Tactics Skill Allocation Advice VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Znarx

Courier Staff
Cyanide Username
Znarx
Country Flag
I don't like putting Frenzy on Leapers unless they've ST 4 or more. I know Leap and Frenzy allow for some crowd surfing shenanigans, but at ST3, if you Leap into a cage, the second block will frequently be -2d, which is a recipe for a knocked over War Dancer followed by a gang foul. Plus I have a ST 4 lineman who will probably get Frenzy if he manages to level up enough for it. Piling On with a piece this value also seems problematic. You would only want to use it when you're not leaving yourself open to a retaliatory foul, which won't be all that often. So I think PO would likely not get used as much as MV 9 or Guard would.

I guess with the 10, AV is also an option, right? This guy is already pretty valuable, so maybe taking the AV to keep him on the pitch would be a good move. Good thing I have a lot of time to think this over before I have to make a decision.

Veggente85

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
VeggenteBBT
Cyanide Username
Veggente
Country Flag
For me MA is the best too. You need a lot of move to blitz who you want and still move in a safe position.

sbr32

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
sbr32
Country Flag
I have 2 normal skills on my BC2 Necro team.

Block/Guard/MB Flesh Golem and Blodgestep Werewolf.

Other relevant players: Rookie Golem, Rookie Wight, Guard/MB Wight, Blodge/MB/Tackle Wolf, Block/+AG Ghoul.

I figure there are only 3 possibilities for the Golem: Grab, Break Tackle, Tackle. More for the Wolf but considering: Tackle, Dauntless, Fend (probably a bit early), Jump Up mostly.

My last 3 games are against Dwarves, Orcs, and Lizards.

Any thoughts?

Regor

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I have 2 normal skills on my BC2 Necro team.

Block/Guard/MB Flesh Golem and Blodgestep Werewolf.

Other relevant players: Rookie Golem, Rookie Wight, Guard/MB Wight, Blodge/MB/Tackle Wolf, Block/+AG Ghoul.

I figure there are only 3 possibilities for the Golem: Grab, Break Tackle, Tackle. More for the Wolf but considering: Tackle, Dauntless, Fend (probably a bit early), Jump Up mostly.

My last 3 games are against Dwarves, Orcs, and Lizards.

Any thoughts?
Tackle and Tackle?

Veggente85

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
VeggenteBBT
Cyanide Username
Veggente
Country Flag
Tackle and Tackle?

Out of context, tackle is the way to go for me too.

So bad that tackle will not be the most useful skill in the next two games. You can eventually go for jump up on the werewolf if you feel that you really have too much tackle in the team (and nothing more else). It can help with some free claw blocks (useful vs dwarfs and orcs) and give you an always useful mov 8 from the floor...

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
I'd go for Break Tackle on the Golem and tackle on the wolf.
The ability to reposition your stand firm on necro teams is huge.

sbr32

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
sbr32
Country Flag
Thanks everyone for the answers so far. One thing I didn't mention, the Guard/MB Wight is at 29SPP and it's almost guaranteed he will take tackle on a normal skill. I am strongly considering Break Tackle and Tackle, but to be honest I really want JU on the Wolf. :D

Here's a new one. Wood Elf Catcher rolled a 4+4 on the first level for the entire team. I'm not too sure about Guard/MB before getting Block/Wrestle first.

Veggente85

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
VeggenteBBT
Cyanide Username
Veggente
Country Flag
Thanks everyone for the answers so far. One thing I didn't mention, the Guard/MB Wight is at 29SPP and it's almost guaranteed he will take tackle on a normal skill. I am strongly considering Break Tackle and Tackle, but to be honest I really want JU on the Wolf. :D

Here's a new one. Wood Elf Catcher rolled a 4+4 on the first level for the entire team. I'm not too sure about Guard/MB before getting Block/Wrestle first.

Not MB, you will not use him or your blitzes. A mobile guard is very useful, combine it with block and sidestep and it is great.

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
I'd take guard as well. He already has dodge so has some protection and all elf teams need guard.

jounisii

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
jounisii
Country Flag

Like the others said... GUARD!!!!!

crimsonsun

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
crimsonsun
Country Flag
I'd have gone tackle on the wolf and Grab on the Golem, grab is a hugely underrated skill but one that really gives you a solid 1turn threat with a ag 4 ball gatherer. Bit late to the party though. :D

sbr32

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
sbr32
Country Flag
I'd have gone tackle on the wolf and Grab on the Golem, grab is a hugely underrated skill but one that really gives you a solid 1turn threat with a ag 4 ball gatherer. Bit late to the party though. :D

I haven't taken any skills yet so not too late, thanks for the input.

I started a thread on fumbbl and they like grab too.

EDIT : Though BT and tackle have gained ground this morning. I haven't seen this much disagreement over a skill choice in a while. Guess not many golems make it this far, especially in only ~30 games

crimsonsun

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
crimsonsun
Country Flag
I haven't taken any skills yet so not too late, thanks for the input.

I started a thread on fumbbl and they like grab too.

EDIT : Though BT and tackle have gained ground this morning. I haven't seen this much disagreement over a skill choice in a while. Guess not many golems make it this far, especially in only ~30 games
Yeah Golems are notoriously difficult to skill up, they also have a lot of interesting skill options.

Metalface13

Rookie
Country Flag
Played my first game with my new Chaos Pact team last night and won, my goblin scored the only touchdown of the game and got the MVP. He's the only player to have scored. What should I give him for his first skill, Two Heads?

My roster if that helps at all:
Ogre x1
Troll x1
Dark Elf x1
Skaven x1
Orc x1
Goblin x1
Marauders x5
RR x4

Yes, I have an orc, playing the new Death Zone Season 2 rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.