1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tactics Skill Allocation Advice VI

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Nikolai II, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Borke

Borke Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Borke
    Country Flag:
    I like both alternatives. I would build the sacker slightly differently, prioritizing Leap and Tackle over Dodge (getting maximum sacking ability as quickly as possible). But a ST4 Blodger is also very strong, and a great candidate for Frenzy for side lane control.

Overall I'd prefer the sacker build, though.

2. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    My ~1300TV Table Top Wood Elf team has 3 skills pending, 4+6 on a Block Catcher and normal on 2 Rookie Linemen.

ordo elves.png

Pretty sure +MA is no brainer for the Catcher, that or another Side Step. Would taking +MA make Sure Feet more valuable on a next skill up or do I wait on that a bit?

Normally I would take Dodge first on Linemen but my next game, and last of the season unless I get lucky and make the playoffs, is against a +200TV Dwarf team and taking Dodge here seems a waste. I may regret that next season/playoffs though.

3. Veggente85

Veggente85 Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    VeggenteBBT
    Cyanide Username:
    Veggente
    Country Flag:
    mov for sure on the catcher. And yes, sure feets after is great, expecially on a player with only block. Unless you roll +agi.

Triple dodge is too much, expecially with dwarfs after. I would take at least one wrestle (always useful).

sbr32 likes this.
  4. jrpeart

jrpeart Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    jrpeart
    Cyanide Username:
    jrpeart
    Country Flag:
    If making the playoffs is within your control, then make picks based on this game, if not then pick for next season.
    Either way +MV is a no brainer, the only decision is between going 2xDodge, 2xWrestle, or one of each on the Linemen.
    I suppose one other option that could have a case made for it is getting a Dirty Player Lineman but it's not one I'd choose

sbr32 likes this.
  5. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    Yes for sure. My chances of making the playoffs are a bit better than I thought but there is no way I can do it without beating the 1600 Dwarves with my 1400 Woodies so everything is about that now, which is why I was thinking 2 Wrestle is preferable to any more Dodge. He has 6 Long Beards and 1 Troll Slayer with Tackle which isn't as much as he could have, but still enough that Dodge seems like wasted skills in that particular match. Also Wrestle isn't exactly a bad skill for Woodies long term, just prefer Dodge first.

6. Larkstar

Larkstar Active Member

Country Flag:
    My Undead Mummy who already sports the 3-6-1-9 Mighty Blow, Regeneration, Guard, Block line rolled another Doubles at 51 SPPs. It has to be Dodge, right? Am I missing something else. He doesn't get hit much as it is, but it certainly happens. I suppose other options would be Frenzy, Tackle. Not sure I like Side Step. Sure Feet or Leader are a little off the wall.

7. Veggente85

Steam Username:
    VeggenteBBT
    Cyanide Username:
    Veggente
    Country Flag:
    Dodge. It will be great once you get break tackle.

8. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Slann cathcer with +ST rolls a double as the second skill roll:powdodge: Im tempted to take wrestle regardless:bothdown: But willing to listen if there is a better solution. I only have a block lino and a guard lino on the team - the rest are rookies.

9. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Nah take the wrestle, guard is awesome on them but not on him

Netsmurf likes this.
  10. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I would also go for Wrestle but if you really want to use the double then Pass is an option ( or Accurate ).
    You're not going to take a passing skill on an AG3 player and you don't really want ST2 players as the main ballcarrier.

11. Znarx

Znarx Courier Staff

Cyanide Username:
    Znarx
    Country Flag:
    One of my War Dancers rolled another AGI increase. Her stat line:
    8/3/5/7 Strip Ball, +AG, Side Step, Tackle. Do I take the AG6? What do I even do with such a player? But I didn't know what I was going to take if it was another normals roll, so maybe AG6 makes sense.

I have two other AG 5 leap players, both lineos. One is Block, Dodge, +AG, Leap, Sure Hands. The other is Wrestle, Dodge, +AG, Leap, Tackle. AG 6 on the Sure Hands player would be obvious, but it's a bit less obvious with the Dancer.

Full roster is over in my team blog: https://bbtactics.com/forum/threads/game-of-thorns.9299/

12. Veggente85

Steam Username:
    VeggenteBBT
    Cyanide Username:
    Veggente
    Country Flag:
    It gives you 3+rr when cage diving. Useful when you are short of team reroll. In addition, it allows you to try a pickup after the sack.

As you said, alternatives are not great. Wrestle, Diving Tackle, Fend, Sure feets.

13. Orielensis

Orielensis Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    And dodge out after sack.

And in BB2 it’s even better for passing.

Take!

14. Mr. Ghoti

Mr. Ghoti Member

Country Flag:
    I would take guard. I love having guard on a 2+ leap carrier, and not needing to factor in a reroll from a lino or blitzer to get it done. S3 keeps them somewhat safer for the immediate retaliation.

15. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    My rookie Pro catcher just rolled doubles for his 1st level

Other key players in the team
    A blodge guard step catcher
    2 AG5 wrestle catchers ( 1 also has dodge and -AV )
    An AG5 dodge tackle leap blitzer.
    3 guard linemen ( 2 with block and 1 with wrodge )
    Don't have any MB

On a new team I would take guard but I already have 4
    On a normal I would take wrestle as I prefer 3 wrestle and 1 block on my catchers.
    MB without any other skills seems like a bad idea but would be great at level 3.

Thoughts?

16. Orielensis

Orielensis Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    Mighty blow

17. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    MB, most good targets to hit have block anyway so not having it isn't a huge deal, plus can feed him touchdowns to level up easily too.

18. Borke

Borke Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Borke
    Country Flag:
    I went the "MB first" route on a HElf Catcher before, and though it certainly causes some tense moments while you try to get those next 10 SPP, I'd do it again. On a PElf Catcher, getting those 10 SPP is even easier, so yeah, I'd say run with it.

19. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I'm going to take MB. Watch him die on a BD now.

Orielensis likes this.
  20. Wii Voll

Wii Voll New Member

Country Flag:
    Hi there,
    We are starting a new season and i kept my high elves. My Team has a TV of 1.410.000. I have 1 Lineman with kick, 2 Lineman with block and guard, 2 rookie Catcher, 5 rookie Lineman, a rookie thrower and two blitzer with dodge and a normal open.
    What would you suggest as normal skills for my Blitzers?

Here are my Blood Bowl Matches this Season:
    Pre: Orcs
    Pre: High Elves
    Pre: Humans
    1 Chaos Chosen
    2 Necromantic Horrors
    3 Nurgle
    4 Nurgle
    5 Saurier
    6 Waldelfen
    7 Dunkelelfen
    8 Nurgle
    9 Necromantic Horrors
    10 Chaos Chosen
    A Nurgle and Chaos Team are from an earlier season as well.