1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tactics Skill Allocation Advice VII

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Gallows Bait, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    Thanks all. I agree wrestle would be good but I am so short of basic skills I decided to wait for next catcher to wrestle.

And yes I need kick. I had kick but then the lineman died...

2. patbou73

patbou73 Active Member

Country Flag:
    @Silfuin DT on AV8 Blodgestep makes sense. DT on AV7 Wrestler that doesn’t yet have SS doesn’t. And even if she did have SS, she’s a Wrestler. JU and DT certainly have the same synergy as JU and Wrestle. But Wrestle and DT just doesn’t fit together. You don’t want opponent to be happy rolling a both down blocking a SS DT player.

3. patbou73

patbou73 Active Member

Country Flag:
    @Gallows Bait In CCL, you give Kick to the first Lineman that levels up after Blodge. You don’t need Kick to win games. It helps. But you do need Block and Dodge on players to keep players on the pitch to win games.

A naked Kicker is a juicy target. A Lino with Block isn’t. Less so when you then add Dodge. Then your Kicker is awesome. Yes, it means you won’t have a Kicker until game 12-15. But that’s fine. You’ve lost enough players to attrition already, so focus on survival skills first, before adding shenanigans to the team.

Oh, and in general, you should not take Dirty Player until you have a bench. Again, Block on that player would be a better skill, IMHO.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  4. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    The witch has wrestle. DT really wants to be on blodgestep so it can't easily be removed.
    I just think that DT is the 51SPP skill after dodge , tackle and sidestep.
    I take those 3 skills 1st on all blitzers that don't roll a double or stat.
    The 4th skill is then either DT , Fend or Dauntless

5. Silfuin

Silfuin Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Silfuin
    Country Flag:
    Yeah, thanks all, that's what I thought.

6. BallztotheWalla

BallztotheWalla Active Member

Country Flag:
    After losing on a 4+5+4+3+2+2+2+ 1ttd i got a consolation prize on my new wolf 6+6 i take the +st right?

my only concern is it will probably mean i never get mb on a wolf since the old wolf only have 1 shot left to get it and it would leave me with only 4 rolls left to get it total before they both are at 76spp...

edit: this is in big crunch 1600 tv necro that will play altdorf next season btw

7. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Yes take the str, str 4 wolf so good, and you have time to get mb, but even if you don't str >mb for me

8. Supa

Supa Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    Mb is tempting, but +STR should be the right choice. Gives you more frenzy options and also makes it stronger on scrums, as well as allowing you to position it better due to being harder to blitz down.

Blitzing with Wight when needed is still pretty darn good and easy to build a killer. Strength is hard to come by.

9. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Private League Orc team has two level-ups: https://spike.ovh/team?match_uuid=100090df91&display_team=away

Black Orc no. 1 has somehow survived to reach level 6 and rolled a normal. Grab seems like the obvious choice. Tackle, Break Tackle or even Frenzy might also make sense.

Blitzer no. 6 rolled 5+5. He has an AG bust, so taking the +MA is not appealing. Likewise I don’t think that Dodge would be optimal for him either, so am considering Diving Tackle for him. Thoughts?

10. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I agree that dodge and MA don't make much sense for the blitzer. DT is a decent option as he already has SF and makes use of the double.
    Lots of options for the Bob. I would probably go for tackle but that depends how much dodge there is around in the league.

11. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    The league is quite balanced in terms of bash, hybrid and agile teams, but there is a reasonable amount of players with Dodge all the same. If I give the blitzer DT, then he will almost certainly get Tackle if he makes it to 76 spp, although that could take a while to happen. I guess that adding a third Tackle now won't hurt and will probably get more use of out it than Grab in the long run. Thanks!

12. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    Solid Necro team has ball carrying ghoul roll double 4's. He has blodge/SS/sure hands. I'm not sure what to do here. I played without any ghouls for a long time, then hired him when a wolf was out. I'm used to playing with him now, but I still favor playing D in the first half with him on the bench, then bringing him out for my two offensive drives. I don't like AV7 on the pitch for defense.

Unfortunately most useful skills now will be defensive, which may have him on the pitch more. Which will just get him killed..

Options include guard (nice to have on a ball carrier, but does tend to lead to him being brought into the fray on defense). Diving tackle (blodge/SS makes this good on D), tackle, maybe fend? He could even get pass for two turn scoring chances going up I guess.

Any thoughts?

https://spike.ovh/team?team_id=3578684&platform=1

13. patbou73

patbou73 Active Member

Country Flag:
    If you really want to keep it on the bench for defense, I would take Pass. You can take Fend to protect against PO, and keep it free if you get blitzed. I wouldn’t take Tackle or Diving Tackle on a player you’re likely to overprotect. You will not benefit from these skills as much.

Jav likes this.
  14. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I don't like pass on a ghoul as you will very rarely use it.
    If he only plays offence then fend or KoR are ok.
    Guard is the best option but that means you want him on D as well.

Jav likes this.
  15. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    Yeah the only use for pass that I can see is that most of my victories come about as a 1-0 or 2-1 grind. The 2-1 can be tough with a team of all slow supporting players, so I really only envision using it on two turn attempts. I wasn't considering KoR, but that might be better than pass for those situations.

16. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Guard wins games and ghouls die. May as well get the most out of it while you can! ;)

17. Supa

Supa Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    Leader is underrated shout. It's good value for necro at 70k especially if you're at only two team rerolls. Guard isn't bad at all though this time not really optimal either. Fend, KoR and Tackle are reasonable options if you do not need either double (which seems to be the case if you won't field him on defense).

18. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Yeah, I just prefer Guard so that he can play both sides of the ball, otherwise it’s a lot of tv to sit on the bench.

19. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    Guard for me too, especially with wolves and their frenzy, and how slow most of the team is. Mobile guard is the best guard.

20. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Human AG 4 blitzer with Guard in my OCC team rolled a normal. Final three matches of the season are Chaos, Brets and Dwarfs.

Am thinking MB, as I only have one proper killer blitzer. Giving this guy MB means he can be a secondary hitter, while still being a mobile Guard. Hopefully it also helps him level faster for Tackle next.

Other options would be Tackle now, or Strip Ball. Tackle would only be useful against the Brets and all the above teams have Sure Hands carriers, plus I find Strip Ball to be too situational anyway.

Thoughts?