1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tactics Skill Allocation Advice VI

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Nikolai II, Dec 10, 2016.

1. JJape

JJape Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    JJape
    Country Flag:
    I would stake the strength - more likely to survive than with guard, and as people say, take the gifts nuffle gives. Try to level block asap, althogh highly likely he will die before that. Whether to apo that guy or not, and where is his position in the who-goes-for-LOS later in match with some KOs/CAS.... would be actually nice to hear other people`s opinion, I have always antagonized over that myself. During my compratively short BB-time, I have had highly unusual amount str-boosted elf-linemen. Always had mixed feelings about them, as they can be liability without block, and often you have more important players to protect. Still, I like to play running play with elves, and bash back if possible, and strength helps you do that.

ManBearPig likes this.
  2. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    While I would take the guard. He is niggled so isn't going to last long so make the best use out of him now.
    Guard means a player with block,wrestle,tackle etc gets to make a blitz on a key player
    ST means you get a 2D block without block skill and puts 50K on a player who doesn't really do anything as you don't want to blitz with him and it will just be an end of turn block if there is someone standing next to him.

ManBearPig likes this.
  3. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    I'm don't like str or agi on elf linemen much. I take it if it's the first stat up on the team just in case I don't get another, but often end up cutting later.

ManBearPig likes this.
  4. Orielensis

Orielensis Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    I agree with TS. Linos are fodder for los and cage/screens.

I would take str over guard because he's niggled without block. Standing him next to people means you're playing with 10 basically :D

I did keep a blodge guard woodie Lino after he got niggled but he had blodge and was my only guard.

I honestly think if I were you I would sack him. If you don't want to, block or wrestle are probably both better than guard or strength.

5. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    My tablet only loaded half the posts so I replied to an two week old question. doh.

6. DireSickFish

DireSickFish Active Member

Steam Username:
    SickFish
    Cyanide Username:
    DireSickFish
    Country Flag:
    Take the strength and ride the lightning. He still doesn't get Apo privileges with that niggle. ST4 can really help out and make it difficult for them to move you. Well worth it. Guard is just going to taunt people into hitting you.

7. ManBearPig

ManBearPig Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    ManBearPig
    Country Flag:
    I decided to go with the ST. My last game of the season is vs Orcs. So I figure I can use him to try and level out some ST differences in the match. Once the season ends I will likely fire him if he survives. Thanks all

8. crimsonsun

crimsonsun Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    crimsonsun
    Country Flag:
    I'd have taken the Strength as well, though I wouldn't use the Apoth on him unless it was turn 16 because he has that niggle meaning his days are marked and he's not worth saving. Your going to struggle to get much use out of him against those Orcs however, that Orc side has very little bloat so is all Guard and Block, its really horrible but you've got the one team in the division that can on paper be odds on to win the game.

ManBearPig likes this.
  9. Znarx

Znarx Courier Staff

Cyanide Username:
    Znarx
    Country Flag:
    What do Chaos Dwarf coaches do with doubles as a first skill on a Hobgoblin? My team is pretty new, only a couple of level ups with Block on a Centaur and a different Hobgoblin and a couple of Chorfs with Guard. Dodge and Guard seem like the most obvious choices, but this team is likely to end up with tons of Guard anyway. With Dodge, it doesn't seem likely I'll end up with very many Dodge guys, and I don't know how useful it is to have Dodge on just one AG3 piece. I have close to no experience playing Chorfs. Advice appreciated!

10. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    If you are planning on having a hob pick up the ball instead of a bull then dodge is good.
    Otherwise just take wrestle or dirty player.

11. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    This

12. Sataric

Sataric Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    Dodge now and Block later will increase his survivability significantly, but at the cost of increased team-value. Sometimes it's best to just have completely unskilled Hobbos, and to grab Dirty Player on one or two. However, I personally find value in having at least one or two on the roster that actually has Blodge and contributes to the team with something more than just fouling and providing basic assists.

Another worthy skill to consider (in my opinion) is Leader. With Chaos Dwarf Re-Rolls being at a very costly price of 70k each, the value of the Hobgoblin + the Leader skill equals the same as just having a Re-Roll, meaning you get the player 'for free' in an odd way of looking at it. Downside is that he needs to be on the pitch for the skill to work, and he's quite vulnerable. If he actually gets taken out before you have a chance to use the Re-Roll, it's a bitter feeling.

13. Veggente85

Veggente85 Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    VeggenteBBT
    Cyanide Username:
    Veggente
    Country Flag:
    Rolled a double on my wood elf lineman that already has blodge and guard.

Suggestions? I'm think about MB (I don't have any) or leader.

14. TravelScrabble

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Meh I'd just take ss I think

Ravers likes this.
  15. Veggente85

Veggente85 Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    VeggenteBBT
    Cyanide Username:
    Veggente
    Country Flag:
    Didn't want to hear that, but I think that is the best solution too...

16. chakkal2001

chakkal2001 Active Member

Country Flag:
    Do you have any MB on the team? Else that may be worth getting. But yeah, after guard I don't think there's many good choices for a double for elven lineman. As said before SS is prolly the smart choice.

What I'd like to hear is how you keep a lino alive up to lvl 5?

17. Orielensis

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    I'd take mb you should always have one and 1 or 2 removals as woodies is golden.

However, you'd be committed to protecting him then he'd have to be one of your "5".

18. Orielensis

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    Right one of those "you lucky ****" questions.

My star agi 5 sure hands blodge gutter runner was going to get leap but rolled 5,5.

I don't have a MA 10 gutter yet so that's very tempting. The standard mutations not quite as good as he is already agi 5. I have a couple of guard and anyway wouldn't really want to put him in harms way often.

It's a perpetual tiered league (OCC2).

19. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    +MV for sure

20. TravelScrabble

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username: