1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tactics Skill Allocation Advice VI

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Nikolai II, Dec 10, 2016.

1. TwoScoops

TwoScoops Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    MSG Musculo
    Cyanide Username:
    TwoScoops
    Country Flag:
    I'd convert him to main BC with SH in a heartbeat. You can always fire the thrower later once you have the cash.

2. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I think the +AG one would be better as the ballcarrier. The -AV is less of a problem if he is in the cage and +AG makes him better for the turn 8/16 dodge/pass for the TD.
    I would go for tackle but MB would also work.

3. TwoScoops

TwoScoops Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    MSG Musculo
    Cyanide Username:
    TwoScoops
    Country Flag:
    I like the +AGI as well for BC but it seems kind of a waste on him since that one's already got MB + Tackle. I think it DOES make the +AGI a good candidate for a surprise pass/handoff play downfield in tricky situations though, which is where he could be if he's out there throwing blitzes ahead of a cage.

4. DireSickFish

DireSickFish Active Member

Steam Username:
    SickFish
    Cyanide Username:
    DireSickFish
    Country Flag:
    He'd be a great ball carrier with Sure Hands and that extra movement. And it looks like Blitzer 2 is your resident killer, or he will be in a level up.

Going Stand Firm would make him good at marking the ball carrier. Break open a cage corner with him and have him stand next to the ball. Blodge SF means he needs a POW, Tackle or Juggernaught and it's very likely after he blitzes you you're just standing there still marking. Which means most carriers are going to want to dodge out away from you. Get Diving Tackle on doubles and Tackle + Shadowing on normals for a very effective ball marker.

5. stephB

stephB Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    stephB
    Cyanide Username:
    stephB
    Country Flag:
    Thanks guys, lots of good suggestions. I am leaning towards sure hands and dumping the thrower in due course. Although my next game is against Lizards and will probably have to employ him either way in the front lines so I can mix it with the wall of Saurus I will be facing.

6. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    My Rat Taqueria team in the OCC1 championship division has two rookie gutters, an AV6 niggled natural one turner that's AG5, and an AG5 block/SS gutter who just leveled.

Normally I would give him diving tackle, but I don't want to mark up with an AG5 guy. So what do you do on a normal?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  7. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Leap obviously, or sure hands. With block ss he makes a fantastic ball retriever. Leap will let him get there no matter what (and with agi 5 there's usually SOME way out) whereas sure hands makes it more likely you'll actually get the damn thing. Leap also helps on offense though and is more of an all round skill so I thin I'd get that first.

8. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    I've never actually had leap on a gutter, sounds great!

9. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    Based on my sample size of 1 it means he is due to die new to game. :(

10. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    That seems likely. I probably will retire from BB1 after this season, and I'm not likely to repeat my championship so I'm going to go all out. If they die, they die!

11. Znarx

Znarx Courier Staff

Cyanide Username:
    Znarx
    Country Flag:
    My BC2 Wood Elf team had 3 level ups, all normal rolls. (Steam appears to be down at the moment, so I can't pull up the exact skills on this team. I'm going from memory, but this should be pretty close.)

Catcher: Block
    Line Elf: AG5, Wrestle, Dodge
    Line Elf: Wrestle, Dodge

Rest of the team looks like:
    Treeman: MA 3, Grab
    War Dancer: AG 5, Mighty Blow
    War Dancer: -AV, Strip Ball, Side Step
    Thrower: No skills
    Line Elf: No skills
    Line Elf: ST 5, AG 5, Kick, Block
    Line Elf: Wrestle, Dodge, Dirty Player
    Line Elf: Block, Dodge, Side Step

My division is mostly bash this season, but I intend to play this team for a while, so I don't want to overspecialize against my current opponents.

