in a row) and bad luck on winnings rolls and suddenly didn't have enough Thralls to support the Vampires properly. I'm sure others have more and better experience with 5 and/or 6 Suckers.

16. omne51

omne51 New Member

Country Flag:
    Hello,

High Elf team, advice on these 3?

Thrower with normal stats and Pass, Safe Throw, Accurate, Strong Arm, and Dodge? (envision as a pure thrower)
    Catcher with normal stats and Catch, Wrestle, Strip Ball, and Dodge? (envision as a ballsacker)
    Blitzer with +ST (4ST/4AG) and Block/Dodge. (not sure where to go with this one)

Thanks!

17. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    The thrower has all the passing skills so block to stay alive or catch for farming SPP. I'd go block 1st
    Catcher leap and tackle. If you already have a wrackler then leap 1st if not then tackle.
    Blitzer sidestep , tackle and fend. Hope for doubles to get guard.

18. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    Human Catcher just made level 4 in BB2 (so AV8). Currently block and sidestep together with starting skills of dodge and catch. He is by some distance my leading SPP player, 37 currently, next best 13!
    Our final league game is vs Wood Elves, then playoffs, I am not sure who we will play but lizards/Orcs look likely.
    I have currently 2 guard blitzers and the Ogre just levelled and took guard too. 1 tackle blitzer, 1 dodge. Other catcher not levelled. Lino's not levelled.
    Another normal roll on the level up (so General/Agility), I was thinking diving tackle but I have never really used it, so just after any other opinions really.

19. notafunhater

notafunhater Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    I'd probably go Fend or Diving Tackle.

20. jounisii

jounisii Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    jounisii
    Country Flag:
    Don't go DT with your most potent scorer and make him a marker. Fend is good for protection as nota suggested or then enhance his scoring ability with diving catch or sure feet - maybe sprint. I probably would take DC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.