1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tactics Skill Allocation Advice VI

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Nikolai II, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Smeik

Smeik Active Member

Country Flag:
    BC2 Nordland Division, Skaven Team, Vernim Vendetta. I rolled second doubles with SV, who reached level 5 and already has claw. I'm thinking about giving him dodge or horns or ignore the double and put tackle on him. My other SV is level 6 and my designated blitzer but has -av and -mv so he probably wont last very much longer... Anyone any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. stephB

stephB Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    stephB
    Cyanide Username:
    stephB
    Country Flag:
    Just retire them both, too scary!! :p

3. Smeik

Smeik Active Member

Country Flag:
    You'd like that! But who will hurt all those delves then, that I have to play next?;)

4. Borke

Borke Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Borke
    Country Flag:
    My experience is more with Underworld (but with them I have quite a lot of experience, so there's that). That being said, I like Dodge on that Stormvermin quite a lot. He's got Guard already, so he will never be the killer type of Stormvermin (after all, you'd never give him Piling On). And with Guard, he's gonna want to be in contact a lot, which means Dodge will keep him healthy much longer. Plus, it'll help when you want to reposition that Guard piece.

As for your killer: With those two injuries he's probably still fine, if only just. If you are near the end of a season, with nothing to play for, I'd possibly consider replacing him and trying to get a new one to level 2/3 quick.

5. DeBonic

DeBonic New Member

Country Flag:
    I"m trying to figure out what to do with a bretonnian lineman with block that rolled a second skill. I have one lineman with kick and dp and another with dp. I see my options as: dauntless for bashy teams, tackle since i don't have any yet but haven't had a major need yet, another dp, or fire him and get another one.

6. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Ah yes the old leveling stormvermin quick routine....doesn't tend to work out well.

7. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    Unless you are playing without Blitzers you should have enough Dauntless. A single Lineman with Tackle would be easy enough to neutralize so I wouldn't bother with that.

I would go Dirty Player or Fire depending on TV and how much you foul/need the Block.

8. Sataric

Sataric Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    Dauntless seems silly to me since you already have 4x of that on your Blitzers by default. Taking Dirty Player on a peasant that already has Block seems sub-optimal as well. I'd probably go for Tackle since it will help you against agility teams (especially once you have it on all three of your Scrim peasants), or possibly Pro just so you can take more blocks with this piece towards the end of the turn and reroll unfavorable results.

Generally speaking though, Peasants seem the best to me with just one level up each if they don't get doubles in most cases - 3x Block/Wrestle for the Scrimmage, 2-3x Dirty Players for mass fouling, and a Kicker. (Which can be combined with DP if you have other primary foulers to use first, I suppose!) These pieces are primarily used to tie up opponents, provide assists, absorb a couple of hits here and there, and foul like madmen. They can do all of this quite well completely without any skills at all. I'd much prefer taking an extra additional peasant over a leveled one, if you don't already have 16 players on the roster, and/or to keep the TV low rather than having it bloated with skills you won't get much use out of.

9. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    I had dauntless on a block peasant and he did a job in a very bashy league. The knights were often needed elsewhere and I didnt have as much guard as I would like so he could push saurus and the like away. It was a situational choice but it worked at the time.

If you are facing lots of Elves tackle could do something similar. If this is MM I would probably fire him though.

10. Ponghines

Ponghines New Member

Steam Username:
    Ponghines
    Country Flag:
    Hi, what do i do with my 2 wardancers normal skill ups: first has strip ball and mighty blow, second has frenzy sidestep. I was thinking about tackle to the first but really dont know what to do with second: tackle, strip ball or something else?

11. Borke

Borke Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Borke
    Country Flag:
    Dauntless seems a possibility, for surfing higher strength targets.

12. NieA7

NieA7 Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    NieA7
    Cyanide Username:
    Under7
    Country Flag:
    My necro dodge wight just rolled a 10 (6+4) for his next skill. On a normal roll I was going to take guard, but with dodge I can see a good case for either move or armour. I'm building the rest of the side a bit oddly (both golems and the other wight have MB as their first skill, with block to follow for the golems and guard for the wight) so I'm painfully short of guard at the moment, but I do hate letting stat rolls go...

13. DireSickFish

DireSickFish Active Member

Steam Username:
    SickFish
    Cyanide Username:
    DireSickFish
    Country Flag:
    Take Guard. Wolves and ghouls should be fast enough, and a Blodge Guard piece is fantastic.

14. Dunkane

Dunkane Member

Steam Username:
    Guiks06
    Country Flag:
    Hi, i play in Nuln Division. I roll my second double on my yeti ... But he is lvl 3 ! ... So i have Block and ... a new double ! ...
    I'm really lost ^^...
    Atm i want to take pro, for Block pro Mb po break takle
    or dodge Mb stand firm guard ...

15. Sataric

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    I have two High Elf catchers that both rolled +AGI on their first skill-ups, which I took. Now both of them are approaching the next level up each. How do you guys recommend I develop them? I have no other catchers on the team anymore (they died!), but I've got a very solid Thrower and like to pass quite a bit. The team is quite new overall, and has low TV - One of the Blitzers is leveled and took Dodge, and the other is still at level 1.

Oh, and could an Admin perhaps pin this topic and unpin the old one instead, since we've switched advice threads? Cheers!

16. Dunkane

Dunkane Member

Steam Username:
    Guiks06
    Country Flag:
    With Agi 5, i will want to go at least with one. Dodge Wrestle Strip ball or leap
    And i think for second one, i will still start with Dodge then block nerves of steel Leap

But that's my way to play elf ... Don't know if it's relevant ^^

17. Borke

Borke Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Borke
    Country Flag:
    Alright, here's a page from the book of wisdom of Jounisii, the terror from the sky: One of those Catchers wants to go Wrestle->Leap->Tackle, the other wants to go Guard->Block/Dodge->Block/Dodge->Leap (obviously you take Guard whenever you can, as it's a double). I'd probably prioritize Dodge over Block on the second one, unless you are in a very Tackle heavy environment.

The idea behind this is obviously to leap into cages and go after ball carriers - as often and as directly as you can. Make the opponent regret ever touching that ball. AG5 is great for this, as leap is an unmodified AGI roll.

Sataric likes this.
  18. Sataric

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    Amazing Yeti. Wow. I like the sound of Pro but I would probably avoid Pile-On later - With such an amazing killer machine, people would try to foul you any chance that they could get if you are ever down on the ground, so you probably want to avoid that, or at least use it very very rarely. But Pro would allow you to make the Yeti your main Blitzer and use him much more often and more reliably. That is what I would select! (Followed by Mighty Blow and Break Tackle)

19. Sataric

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    That sounds really solid. You are certain Tackle is preferable over Strip Ball, though? I will trust your wisdom on this one, of course - Not going to set myself up to get schooled twice in a single day! :p Just want to make certain that I don't muck this up, and since they are both catchers they start with the Catch skill meaning I have an average chance of actually getting the ball into the firm grip of their hands sometimes. Or would I pick Strip Ball after Tackle if I ever make it that far alive?

20. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    I agree on the yehtee. Their job is to blitz high av targets and norse desperately need them to do that so losing less blitzes to WA and getting to rr pushes is important. Don't get PO though UNLESS you take jump up now...