1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tactics Skill allocation advice IV

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Nikolai II, Apr 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arthur Wynne

Arthur Wynne Member

Country Flag:
    On a different team, I got +2 ST, Dodge and Tackle on a -MA Dark Elf Blitzer. Best big guy ever!

2. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    One of my wood elf linemen (currently hanging out in ORKS league with the rest of the 2580 TV team) is ST5 Block and MB. Strongest wood elf lino ever. (Also his name is "Badger", and he took out Ripper in a game vs Orcs - that was back when he was only ST5 and MB ;))
    (I'm considering using the last money in the kitty to get a 16th lino and 2650 TV. It's not as if the money would survive the next game and spiralling expenses anyway ;)

Otherwise I had a nice undead wight and spare mummy - ST5 Guard Tackle MB. I did sack him right after he got to legend though, since he took a niggle and a concussion on the final laps.

3. notafunhater

notafunhater Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    My OCC team has a blodge ST5 dark elf lino as well. Unfortunately he's -MA and -AGI now, but he's been invaluable.

4. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    Elf big guys are annoying as hell.

5. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    Rat Taqueria is currently in the OCC 3B. Serano just rolled a normal roll. Guard, tackle, or MB? I still face orcs, elves, high elves, underworld, and chaos this season.

[​IMG]

6. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    I'd say Tackle or MB. Probably Tackle since you already have one ST4 MB Vermin.. :rolleyes:

7. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    The thing I worry about is the SV always get tied up. It's hard to use the tackle effectively if you're tied up keeping the gutters free. It would be great against elves though.

8. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Yea, you have double elves and some underworld where tackle is good. Also some orcs and chaos will carry a blodger or two.

9. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Id take mb, if you roll a double for claw next you want to have that in place

10. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    That's kind of my thought. I think guard or tackle is probably better for winning now, but if I get MB on both of the STR4 stormvermin maybe one of them will live long enough to get claw. If they both make it to the next level it doubles my chance of getting claw on a MB SV, and the other one can take tackle or guard.

11. lawastooshort

lawastooshort Member

Cyanide Username:
    lawastooshort
    Country Flag:
    An Underworld thrower rolled 5+5 on his first level up. Is the +Ma better than Dodge? (seeing as he can get two heads on a normal, too)

12. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    make him a third killer with MB

13. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I agree with St Cloud. MB followed by block and claw.

14. lawastooshort

lawastooshort Member

Cyanide Username:
    lawastooshort
    Country Flag:
    Haha - that was my first thought too, but I already have a MB Block linerat who will get Claw soon.

Hmm.

15. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    You need another...obviously :)

16. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I'd rather have 4 killers and 1 ballcarrier than 3 killers and 2 ballcarriers.
    Killers need more skills to get good while the ballcarrier really just needs extra arms so it doesn't matter if you are playing with a rookie thrower for a few games after the old one dies.

17. notafunhater

notafunhater Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    Totally agree with the thrower-killer. Underworld needs all the hitting power it can get, and any of them can die your next game.

18. lawastooshort

lawastooshort Member

Cyanide Username:
    lawastooshort
    Country Flag:
    Well 2 heads extra arms gobbos are at least as good ball carriers if protected so I'll totally go with the killing option. Thanks everyone.

My TV is distressingly high though, over 1800.

19. Znarx

Znarx Courier Staff

Cyanide Username:
    Znarx
    Country Flag:
    Should I take Piling On for my Kroxigor?

My Krox already has Guard, Stand Firm and Grab. Getting rid of him and leveling up a new one to try and get some better rolls on him isn't really an option at the moment as I have two Sauruses that just got career-ending injuries. (I may eventually retire him once the new Saurses get some skills).

He got a normal roll, so the only skills he can take are Break Tackle, Piling On, Juggernaut, Strong Arm, or Multiple Block. I almost never blitz with him, since I don't like losing the blitz to a failed Bone Headed roll. Strong Arm is obviously out. I probably could use more Break Tackle on the team (only 1 other player with BT now), but it seems like both Break Tackle and Multiple Block are likely to result in the Krox causing lots of Turn Overs.

Any insights?

20. DireSickFish

DireSickFish Active Member

Steam Username:
    SickFish
    Cyanide Username:
    DireSickFish
    Country Flag:
    I'd opt for Break Tackle on him, you don't need to use it on a blitz. With prehensile tail having the Krox in the right spot can really screw up an opponents plans even if he's just standing there. He has the mobility other big guy don't and can take much bigger advantage of the dodge. I wouldn't take Piling On because his tackle zones are so important, especially with guard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.