1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tactics Skill Allocation Advice VI

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Nikolai II, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Supa

Supa Active Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    Can't go wrong with Guard. Leader is an option to take, you might want to drop to 4 re-rolls then though.

2. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I'd take tackle. Vamps need guard less than anyone else and I would go tackle and then diving tackle to give you someone to mark elven catchers.

Supa likes this.
  3. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    I would also take tackle, the two str 5 guard pieces are really interesting, will have to check out some of your games to see how they end up being used.

DireSickFish and Supa like this.
  4. Supa

Supa Active Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    For some reason I fixated on the rookie thrall whose picture is showing. Ah well. At least we have at least two sharper coaches here. :)

5. DireSickFish

DireSickFish Active Member

Steam Username:
    SickFish
    Cyanide Username:
    DireSickFish
    Country Flag:
    @TravelScrabble they're a lot of fun. Draw heavy enemy focus. Really need Stand Firm on them.

6. Regor

Regor Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Tackle as sayed seems the best pick for your team. Because if your killer vamp die u will have some games without Tackle :eek:
    Other option, as him already have SS, would be Frenzy. A Frenzy player give some positional advantage on the field, and with HGaze its a lot tricky for your opponent to protect from that.

7. Borke

Borke Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Borke
    Country Flag:
    I was thinking Frenzy as well. It's a really nice option to have on Vamps. Serves as both a poor man's Tackle and a side line threat.

8. neokoros

neokoros New Member

Country Flag:
    I am playing Necro for the first time in a league.

So far I have my third upgrade available. I have 1 *guard* wight, 1 *block* werewolf, and my 2nd wight has his first upgrade now available. I know the common knowledge from reading posts/guides is to get guard on both wights first and foremost, but the remaining teams in my league I will face is in the following order below. It makes me lean towards getting Tackle first because of all the dodge. What are your thoughts: Guard, Tackle, or MB on this second wight?

1. goblins
    2. high elf
    3. lizard
    4. nurgle
    5. skaven
    6. amazon
    7. orc

9. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    Do you have both wolves? How are MVPs awarded?

I'd have a hard time taking tackle as first skill there but wouldn't argue if you did.

10. BallztotheWalla

BallztotheWalla Active Member

Country Flag:
    1 the answer to most skill questions is MB
    2 mb is better than tackle against all those teams anyway except maybe the lizzies, but that’s only if you’d rather claw away at the saurii..

Supa likes this.
  11. neokoros

neokoros New Member

Country Flag:
    Its BB2, computer version. So MVP is random. Prob will be awhile before the wight levels up again. I am able to buy a fresh second wolf for my upcoming game against goblins. I've only played 2 games in this league so far, so I was lucky to get 3 level ups + enough cash for a second WW in only 2 games. (I am still a new player, but I like Necro's hybrid ability). We might do a second round-robin in this league and the two other teams I would face again after my 8th upcoming game are norse and chaos dwarf (in addition to facing all the other 7 teams listed above again).

12. Veggente85

Veggente85 Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    VeggenteBBT
    Cyanide Username:
    Veggente
    Country Flag:
    He's right. Take MB because it is good against these teams. MB will also help you reach the second skill faster.

13. neokoros

neokoros New Member

Country Flag:
    Interesting. I read several times Necro wight should go for guard as a first skill above all else. With all the dodge teams coming up, I was thinking of it being an exception to the rule and possible taking tackle first. But MB before guard? I hadn't seriously considered that before. Would just the other wight having guard be enough?

14. TomSchnizz

TomSchnizz Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Tom Schnizz
    Cyanide Username:
    Le Bread masqué
    Country Flag:
    Mb or guard. If you already have one guard, mb is pretty good.

Like veggente said he should level quickly and be able to take guard or tackle after.

15. Supa

Supa Active Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    Both Undead and Necro teams generally want the first wight to be built as a killer, while the other one is more of a "general" blitzer (Guard, Mighty Blow, Tackle/Stand Firm).

16. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    I prioritize MB on wights for the Undead team, but whenever possible I blitz with the WW on necro. When you're blitzing a lot with frenzy guard becomes really important. Since the flesh golems have to take block first in most cases it can be forever before you get guard on them...

sbr32 likes this.
  17. JJape

JJape Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    JJape
    Country Flag:
    For my Chaos Dwarves in UKBBL-Premiership, I rolled a double for for hobbo who already has +MA. What makes things tricky, is that I also got +AG hobbo, who would fit better (imo) to ball-carrying duties.

So choices are either dodge (backup ball carrier, or to make a hand-off pair for desperate times) or guard (I have already 7, but you can never have too much).

I also have hobbo with Block/SH/KOR, who I will sack once I get SH on some other hobbo.

18. Orielensis

Orielensis Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    I think dodge cos +MA hob with guard is not going to last5 minutes

19. Supa

Supa Active Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    Chaos dwarves are quite immobile and have plenty of guard on sturdy players, so Dodge hobbo jmakes sense for +MA. Backup carrier is a good idea for your situation I believe. Like Ori said it's not going to last long with Guard. :D

20. Borke

Borke Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Borke
    Country Flag:
    How long do Hobbos last, anyway? I mean, except the one that is your designated ball carrier? Make this one shine brightly before he dies! Give him Sprint!