Tactics Skill allocation advice IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
I'd also go for BT but not use it very often.
PO on a guard tail ST5 player would get used even less.

St Cloud

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
St. Cloud
Country Flag
Def between BT and Jugger.

I might go Jugger just to be able to move the immovable objects and make blitzing safer.

NieA7

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
NieA7
Cyanide Username
Under7
Country Flag
BT now, juggs if he steals all the MVPs and levels again before you feel happy firing him.

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
BT unless in a Stand Firm heavy environment. Don't use unless it's desperate but if you look like you might use it you can make your opponent play differently. I used BT Ogres to mark multiple players as my opponent would try and prevent the dodge by surrounding my Ogre who I would just leave standing there. Also stops the sideline cage.

Jav

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Javelin
Cyanide Username
javelin
Country Flag
Ya, I think BT as well. But again, I would only use it in an emergency where I had to have him moved. I hate having to roll a D6 twice just to find out if he's going to actually move, and if you fail the 2nd one it's likely a turnover! So I would tend to use it when a TO isn't any worse than doing nothing, but could be much better. When it does work getting that prehensile tail in the right place can stop a drive.

Werebat

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Werebat
Country Flag
So Gruechitter the Foul, Underworld Blitzer for Wyrmwood, levelled up to 6th last match and rolled something special. No, it wasn't a double for Jump Up as I had hoped. It was a 10, so the choice is between +1 MA, +1 AV, and the usual General, Strength, or Mutation skills.

Gruechitter is already pretty amazing, with +1 STR, Mighty Blow, Claw, and Piling On.

I'm not thinking he'd get a lot of use out of +1 MV, but +1 AV looks tempting as it would bring his AV from 8 to 9, and protect him from the inevitable fouls that happen to PO killers.

On the other hand, both Tackle and Frenzy have their charm. Horns doesn't look necessary, although STR 5 blitzes certainly have their use at times.

My other blitzer, the amazing Zeem Warpfire, has +1 STR, +1 AGI, Mighty Blow, Dodge, and Tackle -- so I already have a player specialized in killing low AV dodgy types. That makes me think Tackle is less needed on Gruechitter.

Any advice?

NieA7

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
NieA7
Cyanide Username
Under7
Country Flag
Personally I'd have a tough time choosing between +MA, tackle and juggs. Given this will be his last skill for a while I'd probably look to build in some redundancy against the other blitzer dying and go for tackle. +AV is tempting but ideally he won't be piling on where there's a chance of a retaliatory foul in the first place, while tackle is a generally useful skill and will allow you to spread the pain against dodgy sides.

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
I'd take frenzy, its a fantastic kill skill and since he's str 4... but it will shorten his life expectancy so if you're feeling conservative take juggs. AV definite;y not worth the TV, MA maybe though better on Zeem.

lawastooshort

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
lawastooshort
Country Flag
Wow, what a pair of blitzers! I think I'd take Tackle too and neither of the stats.

Loucyber

Star Player
Country Flag
I run a training Woodelf Team in a perpetual league. So far I got

Treeman
Wardancer with MB and Tackle
Wardancer with Strip Ball
Catcher
Lino with Guard
3 Linos
Catcher with +MV and Lvlup 55
2RR, Apo
80k Bankroll

A: I was in doubt wether it was correct to take +MV as first Lvlup on the rookie Catcher - would it have been better to take Block first?

B: What to do now with that Lvlup? MV is the very tempting choice, making him a One-Turner. But it makes him a huge target too. The team has to rely on journeyman for quite a few games, so there is no option to put him on the bench when defending. What would you choose in a serious league environment? (As I put up this team mainly to try to understand elvish thinking I need the advice - in the end I might still go with the MV10, just for the fun of it, though I doubt it will last for long).

Jav

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Javelin
Cyanide Username
javelin
Country Flag
A MA9 catcher is already a target. You're opponent is going to hit them whenever they can within reason. Another +MA may make them want to kill him more, but I doubt it will generate many new opportunities to do so. So it's really just between MA 10 and a protection skill, I wouldn't worry about an increased target. MA 10 is also good on defense.

I haven't played a ton of WE, so I don't feel I know what's best for that team. I know I would never turn down a MA 10 gutter runner though :)

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
I'd take the MA. When you are playing at high TV you regularly face teams with 3 SF or SS so you need MA10 and sprint to 1 turn unless you have grab or juggs.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
My move 10 woodie catcher rolled 55 on the second skillup. I've never regretted taking move instead of guard. But yea, it's nicer those games I got 12+ players and can let 'em sit out a half. :p

ManBearPig

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
ManBearPig
Country Flag
I have a fresh Wardancer on my team, and he just got his first level and rolls a 10. Do I take the movement or Armor, or neither? I am interested in the armor since my last WD who was a beast got replaced due injury, but I am not sure.

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
I like MA on wardancers. Wouldn't bother with AV even on a lvl 5 or 6 dancer.
If it was a double 5 then guard or MB are worth considering but MA over a normal skill for me.

ManBearPig

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
ManBearPig
Country Flag
I like MA on wardancers. Wouldn't bother with AV even on a lvl 5 or 6 dancer.
If it was a double 5 then guard or MB are worth considering but MA over a normal skill for me.

I was thinking the MA could help cause more trouble on the pitch. So I think I will take it.

Veggente85

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
VeggenteBBT
Cyanide Username
Veggente
Country Flag
Hallo everybody!
I have a nice Gutter with agi 5, wrestle and leap that leveled up. What do you suggest? I was thinking about dauntless (for some surprise 1 dice behind the lines). Other ideas? I already have an agi 4 wrestle leap dauntless strip ball btw.

notafunhater

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
notafunhater
Country Flag
I have a fresh Wardancer on my team, and he just got his first level and rolls a 10. Do I take the movement or Armor, or neither? I am interested in the armor since my last WD who was a beast got replaced due injury, but I am not sure.
Movement, no hesitation whatsoever. Wardancers come right out of the box already dangerous. You can't get MV10 without getting MV9 first :)

As Tys says, if it was a 5+5 roll, You could go MB or even Guard, but 6+4 is movement every time.

notafunhater

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
notafunhater
Country Flag
Hallo everybody!
I have a nice Gutter with agi 5, wrestle and leap that leveled up. What do you suggest? I was thinking about dauntless (for some surprise 1 dice behind the lines). Other ideas? I already have an agi 4 wrestle leap dauntless strip ball btw.

How do you use that gunner? Dauntless would be good to have redundancy and allow for 1d instead of -2d blocks, tackle is good too and would be better than having 2 strip ballers.

Veggente85

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
VeggenteBBT
Cyanide Username
Veggente
Country Flag
How do you use that gunner? Dauntless would be good to have redundancy and allow for 1d instead of -2d blocks, tackle is good too and would be better than having 2 strip ballers.

Before the +1 he was on the road to become the second sacker. Now I use him as a supporter for the sacker (he's very good to give the assist on the ball carrier) and as the guy in contact with the ball carrier for a fast hand pass -> go to the TD if the situation become too hot. The other gutters are a blodge (I want a double on him for big hand, otherwise he will become an harazer with sidestep and diving tackle) and a wrestler without many ambitions :)

Status
Not open for further replies.