1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tactics Skill allocation advice IV

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Nikolai II, Apr 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cptbeefalo

cptbeefalo New Member

Country Flag:
    +AG, Block, Leap skink, who just rolled a normal skillup. He's a great jack of all trades for me, but I'm torn on what to take next. Catch/Jump Up/SS? I have seen scenarios for each being helpful recently. Playing more dodgy teams currently in league playoffs, but league split dodgy/bashy. I can't use someone so valuable to foul, so Sneaky Git is out. I already have another skink with +MA & Sprint, so Sprint isn't as useful. Sure Feet might even have some value. Thoughts?

2. DireSickFish

DireSickFish Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    SickFish
    Cyanide Username:
    DireSickFish
    Country Flag:
    Sidestep would be my go to choice, it's really the only agility skill that gives him protection.

3. Znarx

Znarx Courier Staff

Cyanide Username:
    Znarx
    Country Flag:
    I would do sidestep on the Skink. Blodge + sidestep is annoying if you're marking someone (ball carrier or receiver). It can also help protect him even when he gets knocked down.

Also, I think it's a mistake to take Catch before Diving Catch if you're going to go that route. You can use a team reroll for the Catch, but Diving Catch will let you catch on a 2+ even in a tackle zone, and every once in a while it will give you a shot at a kick off, scattered pass, or crowd throw-in.

4. Silfuin

Silfuin Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Silfuin
    Country Flag:
    well, he both hits people and repositions to follow my moving cage on offense.
    However I guess that claw needs to be put to good use, so he blocks at every opportunity he gets, for which reason block is probably better.
    Only doubt I have its that every time he blocks he needs anyway to pass that damn stupidity test, for which pro would be really useful, thus the potential situations where pro is useful are more than the situations where block is useful .... mmmmmh. ... mumble mumble ...

5. Borke

Borke Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Borke
    Country Flag:
    It's got to be Block in my book. Failing a stupidity test is not the end of the world. Being blocked down on a BD result (either offensive or defensive) sucks much more.

6. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Pro is used more often but is also way less reliable, only 50-50 to rr and you still have to pass the 2 or 4+. When block works, it just works.

7. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.