1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tactics Skill Allocation Advice VI

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Nikolai II, Dec 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I have had 16 players a few times and kept a 13 or 14 man roster for a couple of seasons at the top.
    The key is don't get injured.
    Also helps if you keep knocking the ball loose.
    That way the opponent has to blitz with the player who can reach rather than the MBPO guy every turn.

Waleed likes this.
  2. burning_phoneix

burning_phoneix Active Member

Steam Username:
    burning.phoneix
    Country Flag:
    Niggled players also Miss the next game right? Does he still count to my TV?

3. DireSickFish

DireSickFish Active Member

Steam Username:
    SickFish
    Cyanide Username:
    DireSickFish
    Country Flag:
    Strong arm is a waste of a skill pick. It costs 30k and works in fewer situations than Accurate does for 20k. I'd consider it on an already developed thrower that has Pass, Accurate, Safe Throw, and Blodge. But taking it as first skill is a waste. Guard and just have a lineman that is better at ball handling.

Supa likes this.
  4. Waleed

Waleed Active Member

Country Flag:
    No..your next game TV is always down any MNG/any permanent injuries for the next game.
    On your Team roster they will be"dulled out" and those players do not count for your TV next game.

5. burning_phoneix

Steam Username:
    burning.phoneix
    Country Flag:
    One of my Lv.1 catchers has rolled for a +MA or +AV.

I'm tempted to get +MA but I really want to get Dodge on him because any match I lose one or two catchers, it becomes very difficult to avoid Double marking on them. What do you guys think?

6. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I'd take the move.
    Yes it isn't too difficult to get the 3 pushes needed for a 1 turn TD but 2 pushes is really simple.

7. DireSickFish

Steam Username:
    SickFish
    Cyanide Username:
    DireSickFish
    Country Flag:
    Move on your fasted player is always a good idea.

8. burning_phoneix

Steam Username:
    burning.phoneix
    Country Flag:
    Yes but here's the thing: I don't know how to do 1 turn TDs and I hate learning new things. :confused:

9. Supa

Supa Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    Take the movement and never look back, then practice oneturners. ;) With that player in your team it'll be harder for others to beat you as 2-2 would be a strong possibility even in otherwise well executed 2-1 grind by opponents. It's not even limited to just oneturning if you're not afraid of fielding him, the reach that guy is outstanding.

10. burning_phoneix

Steam Username:
    burning.phoneix
    Country Flag:
    Got five level ups last game and a whole lot of problems:

My ST4 Guard Blitzer rolled 11 so he can get +AG but he still doesn't have dodge
    My AG5 Blodge Stepper Blitzer rolled snake eyes so he can access strength skills: Guard or Mighty Blow?
    One of my catchers (already has Dodge) rolled doubles as well and can access strength, Guard on him?

11. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    The blodge blitzer is easy. He wants guard.
    The ST4 blitzer wants the AG if you are keeping the team long term. Dodge is better if only playing for another season after this one.
    The catcher can go either Guard or MB. If you already have 2 or 3 guard and no MB then take MB. Otherwise go for guard.

burning_phoneix and Supa like this.
  12. burning_phoneix

Steam Username:
    burning.phoneix
    Country Flag:
    With the Blodge Blitzer getting guard that makes two guard (Both Blitzers) on this team. So going MB on the Catcher?

13. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    I would take MB on the catcher. It’s nice to have a hitter with high MA so you can move him back to safety after you blitz with him.

burning_phoneix likes this.
  14. burning_phoneix

Steam Username:
    burning.phoneix
    Country Flag:
    OK guys, I have a problem.

I've rolled another Double...and this time its Double Sixes on my Strong Arm thrower. Should I really go for the ST+? A lot of players on my team are missing basic skills (Ie having a LV.4 blitzer without dodge) because I'm rolling doubles and I'm really afraid my TV is ballooning (it's somewhere in the 1700s now).

15. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    I have a Necro team that just finished its first season in a private league. Tv is around 1350 once I re-buy a crocked golem (that’s the second one I’ve had to replace already).

So the wolves both levelled up and both rolled doubles. One had Block and Dodge already, so MB was a no-brainer. The other one rolled a double previously as his first skill and now rolled 5+5 for the second one!

I almost took Piling On as a knee-jerk reaction and I still think that’s the best choice despite the lack of Block, but wanted to see what others think. I definitely won’t take the +MA, but Juggernaut would be the other choice I would consider.

I assume Juggs works as intended in BB2, but haven’t had a chance to use it yet. It’s obviously useful to avoid TOs on blitzes until he gets Block and is good on frenzy pieces in general, but even so I reckon having a frenzy claw pomber is probably better right? :cool:

16. DireSickFish

Steam Username:
    SickFish
    Cyanide Username:
    DireSickFish
    Country Flag:
    I'd go PO because you can get Jump up naturally. But Juggs is also really good then you can get Dodge for protection instead of JU.

17. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Yeah po, very strong. Juggs is not bad and it works properly in BB2. If you say yes to using juggs it turns bd into push so to punch a wrestle you have to say no to using juggs (canceling wrestle is automatic so it's not using the skill apparently )

18. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Yeah PO is just too good to ignore. If by some miracle he manages to survive then he’ll get Block, Jump Up and Tackle and become a murder machine! :D

19. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    I don't know the full history of the team, but depending on skill set I could easily see another skill being useful, but it depends on your play style.

Strength is probably most use for a team focused on running play as it would help in and out of a cage, but a passer might benefit more from a double roll, depending on what skills they already have and what they can normally take.

20. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    A ST4 thrower makes stalling easier. It is also better on defence.
    But since he has strong arm you could not play him on D if you have a bench.

Block , Dodge , Strong Arm , Accurate , Safe Throw is a perfectly decent superstar pro elf thrower.
    ST4 instead of Safe Throw makes him far better on defence and if he gets hit but slightly worse at throwing the ball deep.

PO on the wolf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.