1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tactics Skill Allocation Advice VI

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Nikolai II, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    Hmm more advice required. DE still. upload_2019-8-23_21-35-4.png
    Managed to roll doubles on Sea who has taken 3 in 6 MVPS. Guard, Jump Up, Tackle (which would have been the choice on normals) or anything better???

2. Supa

Supa Active Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    Why not Guard? Still fine with Wrestle and who knows how long it takes 'til you roll it again. You need it especially against the big boys. There can't be another alternative. :D

Edit: I think this post is more of "Look at me, I rolled +ST to a witch elf!". ;)

3. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    :D nah I am curious as to what people would take. I am probably gonna go Guard, but interested in opinions

Guard wrestle seems a bit wrong...

4. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    Guard isn't ideal but is still the right choice.
    I would have taken dodge on a normal mainly because wrodge guard is way better than any other wrestle , non dodge , double.

5. Veggente85

Veggente85 Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    VeggenteBBT
    Cyanide Username:
    Veggente
    Country Flag:
    For me the first wrestle/tackle of a team beats wrodge. But from there onward wrodge is better. I'm a little late for that, but on a dark elf I would take either block or dodge as first skill, this to maximize the chances to build blodge guard players.

6. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Guard unless you want to go with MB in the hope he rolls another double for PO. With Tackle and Jump Up you can then have a nice killer, though Wrestle is also not ideal for that build either. You can never have enough Guard!

7. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    AG5 AV6 wrodge leap pro elf catcher rolls an 11.

I am thinking tackle as AG6 is rarely going to be needed for dodging , only makes a difference for catching when facing nurlge and in 2 DP zones which just leaves picking up the ball in multiple TZ's.

I also have a superstar AG5 leap tackle blitzer , another AG5 wrodge catcher and a AG5 wrodge guard lineman so have other players who can recover the ball and wrestle tackle is better than block tackle at knocking it loose.

Other option is strip ball.

Thoughts?

8. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Strip Ball sounds good, unless you are in need of more Tackle. Agree that Ag 6 is probably a bit redundant.

9. Supa

Supa Active Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    AG6 has to be an overkill more often than not. I like tackle more than strip, but you can scout your next opponents and make your decision based on that.

10. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    Early league halfling team. 1 tree w grab 2 ss flings that’s it. I rolled double 6 on a fling.

Considering ST, block or DP. Wrestle maybe but not yet.

Probably going ST but that means I need to buy an appo. Basically is it worth it? If it were later in the league then it would be better but it’s basically a 13k fling which seems alot this early.

11. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    No ST3 flings aren't worth it and certainly not worth an apoth as well.
    Don't buy the apoth until you get AG4 and then only use it on that player.
    If the ST3 fling also gets block then he becomes useful but for that you need to get lucky and he costs 110K. It is only 30K more for Puggy ( 20K less at home ) and you don't need to protect him.

IMO the most important double on a fling is DP but only if you have enough players to support it.
    If you went for a min TV roster to get inducements every game then block is better.
    Also sack the sidestep flings when you have the cash to replace as rookies are better and you want to get as many flings to lvl 2 as possible for more chance of the +AG.

Finally trees that don't roll a double or 10 want break tackle. Grab is nice if you have rooted as it makes the player dodge away but until you root BT is way better.

12. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    If you insist I take dirty player maybe it’s time I learnt how to foul.

I am waiting till I get my second reroll till I get break tackle. The Ogre coach in me knows that it’s a great skill but I want my comfort blanket of a reroll to use it and I want to be as hard to get past when my chef doesn’t do much.

I do love ss so maybe I’m biased but I am going to hang on to them for a bit to see how they do. Flings seem to have alot of weak screens and ss in the right place has helped (in my mind at least).

13. Supa

Supa Active Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    I also believe that DP is the best choice for flings here.

14. Larkstar

Larkstar Active Member

Country Flag:
    Yup, +ST is mostly a waste on Halflings. DP is great, and you can't go wrong with Block. But if you haven't selected yet, I'm very fond of Sure Hands. I've lost count of the number of times I've Rooted with a Tree on the very first roll of the match! Infuriating. Rerolling it with a loose ball is borderline madness without an AG 4 Fling (sometimes even WITH an AG 4 Fling). Point is, the more reroll-type skills for your Flings the better. It's why I'm also a big fan of Sure Feet before Side Step. When your Fling actions are backed up by an in-built reroll, your Tree actions can be given greater consideration because, in my opinion, they are usually more important during the length of the drive.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    Orielensis likes this.
  15. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    Nurgle.png

2 Normal levels on my early Nurgle team.

My thought was take Mighty Blow on the Pest here in case the other one rolls something special when he hits 16SPP. If he rolls a normal then he gets Sure Hands and becomes ball carrier. Unless something weird happens I don't plan on hiring a 3rd Pest this season (2 games left) for TV reasons. Any better ideas?

I've seen a few people (hot here) recently say to take Kick on a Rotter but I don't think I like that. As long as I only have 2 Pests it's fine but I am assuming I would want all 3 on the field when kicking eventually? Otherwise I would take DP.

16. Regor

Regor Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I would go for DP. If the rotter had block or wrestle i would take the kick. With cheap players as rotters, DP seems really good and cheap :)

17. Supa

Supa Active Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    Mb makes sense on the pesti. Ideally you roll +MA to one of the four (before any kill skills) who will become your baller. Your team is a project so take some time building your team.

DP is great on a rotter or two (or three). Hopefully your rotters do not skill up too much, since after their first skill they're so bloaty. Kick is a bit meh on such a slow team. I'd rather look at tackle or claw after block/wrestle, although that's meh too.

sbr32 likes this.
  18. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    So I have just rolled a double 6 on a rookie fling in my OCC team.

I already have a block ag5 fling , a block fling and 3 dirty players.

So what should I take?

Another DP seems like overkill
    Don't really need 3 block flings
    ST3 isn't much use
    Sure hands to make getting the ball to the star for the 1 turner easier. But that relies on the ball landing near this player
    Kick Return for the same reason
    Wrestle could be useful
    Tackle would go well with DT if he lives that long
    Kick as a failed pick up in the backfield can mean an easy score.
    Something else like mb or po for giggles.

19. Supa

Supa Active Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    ST3 doesn't seem that useful and no more DP is needed either. He doesn't look like the main carrier either. So wrestle for safer blocks, protection and semi-dangerous sacking option? Seems like the safest overall option, although block is also neat for a marking route. But that build won't last long (well, which one of them does... :p). Absolutely no experience of trying/facing kick flings, I imagine it's far too niche to take over block or wrestle.

20. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    Nurgle.png

Ok another question about a skill on a specific Pestigor, but also generally about Nurgle and Pest development in general.

This is my BC2 team. I am in T4 with 9 brand new teams so I will be giving up a ton of Inducements every game. My Pest rolled a Normal skill.

I am assuming the Blodger will be my ball carrier, with Sure Hands/Two Heads, or maybe the other way around. Mighty Blow guy gets Claw then PO/Tackle. So should this Pestigor go Wrestle for a Wrackle Sacker/Safety or Block for a general purpose see what his next skill will be?

Lastly at what point, if any, do you go to 4 Pestigors? I can't see hiring one anytime soon with the TV differentials I am playing at. I wouldn't want all 4 on the field together on defense, so the ball carrier sits out, but I would guess I want the option to go with 4 on offense.