1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tactics Skill Allocation Advice VI

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Nikolai II, Dec 10, 2016.

1. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    Double 2s on a rookie Wood Elf lineman which is the only level up on a team I will drop at the end of the BC2 season should be Guard right?

2. Sataric

Sataric Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    Guard is indeed what I would choose.

... But wait, you're in my division this season, right? I change my recommendation to Break Tackle. :cool:

3. Ging

Ging Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ging
    Country Flag:
    Yep, Guard is what I'd be picking too.

4. chakkal2001

chakkal2001 Active Member

Country Flag:
    Guard is pretty much only choice on WE linos on doubles

5. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    I just wasn't sure if it was worth taking or if I should skip it for a survival skill.

6. Znarx

Znarx Courier Staff

Cyanide Username:
    Znarx
    Country Flag:
    On my BC2 Wood Elf team, my ST4 Block lino got doubles (fours, so no move or strength possible). Team has no guard at all, but does have these guys:
    War Dancer, +MA, +AG, Mighty Blow, Tackle, Side Step
    War Dancer, +MA, -MA (so net MA 8), Strip Ball, Side Step
    Lineman, AG5, Leap, Wrestle, Dodge, Tackle

Guard seems like the obvious choice, but is there some better alternative that I'm not seeing? I've already got a Dancer with Mighty Blow, so taking that on another player doesn't seem like a great choice right now.

7. jrpeart

jrpeart Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    jrpeart
    Cyanide Username:
    jrpeart
    Country Flag:
    No.

Znarx and Ravers like this.
  8. Schattenwind

Schattenwind New Member

Country Flag:
    Hey all,

playing Necro in a league with only 4 matches to go (2x Chaos, 1x Dwarves, 1x...Chaos Dwarves). My Team has a Lvl 6 Agi4/Blogestep/Tackle Wulf, a Lvl 5 Agi2 MB Blodge Dauntless Wulf, a Str 5 Fles Golem with MB (but no Block...) and a ball carrier. Rest all average.
    Now, my other Flesh Golem rolled an 11. He has Block, Dodge, MB and Guard.
    As the league will reset next season, I'm looking for short-term benefit against the 4 teams mentioned.
    Options I came up with are:
    - Tackle (but not that much dodge anymore, and I have 2 Tackle already)
    - Break Tackle (less TV than Agi, similar effect)
    - Taking the Agi (as it combines with dodge)
    - Grab (preparing fouls, breaking up Dwarven lines)
    I have a slight pref for Grab or Break Tackle, but could not decide so far...and passing on a Skillup is hard.

Thanks!

9. Ging

Ging Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ging
    Country Flag:
    @Schattenwind
    As you say, Grab could be good for setting up fouls and surfs, but personally I'd be going for Break Tackle, especially as he already has Dodge.
    Being able to reposition a ST4, Blodge, Guard, SF player on a 2+ when required gives you more options, and your opponent more to think about.

10. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    I would give my vote to Break Tackle, lets you reposition him very reliably with it plus dodge, going from AG2 to AG3 wouldn't be worth the TV increase as with MA4, he is rarely going to dodge multiple times in a turn.

Grab could be ok, technically can surf a guy from LoS with grab + both wolves plus 2 other players (Grab to side, hit with wolf that was stood behind FG, double push so zombie can push once, followed by second wolf blitzing to push twice with second push going off (Other extra player is assist for those last 2 pushes), not sure its worth the effort but amusing possibility regardless.

But Break tackle certainly most useful of the options in my opinion.

TravelScrabble likes this.
  11. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    I REALLY wanted to take Grab on a similar Flesh Golem but ended up going with z Break Tackle. That guy is just too important to have him shut out of the play because he's glued to a lineman.

12. Znarx

Znarx Courier Staff

Cyanide Username:
    Znarx
    Country Flag:
    The embarassment of good level ups continues for my BC2 Wood Elf team. My Treeman rolled 12. I'm not taking Strength. I guess the real choices are Block, Pro, and Jump Up. Does anybody know if the implementation of Jump Up in BB2 allows MV 2 players to stand without rolling?

I have almost no experience with taking Pro on a player. I'm sort of reluctant to take it, due to its unreliability, but it does seem like Pro might be better on a Treeman than most players, due to it being useful for Take Root, standing up, and also failed blocks, only one of which will lead to a Turn Over if it fails.

13. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    It would be a huge bug if jump up didn't work on MV2 so I am sure I would have heard about it.
    All 3 options are good but I would go for block.
    It stops people trying the 2D against block hoping for a knockdown and makes your blocks much safer so you will need to stand up less often.

14. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    Second skill on Sure Hands Skink? I am pretty sure it's Side Step but Sprint and Sure Feet intrigue me.

15. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    SS

16. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I'd agree with that. Save the sprint and sure feet for one with a MA increase.

17. Orielensis

Orielensis Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    I'm just about to start a progression league with a single long season (21 teams), BLUA. Starting teams can spend 1.1m then (in my case as I have a tier 1 team) take 5 normal skills (max 1 per player).

I have lizards.

What would people take? Just block?

18. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    Not played Lizards much but break tackle on 1, guard on 2 block on 2?

Or break tackle plus 4 blocks if you really don't think you will need any guard.

A break tackle is good just to give you the option when all the Saurus get marked up.

Orielensis likes this.
  19. Orielensis

Orielensis Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    I have thought about a BT. But I also thought anyone who marks up all block saurus at that tv is a madman.

I should also have a tackle really as the skill package allows people to field several blodgers straight away. But one tackle saurus easy to mark out of the game?

20. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    Yeah i would probably just Block them all up...boring...maybe MB on one to get a bit of damage dealt. After the Block its the usual mix of guard, BT, MB and tackle.

Orielensis likes this.