The AG5 wrodger I think I want to turn into a sacker, so Leap, Strip Ball and Tackle in some order. Even without Leap, an AG 5 dodge into 3 Tackle Zones should be 4+, right? So I've got a 75% chance of dodging into a cage, assuming there's no Tackle to worry about. This makes getting Strip Ball or Tackle now interesting. Especially since I need to replace the Strip Ball War Dancer eventually due to her armor break. I don't like playing Wood Elves without at least one Strip Ball player, and of course the more the better. I have no Tackle on the team currently.

I never know what to do with Catchers beyond Block/Wrestle.

So Fend on the AG4 wrodger? Or take Leap on the AG5 wrodger and tackle on the AG4 guy?

I also need to buy an additional player to get to 12 players. I'd like to have 12 or 13 rostered players before I replace the War Dancer. I'm not sure if I ought to get a Catcher or another Lineman.

12. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I'd go for sidestep on the catcher , tackle on the AG5 and fend or sidestep on the wrodger.
    You have no tackle at the moment so one of the linemen needs it and I think a wrodge fend or wrodge sidestep is better than a blodge sidestep on the line of scrimmage.

The problem with the AG5 is he only gets 2 more skills until he hits legendary so that is either tackle then leap or leap and then strip ball.
    You have a strip ball dancer at the moment so that is a better option than a AG5 strip ball without leap.

I would go with tackle then leap and just keep the strip ball on the dancers.

13. Znarx

Znarx Courier Staff

Cyanide Username:
    Znarx
    Country Flag:
    Blodge Side Step doesn't go on the LOS. I use him for marking opponents. He'll probably get Diving Tackle next.

14. SovereignStrike

SovereignStrike Member

Cyanide Username:
    SovereignStrike
    Country Flag:
    Who do you put on the LOS with the 0 skill inelef and the treeman? Your options are pretty limited. I guess you could use the thrower, but then when he gets killed...

15. DeBonic

DeBonic New Member

Country Flag:
    Ag 4 ghoul leveled up and rolled 6 4. Is the primary ball carrier and had planned to give him block. Now I'm a bit torn with AV and MV being options. Team is as follows:

Mummy: Guard, Block
    Mummy: Guard, Block
    Wight: Guard
    Wight: Guard, MB
    Ghoul: Block Guard
    Ghoul: Wrestle, Tackle
    Ghoul: Block, Guard, SS
    Ghoul: +AG
    Zombie: Guard, Block
    Zombie: Block
    3 Unskilled Zombies

Thoughts?

16. Borke

Borke Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Borke
    Country Flag:
    +AV is almost never the right choice, and if the player in question is your primary ball carrier, there is even less reason to get +AV, cause he shouldn't get hit (almost) ever. On the other hand, +MA is a very strong stat increase for a ball carrier, as it increases the range from which he can run in (or the distance he can cover to run around obstacles, or the distance he can cover for an emergency hand-off). I'd give him +MA without a second thought.

On his next level, assuming it's a normal skill roll, I would even consider getting Sure Hands before Block.

Also: That's one strong Undead team you have there. You should probably focus on getting a real killer as soon as possible (MB, Tackle and Piling On on whichever Wight gets there first), but otherwise that's as close to perfect as I've seen in a while.

17. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    Perfect Undead team?

Where is the dirty player skeleton?

Perfect undead team indeed.

Anyway MV then block for the AG4 ghoul for me. I would want him to be able to do something on defense. You will then be happier using him to get an assist in an awkward position.

18. DeBonic

DeBonic New Member

Country Flag:
    Yeah, my dirty player was killed the recenty. Would have put dirty player on the zombie that skilled up, but he rolled doubles and i couldn't pass up the extra guard. I've actually had two dirty players killed so far. It seems people don't like the stompy players very much.

19. DeBonic

DeBonic New Member

Country Flag:
    I've been trying to feed my wights more touchdowns, but have run into intellgent defenders that force me to hand the ball off in order to score or make a risky dodge with the wight in a tight game. Well, that and people that concede before I can score. Anyways, I'm going with the +MV. It makes the most sense.

20. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    OK I might forgive you then. ;)