1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tactics Skill Allocation Advice VI

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Nikolai II, Dec 10, 2016.

1. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    The blodger will be your ballcarrier unless you roll +AG on a different one.
    So I would give this guy block as well as it leaves your options open.

I would also buy the 4th pest now.
    If you are already giving up 350K in inducements you may as well make it nearly 500 and get a 4th pest and a rotter to go up to 13 players.
    Nurgle don't get good until the TV goes above 2000 so you want all 4 pests getting skills asap.

2. Supa

Supa Active Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    Pretty much what tys said.

Pestis are better than rotters without a doubt, you won't have to mind about team value in leagues too much. Later on you'll start to realize how mediocre rotters are when positionals are injured. So go for the 4th pesti now and as an extra you have 9 players who are good MVP candidates. Rotter is a sound option so you won't run out of players, taking you to 13 players.

You need 2 killers, one is mostly a backup when you lose your other one and you need to have one in each game later on. Carrier is also needed. #4 can be a sacker, but utility pestigor is also good. As tys said take block now for the 3rd one. Keeps you most flexible regarding skill choices.

Blodge is your win-now carrier until you roll +AG or MA to any pestigor not built as a killer.

3. BallztotheWalla

BallztotheWalla Active Member

Country Flag:
    Mighty blow, then Claw then po..on all your players.. after that block guard sf etc etc

4. Orielensis

Orielensis Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    I'd go wrestle for wrackle this time yes.

5. Tusak

Tusak Active Member

Steam Username:
    Tusak
    Cyanide Username:
    Tusak
    Country Flag:
    I'd also go for the wrestle, tackle ballhawk route on this one. You don't have any tackle, so wrestle will help against blodgers and block carriers.

I would also buy 4th pesti to become secondary killer, and skip block as first skill, so mb, claw, po, block, tackle or similar route. 4th pesti will also help your offence with speed and blitzing power.

6. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    That's 2 votes for Block 2 for Wrestle, any one else have any input? I'm leaning Wrestle myself. If Pestigor #4 rolls AG or MV on his first level I wouldn't be able to have a Wrackler at all. Maybe that isn't as important as I am thinking, but I think I want one any way.

7. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    One Pestigor with Wrackle normally makes sense at some point.

sbr32 likes this.
  8. BallztotheWalla

Country Flag:
    As i said earlier...

9. Borke

Borke Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Borke
    Country Flag:
    @tys123 if you haven't skilled that Fling yet, I think Wrestle is the best choice. It's defensively as well as offensively useful. It has great synergy with your abundance of Dirty Players. It offers additional cage diving possibilities (though you probably shouldn't be cavalier about that).

The Tackle option is the only other one I find appealing, but that relies on him surviving for a while. And we all know how likely that is. You have too many valuable Flings already, in no way are you going to protect a Tackle Fling while he struggles to get to 16 SPP.

If you were closer to making that final push for the Championship division, I'd be more inclined towards Kick, because I think that's a skill that can be very useful when you push for that win in matches. But I assume you'll be more conservative for at least one more season after this one, which makes Kick less appealing to me.

10. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I am still deciding between wrestle and kick but probably going wrestle.
    I was only going to be playing flings for a couple of seasons until the AG5 happened.
    I will be retiring the team after either he scores another 10 td's to make legend or is retired so probably just 1 more season after this one.

11. Supa

Supa Active Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    [​IMG]

Right then, what to take for the lineman? He rolled 5+5 and I think it's going to be guard or pile on. Maybe should've picked up guard earlier, but mighty blow has been really effective so far and my original plan was to make him a sweeper with block+tackle later on. He could become a pomber and let blitzers develop differently... but that'd be disrespecting towards their built in jump up.

Catcher Bär Hana unfortunately got niggled. He's that kind of a player that if I want to use him, he's going to get punched and fouled. So he's a big liability thanks to his bloat if I do not get to score when he rushes in or if I have to play men down. I wouldn't mind too much sacking him or seeing him die, but obviously he can be a game changer at times. Original plan was to make him a sacker who tries to win me games and dies whenever his time is due. Alternative plan would be to have him as a carrier, not the worst with niggle...

Lineman Sushi Uno got MA busted, but he's still obtained 5SPP, so firing doesn't seem that obvious. I guess I could use him as LOS fodder for one game at least, since I got 2 MNGs...

Thoughts?

12. Sataric

Sataric Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    @Supa - Shame about the Niggle on Bär Hana, mate. I'd still keep him though. Probably still go with the game-changer Sacker plan and enjoy seeing him shine until the sand in his hourglass runs out.

I'd pick Piling On for Ciboire simply because POMB is one of those skill-combo's that you can't really have too many of in my opinion, and it's going to take a while before your Blitzers catch up with him. Also having a Lineman with this skill combination means you can use it a bit more carelessly later on, as it wouldn't be the end of the world if he gets a boot to the face once your team has a bunch of strong Blitzers to fall back on.

As for Sushi Uno, I'd stick him on permanent LoS duty, and then use him to mark annoying but slow-moving enemies. :cool:

Supa likes this.
  13. Supa

Supa Active Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    Cheers Sataric. After some thinking and discussion on discord, I ended up with the following:

- Ciboire Tabearnac learned to pile on
    - Bär Hana rests for one more game. He's close to getting booted as I don't want him to earn anymore SPP anymore, but he might still be useful...
    - Sushi Uno unfortunately had to go - I didn't want to earn a single point of SPP for him anymore.

With all that taken care of, Sucky Bloat embraced the bloat even more and bought themselves their third blitzer, @FemurMuertez.

FemurMuertez likes this.
  14. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    You know Supa block and dodge are good skills not only for Big Guys :p

Supa likes this.
  15. FemurMuertez

FemurMuertez Active Member

Steam Username:
    FemurMuertez
    Cyanide Username:
    FemurMuertez
    Country Flag:
    About time you bring in a real bloaty sucker. I won't let you down coach!

16. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    I need to pick my next skill before I find out who is in my division next season. Is there any reason to take anything other than Tackle? It seems like the right choice in a vacuum but things like Stand Firm and Frenzy are whispering sweet nothings in my ear.

orcs 002.png

17. BallztotheWalla

Country Flag:
    Unless you are playing for a championship next season the answer is PO and will always be the second skill for a orc blitzer imo

18. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I would also go for PO if you hadn't given him guard.
    However your mass guard indicated more of a control rather than kill build so tackle is better for that.
    SF is ok but probably not this early and frenzy works with all your guard but I still prefer tackle.

19. klawo

klawo New Member

Steam Username:
    klawek
    Country Flag:
    Coaches,

Double 6s on a High Elf Thrower. It is his first skill, should I take +STR?

20. Supa

Supa Active Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    Without knowing the context, I'd probably say yes in almost all cases. Expensive (he's also a thrower), but he'll be harder to hit and can hit things easier. So he's able to act as a roadblock at times. Also helps on carrying duties.