1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tactics Skill Allocation Advice VI

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Nikolai II, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Orielensis

Orielensis Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    Yep guard for sure

2. Sataric

Sataric Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    Had a similar situation with my own High Elves. I went MB on a Blitzer as one of the first level ups the team ever rolled, and then rolled doubles on a Catcher just a few games thereafter. I did go for the MB on both and it has served me reasonably well, but the lack of Guard on the team is a much bigger issue than punching hard enough. In hindsight, I probably should have gone Guard on both instead. I'd say both are viable options but that Guard is the stronger pick.

3. L-Kid

L-Kid Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    L-kid
    Country Flag:
    Got a dirty player orc lineman that just rolled doubles, I'm thinking of going for sneaky git to make him a solid foul player..

What do you guys suggest? Is it worth the TV or is there a better skill to get?

4. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    Sneaky git isn't really worth it as it only does anything if you roll a double and don't break armour.
    I'd just take block.

L-Kid likes this.
  5. L-Kid

L-Kid Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    L-kid
    Country Flag:
    Yeah I've been thinking about it and probably going to go for wrestle now, dirty git is a bit to circumstantial to be a good pick. Cheers :)

6. JJape

JJape Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    JJape
    Country Flag:
    Thanks for the advice. Took Guard for the High-Elf Catcher. And finally got funds to replace my bloated lvl4 zon-DP-lino with rookie.

Sataric likes this.
  7. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    Regarding guard on HE catchers, it's certainly not a wasted skill. If I had no guard already I would take it over MB. But you have a lot of line elves and blitzers that are likely to take guard on the first double as well. If I have a few guard I would absolutely take MB on the catcher. To me it depends on the current makeup of the team.

8. Mr. Ghoti

Mr. Ghoti Member

Country Flag:
    I agree with Jav here, elves need a lot of guard to stay in the ST game, and i would be hard pressed not to take it every chance i could get. However Nerves of Steel is a nice thing to have on a catcher, especially if it gets some sneaky skills like sidestep, dodge, and leap.

9. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    Okay, new High Elf catcher doubles question! This is a pretty developed team in tier 4 of the OCC. Sitting 4-2-2, and likely to move up a division if I win or get a tie against an undead team next match week.

http://www.bb2leaguemanager.com/Leaderboard/team_detail.php?team_id=2374798&community_id=1

Viscount, the thrower, picked up strong arm. Dylan, the lineman, pickedup dodge.

Now I have Alistair, a blodge catcher with a double. I have a level 2 catcher with MB who will get wrestle next (my wrackle catcher died recently).

I'm considering: MB, a MB player with block is a better bitzer for now.
    Guard, because blodge guard that is mobile is always useful, though I do have two blodge guard line elves already.
    Tackle, as another blitzing threat with a good range
    SideStep, because sidestepping blodgers are annoying.
    Nerves of Steal, to make him a receiving threat that's hard to take away.

I don't want to use him like a guard lineelf since he is only AV7, and my only catcher with a protection skill (I find it hard to level HE catchers since they don't start with any protection skill and are AV7 they get hit any time you expose them).

Thoughts appreciated!

10. Mr. Ghoti

Mr. Ghoti Member

Country Flag:
    Nerves sounds cool. Makes them a real threat in your opponent's backfield. Although I like taking guard or MB whenever I can on elves. That little bit of extra muscle gets you out of tight spots.

11. Orielensis

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    Another Blunderworld dilemma!

This guy rolled 5,5. I was intending to give him wrestle building a sacker. MA is not that great even though he'd be a 1 turning threat as my ttm option is probably better?

But I'd love another guard (that doesn't die immediately) and dodge would also be great.

2019-03-24 (1).png

Full team currently (2 gobs mng):

2019-03-24.png

12. Supa

Supa Active Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    My first instinct would be to go Dodge. Although Guard would also be useful, your team is still going to get out-muscled a lot. Ag4 and Dodge is going to serve Underworld game plan better imo. But I'm not 100% sure and Guard could very well be the correct choice.

I wouldn't consider MA8 or AV8 at all. And you don't want to skip that double imo.

13. FemurMuertez

FemurMuertez Active Member

Steam Username:
    FemurMuertez
    Cyanide Username:
    FemurMuertez
    Country Flag:
    Second to dodge, as he is already agi+. Next wrestle and you have your sacker.
    He will certainly die faster with guard but without dodge.:D That's more than asking for it.:p

14. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    I’d probably go dodge but I’d be looking whistfully at Guard all the while. He will go splat if you take Guard but you do need it somewhere.

15. Supa

Supa Active Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    Another option could be to take Block on the next level up, since that guy might find the ball on its hands quite often. Maybe Big Hand after Block for some crazy shenanigans, but he probably won't live that long. :D

16. Orielensis

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    yeah guard is better if he lived for another level probably but he ain't gonna so dodge looks nice currently

17. Trunkhead

Trunkhead Active Member

Steam Username:
    Skepticalz
    Cyanide Username:
    Trunkhead
    Country Flag:
    Guard means you need to be b2b contact. I would never willingly put an av7 ag4 rat in b2b except for extreme cases. I think dodge is a no brainer here. esp with mutation access you can get 2heads later.

the other route you can go is Leap>wrestle>VLL for a sacker

FemurMuertez likes this.
  18. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    If he wasn't AG4 I would say MB but with AG4 dodge is so much better than on AG3.

Block , Claw , MB is the dream for underworld linemen but AG4 , wrodge , tackle is pretty good.

Supa likes this.
  19. Orielensis

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    Yeah I prefer wrodge tackle tbh I don’t get to make enough blocks to make stacking more claw mb worth it

Halub likes this.
  20. Supa

Supa Active Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    It also works as a psychological weapon too, even 1d blocks with Claw+MB are dangerous. Also more hits on LoS to potentially snowball the game in your favor. Can't go wrong with wrackle though, but I would take mb on AG3 too with doubles.